• 350 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I'm just thinking that it would be useful to have some figures on how many draws/puffs we usually get from cartridges/eliquid.

Traders often claim a pack of cigs worth from a cartridge (whatever size :rolleyes:) and that doesn't seem to reflect real life for most of us. Everyone is different, we have different techniques, take different types of draw for different lengths of time but I'm interested in seeing if there will be an average here.

As a general guide:

1ml is around the amount of eliquid in a classic/penstyle cartridge (don't forget to make allowances for liquid that doesn't get used)
DSE901 cartridges hold around 0.5ml
Super minis are usually around 0.3ml
There are approximately 20-25 drops in 1ml

Please could you take a little time and try to work out how many draws/puffs you get from 1ml.

If you're not reasonably sure please don't vote, it will make the results unreliable.

Thank you.

jimgman

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
delaware
hmm, someone else had said 15 drops per ml.... anyone counted this for verification? i'm straining myself trying to figure out how i can figure puffs per ml.. seems like too many variables. i prolly dont do more than 30 or so puffs before topping off a cart. i would be too afraid of killing an atomizer by smoking it dry, or having too much liquid left in the cart to get any sort of reliable measure of puffs per ml. I am interested in this though, if i could figure a way to get a reliable result. seems most say about 15 puffs equals 2-3 drops.thats like 6 puffs per drop times 20 drops= about 120 puffs per 20 drops.....wish i could help more than that

I'm just thinking that it would be useful to have some figures on how many draws/puffs we usually get from cartridges/eliquid.

Traders often claim a pack of cigs worth from a cartridge (whatever size :rolleyes:) and that doesn't seem to reflect real life for most of us. Everyone is different, we have different techniques, take different types of draw for different lengths of time but I'm interested in seeing if there will be an average here.

As a general guide:

1ml is around the amount of eliquid in a classic/penstyle cartridge (don't forget to make allowances for liquid that doesn't get used)
DSE901 cartridges hold around 0.5ml
Super minis are usually around 0.3ml
There are approximately 20-25 drops in 1ml

Please could you take a little time and try to work out how many draws/puffs you get from 1ml.

If you're not reasonably sure please don't vote, it will make the results unreliable.

Thank you.

I spent last night trying to average the puffs I get on a M401 vs how many ML I could fit in it.

I can put about 8 drops in an "empty" cart (NOT DRY.. but EMPTY).

Quite surprisingly I got about 99 or 100 puffs before I started losing vapor but only about 96 before I started losing some taste. I sucked the thing damn near dry.. but didn't want to fry my atomizer.

I am not sure it would be accurate to multiply the 8 by 3 and the 100 by 3 though. I am SURE if I was using my 901 I would not be able to get so many puffs/ML. It holds back too much of the juice (which now makes sense why the 401 cart actually lasts longer for me). I think the distance between the atomizer and cart in the M401 just makes it vape better and more. Now.. if we could design an M401 which would hold mre liquid (I usually get 9 drops I think when cmpletely dry... but I will check later when I change my wool.

Maybe I will use a syrings to see how many ML I am filling it with so I can be more accurate before voting?

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
This is a bit of an eye opener for me Trog, I didn't expect that kind of trend.

I thought that my count of around 120 would be average and was thinking to compare it with the Ruyan/Dr Laugesen claims of 300.

If the average is 60 puffs per ml then rather than Dr Laugesen's claims of half to a third of the nicotine per puff compared with cigs we are getting an average of around two to three times more nicotine per puff with 16mg eliquid.

That is closer to the eliquid maths I have come across and explains the discrepancies. We can easily get a lot more nicotine with eliquid than with cigs.

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
I'm a dripper and a topper (haha), and it seems to me that I get about 10-15 puffs per 3 drops but I'm going to fill my syringe to 1 ml and count the puffs. I'm curious about this.
Great Rainbow.. I'll wait for your results :rolleyes:as I also do 10-15 puffs per 3 drops..or maybe it's 25 puffs..?! - K..gonna concentrate on how many puffs for now..

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
It might work to measure 1ml in a syringe and see how many draws it lasts. I know that's a bit tedious though. There's no easy way to do it with cartridges that I can see.

Maybe I'm missing something here but couldn't you do it backwards, like you would to measure mpg for a car?

Saturate the cart the way you always do... count your puffs until you normally would top off again.

Top off and count the drops until the cart is saturated the way you're used to.

Maybe it's diificult to see the level of saturation on some devices/carts?
On a 901 or Penstyle I think most peope can tell when one more drop is going to be too much and start to pool.

Just a thought.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
my style of smoking has changed kate.. i take way bigger and longer draws on an e cig than i do on a real cig... i still smoke the odd real one by the way..

in fact a double draw has become the norm for me.. i take in a mouthful part inhale then another mouthfull.. i then slowly and deeply inhale the lot and slowly exhale..

so my puff count would be very low but my intake would be high.. the main point being i do not smoke an e cig in the same way as i do or did smoke a real one..

which might mess up this puff count comparison... people are simply taking longer and deeper e puffs perhaps... i know i am..

trog

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
That sounds like a good plan Cage, thanks.

I vape differently too Trog. It's a bit silly trying to compare vaping with smoking in any way other than mg of nicotine to be honest. It's a different habit with different techniques. Folk want to know about comparisons though, how many puffs compare with smoking, how many cigs in a cartridge, etc. I suppose it's because we want to compare tolerance and strength of habit.

This question doesn't really interest me in any way except to compare with Dr Laugesen's claims about getting less nicotine per puff. People are being told that vaping isn't as potent as smoking and that just doesn't add up. It's going to happen more too, Dr Laugesen is being cited by the media now and they are spreading the myth of us getting less nicotine.

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
It really would be nice to have even a close reference for beginners.
As we all know, we just don't smoke these things the same way, so it's difficult.
As far as nicotine intake, if a pack a day smoker vapes the equivalent:

20 drops equals = 1 pack = 1 ml per cart.
So if most users vape 2 ml a day (like me) then I have doubled my habit and my nicotine intake.

"An average cigarette gives 1mg of nicotine so the eliquid would have to be 10mg to equal one cigarette."

So if I cut my liquid to lower strength, say 5 mg, then I would be closer to my old pack a day nicotine intake while still vaping 2 ml a day!

Then this statement would be (close to) true?

"A pack a day smoker should get the equivalent smoke and nicotine from 1 medium nicotine level penstyle size cartridge."

Am I right? Anybody?

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
That sounds reasonable Cage but just to add a little complication ...

That is a way to work it out if you vape a steady dose throughout the day. What if you vape zero or low and have occasional spikes of high for a buzz?

I'm trying as much zero as I like, 1ml of 11 or 18mg and 0.5ml of 6mg per day. My 'allowance' is 24mg. So, what I mean is that it can be ok to use high nic eliquid as long as it isn't constant, it's more effective in small, spread out doses.

I'm a bit tired and don't know if I'm talking a load of old tripe now, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread