Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I've got oodles of tips.
A lot are $4 from fasttech, some are $20+ "name brand".
They totally DO make a difference - when I get a new atty, one of the first things I do is try a few different tips til I figure out which one works best with it - fit and airflow...
I like them (these days) sort of "medium bore".
Here's a few in rotation right now -
tips2day.jpg

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
The correct drip tip for me depends on the tank or rda.

Wider = more vapor
Longer = cooler
Shorter = hotter
Narrow = concentrated

Then there are cooling fins or shape or material to consider. Metal transfers heat more than delrin or ceramic or glass. Vase style or straight? My e-pipe almost demands a long narrow tip.

If it sounds like I have built up a collection over the years...well...yep.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
It's all about air, going in and going out. You can control the air intake by the size of the holes or openings in your RDA or RTA. You control the exiting air with the drip tip. Selecting the right one will make a big difference. Generally, the lower the build, the more air you have to move, or the vape will be warm/hot. That's why big 'chuff caps' are popular with the super sub- ohm crowd.
As for material, some will retain heat more or less than others. Personally, I vape at around .4 ohms, but I tend to dislike metal tips. My preference is usually mid bore (6 or 7mm) wood, Pyrex, or acrylic.

Reactions: Eskie

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I would say Grimwald summed it up pretty well with his description. For me, I use a 304 stainless drip tip that's cerekoted. I like the same and size of it. Feels good vaping it. Personally, I love using delrin drip tips when I use a regulated mod though. Plus on a regulated mod, wide enough to be able to drip through it without taking the top cap off is a huge plus.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I use an SV rda clone exclusively and drip through the drip tip. I want something short, wide, durable. Fasttech comes through with this. $0.91 Resin 510 Drip Tip for Derringer RTA and More - 13mm / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping They seem a bit pricey at, 91 cents each, for FT, but they appear to be machined, not molded, which probably allows a stronger material that can be machined but not molded to such thin walls. I've been using them for a year. My 10 year stash will have 10 of them.
2134606-2.jpg

Pico%2Bsleeve.jpg

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
+1 to Grimwald's summary. :thumb:

Currently, my favorite tip is the Cherry Vapes Cloud Chaser wide-bore. Delrin does not absorb the heat from the atomizer and doesn't collect "lip burgers" like metal tips do. I prefer the direct lung hits that wide bore tips provide.

That wasn't always the case. At one time I preferred mouth-to-lung draws from narrow bore drip tips.

I also liked pyrex tips back in the day. They stayed cool and were very decorative, if rather fragile. Acrylic and Tru-Stone tips are much like pyrex, and much more durable.

A great place to find a variety of drip tips is Drip Tip Designz.

Below are a few examples of different tips I've used:
full
full
full
full
full
full

Last edited:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Where can I buy narrow bore drip tips now that Molehill has gone out of business?

I've seen a few of them at mainstream vendors like My Vapor Store, Sweet-Vapes and Vapor DNA, but the narrow bore ones are usually sold out. I found a vendor in the UK, that has plenty of narrow bore tips, but I'm not crazy about paying shipping costs from across the pond. I've bought two narrow bore acrylic tips that I loved, but they keep breaking on me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Do different drip tips affect things like flavor, throat hit, heat of the tip? I have two delrin one wide bore and one that's narrower and an acrylic narrow one. I think I like the narrow ones best. What are your favorites?

The Size, Shape, Bore of a Drip Tip can make a Big Difference IMO.

I'm a Flavor Chaser. And I tend to lean more towards Shorter Drip Tips that have a Smaller Bore.

I really like these on my NarDa RDA...

2169805-2.jpg

$1.23 Acrylic 510 Drip Tip - 14mm / white + black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

And these are Nice for RTA's...

2328000-2.jpg

$1.15 POM 510 Drip Tip - 17mm / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I actually like to chuck those Cone type Drip Tips in a Drill and shorten them a Tad.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I've literally used every single drip tip with the tank that it came with. I'm so basic. :(:lol:
Me too.

I might change the very odd one around, but I use stock tips on my Kangers, Kabukis, Kayfuns, Aspires, etc.

I have a handful of extra drip tips on hand, but I think the most I have ever spent on one was about $4. There are some amazing drip tips out there, but I personally can't see spending $20+ on one. YMMV...

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I've literally used every single drip tip with the tank that it came with. I'm so basic. :(:lol:

A good topper will have the engineer's intent in the drip tip so it shouldn't be too bad. But, vaping is a big world and so many things can be tinkered with to get better satisfaction, if it is a desire.

Like others, I have a lot of drip tips. Just trying things with Shinyitis-wazoo toppers. But, with availability a concern, I thought more on what my long-term toppers would be and I picked up a few more.

I just took a trip for 3 weeks. I took 4 toppers with a spare glass and a spare drip tip. I broke 2 drip tips in the first week. I think I broke maybe only 1-2 since I started. Lost a few. Part of the vapemail that is coming are some more heavy-duty ones. Takes awhile to find the right material, inner diameter, color, style, and height.

I think I am happy with medium everything, but I like different when the mood strikes...most days. :eek:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I miss molehill alot. I bought the last wooden tip they had before they closed and never got to buy one of their glass beauties. But I found a great company I'm going to buy from when I get some money. Check out usaglassdriptips. Com
Cheap hand blown artisan tips.
But I wish molehill was still alive :(

Those tips are gorgeous! I'll buy from them for sure!

Reactions: Huehugh

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

I replaced the tips on my Pro Tanks. Turned out they are chrome plated brass and after a while the plating started coming off around the end of the tip. I didn't fancy ingesting small pieces of chrome. I got a bunch of assorted tips from Kidney Puncher for $1 each and figured out which ones fitted all my tanks. So I could replace the PT tips and have spares for other tanks in case of losing them or whatever. I like the Delrin ones best.

I got a couple of genuine stone tips once. They were nice looking tips, but they both broke at the base. The part that goes into the hole in the tank. One day I'll try to repair them once I figure out what glue is good for stone. Superglue would do the job but it has some pretty nasty chemicals in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread