Drysmoking or Dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
Everybody seems to be so nice and helpful. I like this club! Emp, I like the idea of the little ultrasonic cleaner. Makes sense to me. (More $ for my new hobby though!) I have invested a lot of time and money on my new obsession and I want to make sure I'm maintaining my e-cig components the best way possible. Did you already buy this gizmo and try it yet?

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
I have tried dripping with my njoy, but was not very impressed. The cartridges seem to work better.
For me the cartridges work better also, UNTIL the atomizer starts to get cranky and the vapor is consistently less. Then dripping is what fires it up.

(UNTIL it gets even more cranky and needs to be babied like a toddler who skipped naptime to eat Pixy Sticks and drink Coke and was later dragged to the grocery store at 10pm to do the monthly shopping, but I digress...)

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
(UNTIL it gets even more cranky and needs to be babied like a toddler who skipped naptime to eat Pixy Sticks and drink Coke and was later dragged to the grocery store at 10pm to do the monthly shopping, but I digress...)

lol ... deserved a quote. LOL :D

jamie speaks the truth ... these bad boyz have issues sometimes ... lol ... nature of the beast.

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
Hi Janet

The road wuz long but we ran it!

On the cleaning thing, Clavit has just bought an ultrasonic cleaning gizmo. I'm gonna get one too so I'll let you know how that turns out.

Emp

Emp,
I was at the drugstore today and found little ultrasonic cleaners by the denture products. The package stated you should use them with cleaning tablets. So I thought, why don't I just try the cleaning tablets? So I ended up just buying a package of Polident - made for Partials. Package states that it cleans tough stains and is safe on metal surfaces. So far, my atomizers are still working. I'm thinking preventative maintenance. But I don't want to ruin a working atomizer. I'm torn. :cry:

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
First and foremost, I did not write what you're about to read. This information comes from esigaret.nl, but is so solid that I felt it had to be listed here for the benefit of our members. So without further ado:

Direct link

Enjoy everyone!

:oops:okie sorry my english is not good I roughly can summarize

what you mean u take the liquid from the cart and drop 3 drops on penstyle model.

instead smoke from the cotton wool.

overall the liquid is still from the cart rite?

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
I ended up just buying a package of Polident - made for Partials. Package states that it cleans tough stains and is safe on metal surfaces. So far, my atomizers are still working. I'm thinking preventative maintenance. But I don't want to ruin a working atomizer. I'm torn.
As far as I know you only have 3 ecigs, true? I had 4 and they all crapped out at once, so personally I wouldn't play around with a solidly working atomizer having only 3. One of them will start making trouble soon and you can give it a try.

BTW, that's a great idea you had and I look forward to reading your Polident tale! :)

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
As far as I know you only have 3 ecigs, true? I had 4 and they all crapped out at once, so personally I wouldn't play around with a solidly working atomizer having only 3. One of them will start making trouble soon and you can give it a try.

BTW, that's a great idea you had and I look forward to reading your Polident tale! :)

Hi Jamie,
Yes I have 3 e-cigs, but they all have two atomizers. One has 3. I got another extra from Njoy (my first one) when the atomizer quit working. But after I didn't use it for a while, it started working again. Now I can't tell which one "the bad one" was. I am pretty much constantly puffing on the dad-burn things, so when one gets weak in the smoke department, I put it down and pick up one of the others. This process of rotation, so far, has kept my atomizers working. But I'm expecting the day will come when an atomizer will die. I really don't want to wait that long if there is something I can do to prevent it. Dontcha just love experimenting?:rolleyes:8-o

McSocker

Jul 1, 2008
Singapore
alrite i couldn't resist experimenting with dripping... so.... went off to buy a 5ml syringe, plucked out all the cottons from all my used carts, chunked them into the syringe,... and WOW there's so much liquid saved from like only 6 used carts!!!

Dripped 3 drops straight into the atomizer and WOW its like smoking a brand new e-cig!! good smoke, good hit, mixed taste haha (the used carts consists of coffee, menthol, flue-cured flavours).... it seems that i still have quite a bit of liquid in the syringe, even after topping off 3 half-used carts, and darn i haven gotten any bottles to store my precious liquids.... squeezed at least 6 drops of liquid into the sink as i had no where else to store them...

i'm taking a big risk as i only have 1 set of e-cig and 1 extra atomizer... hopefully dripping doesn't screw it up

Now some queries..... after dripping, is it necessary to smoke away most of the liquid? or izzit alrite to leave the atomizer with liquid still in it?

and based on you guy's experience, how many puffs can you get from dripping? e.g. 30 puffs from 2 drops e.t.c. cos when i see remarks saying getting 10mins from 2 drops, i can't really picture how much is that...

TheEmperorOfIceCream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2008
London, UK
Hi McSocker

Only started dripping myself a couple of weeks back so I'm no expert but here's my experience.

I've dripped RN4081, DSE901 and RN4072 generics - that's supermini, mini and penstyle. Haven't dripped any of my branded versions yet but that's just caution. When I'm down with he technique entirely I'll certainly drip a Kissbox.

I never put more than 3 drops on an atomiser and that's usually good for about 20-25 minutes of constant use. I don't do puff counts but the only time I'm not inhaling is when I'm exhaling. I like playing with the vapour so I blow smoke rings a lot. When they lose the 'fat doughnut' look I know it's time for more juice, but at this point the atomiser is not dry so it's 1 or 2 drops. Don't know if it's the amount of puffing but it seems to me that the atomiser gets hotter when I'm dripping rather than using carts.

I don't smoke away the liquid and that might even be a bad idea because at some point you'll be smoking a dry atomiser. Might be a good idea to separate it from the battery overnight, remove the mouthpiece and set it on a kitchen towel, cart side down. Lots of our forum members do this to drain crap from the atomiser, but that's generally to get rid of cart fibre debris so may not be strictly relevant to drip smoking.

One other thing, pick up a dropper bottle and a syringe. Pop the cart wool into the syringe (about 6 fit easily) and squeeze it into the dropper bottle. Enjoy the delights of melange e-smoking. You'll be amazed at how much you recover. If you're sensitive about buying syringes you can order them online from printer ink refill suppliers

All the best and good luck

Emp

McSocker

Jul 1, 2008
Singapore
Hi McSocker

Only started dripping myself a couple of weeks back so I'm no expert but here's my experience.

I've dripped RN4081, DSE901 and RN4072 generics - that's supermini, mini and penstyle. Haven't dripped any of my branded versions yet but that's just caution. When I'm down with he technique entirely I'll certainly drip a Kissbox.

I never put more than 3 drops on an atomiser and that's usually good for about 20-25 minutes of constant use. I don't do puff counts but the only time I'm not inhaling is when I'm exhaling. I like playing with the vapour so I blow smoke rings a lot. When they lose the 'fat doughnut' look I know it's time for more juice, but at this point the atomiser is not dry so it's 1 or 2 drops. Don't know if it's the amount of puffing but it seems to me that the atomiser gets hotter when I'm dripping rather than using carts.

I don't smoke away the liquid and that might even be a bad idea because at some point you'll be smoking a dry atomiser. Might be a good idea to separate it from the battery overnight, remove the mouthpiece and set it on a kitchen towel, cart side down. Lots of our forum members do this to drain crap from the atomiser, but that's generally to get rid of cart fibre debris so may not be strictly relevant to drip smoking.

One other thing, pick up a dropper bottle and a syringe. Pop the cart wool into the syringe (about 6 fit easily) and squeeze it into the dropper bottle. Enjoy the delights of melange e-smoking. You'll be amazed at how much you recover. If you're sensitive about buying syringes you can order them online from printer ink refill suppliers

All the best and good luck

Emp

thx for the prompt reply... i've already bought a syringe from a pharmacy.. haha no qualms about buying them.... just need to find where to buy a dropper bottle.. and wow 3 drops for 20-25mins of constant use!! dats a lot!... i drip my penstyle wif 3 drops and i doubt i have puffed 30 times.... guess i'll be draining away pretty much tonite....

summernites

Feb 7, 2011
Grinnell iowa
this has to do with a leo battery. i was happily puffing away on my leo when the light started flashing. as it does this when the battery is low i didnt pay much attention. so in a few moments my addy was so hot u couldnt touch it and the battery light stayed on and so did the addy. i disconnected the 2 and the battery has been flashing every since. what on earth is with my possesed battery? i suspect it is done for . anyone have that experience? what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread