Don't buy Blue E-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im new to the forum and have been happily vaping for about 45 days. The first starter kit I bought was a Blue. Since then, one battery has crapped out and I have bought Joye 510 batteries. Awww, so much better. The Blue batteries don't hold a charge for very long, they tend to burn cartomizers and to many of the Blue cartomizers I bought were either dry or had a skunky taste to them. Filled with Jonson Creek e-liguid my ...! Now I use a 510 battery with a Volcano Magma clearomizer. Life is good.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Blu has it's drawbacks, but it did keep me going for about 2 months, while I sorted through all the info here and figured out some better stuff that worked for me. The cartos are Johnson Creek juice, but they are put together in China, so quality control is just not there.However, Johnson Creek has some good juice, that tastes much better than what they use in Blu's. And taste is subjective. :)

When seeing the ads for Blu as well as first checking out various brands of ecigs listed in an ecig review I found that brand was simply too pricey! After first trying out a vanilla menthol disposable by Logic which two friends also tried we agreed those also were not what we were looking for! Then I bought Bloog starter kits for the holiday gifts to hand out

When price shopping later finding that their refillable Aurora blank cartimizers were the better buy while their prefilled carts wimped out! I tried their other blank carts and tossed. Then they just came out with their 650mah manual battery and clearomizers which also work out well on their 808 manual batteries. Unfortunately their 78mm automatics fail with one wearing out, one flashing when attaching a cart from a shorted battery apparentaly, and one came in DOA! The dozen 65mm automatics as well as their manual batteries 65mm, 78mm, and 102mm sizes have all been reliable however!

Before their 650 and clearomizers I took a leap at the Ego Vamo with the seaparate 18650 2250mah battery and tried out a few 5ml tanks. The first actully pulled apart seeing the cart and bottom separate from the clear plastic and then had to slap the cart out in order to fill that first. Surprisingly once I pushed the cart back in half way to fill it the first and later slapping that out again for a second fill the tank hasn't leaked. By then however a second tank with a locking DCT was ordered as well as several 510 type clearomizers only to find a few flavors that wouldn't bite!

During this time I also started price shopping some more as well as trying out different brands of eliquids! For the 808D size 180-250mah cigarette size batteries as well as refillable cartimizers the two other brands being considered almost equal to Bloog would be Vapor King and Halo as far as pricing on things which includes starter kits, spare battery, chargers, blank cartimizers, and even each brand's own liquids for sale. Blu, V2, and some others on the other hand did not offer refillable blank cartimizers or clearomizers at times depending on which brand. One brand's carts were good for 1 1/2 packs rather then the usual two packs ss far as seeing 400 puffs.

Besides those high priced brands others sell only prefilled cartimizers some being refillable note while some others charge several times as much to get the same things! ecigs brand is high priced! They offer a trial or one time buy options where the one time for 10 prefilled cartimizers equal to two 5 packs runs 4 times higher then what Bloog sells! The automatic batteries so far have been reliable and the brand gives a slight improvement in vapor while they only offer a sweeter Minty menthol or what they call regular tobacco that seems to only be a burnt taste in your mouth! The menthol isn't too bad while the prices are!

cheesemaker

Mar 24, 2013
United States
I agree OptimoMuffin. Blu got me started as well, although I quickly moved on to better hardware. I will say that Johnson Creek's French Vanilla is good, as is their Wisconsin Frost (for those partial to some menthol flavor). RY4 and tobacco flavors are still by every day vape, but a touch of French vanilla and/or menthol is nice for a change.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I love the JC tobacco favors, but yeah never liked blu and now that they are owned by big T they are even worse. Maybe it's just me but one of the things that drove me away from analogs is the reality that they have plans to get our kids smoking. Every business has a plan to draw in new customers, it's just disturbing to me to draw in new people to a practice you know will probably kill them.

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
We all start somewhere, and Blu is about as good as any other. I don't know of many folks that stuck to their first e-cig for very long anyway. I also doubt that the OP will still be using those little 510's for very long, they are just one more step in the search for what a person likes.

You hit the nail on the head. It's been 6 months for me (vaping) and I'm just now discovering what I like best, what works best for me, and what I'll more than likely be sticking with as my primary, everyday vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread