Dual Coil 510 Tank Cartomizer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
These tanks are so reasonable I just bought 4 of them myself, how the heck can you go wrong for $12 for a tank, I'm going to keep one and give the other 3 to new vapors that I turn on to vaping because there such a great way for new vapors to start out with no hassles of dripping or using Attys and it will make it very easy for them I believe.

Shadoweb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Anyone have a cart DOA?

Not quite DOA but the second tank I got, the carto just never would wick right. I bought some pre-punched cartos from CoV until MadVapes can get some and the tank is so much smoother and flavorful now, so something must have been up with that 2nd carto.

AtomNeely

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
Alpharetta, GA
Not quite DOA but the second tank I got, the carto just never would wick right. I bought some pre-punched cartos from CoV until MadVapes can get some and the tank is so much smoother and flavorful now, so something must have been up with that 2nd carto.

So the other companies' Pre-Punched Cartos are fitting in MadVapes DCT?

Shadoweb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
So the other companies' Pre-Punched Cartos are fitting in MadVapes DCT?

Yep, in fact the ones from CoV perfectly match the ones that came with the second tank from MadVapes, round spacer at the bottom. I'd much rather buy locally, but until they get them in stock I have to look elsewhere.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I've been following this thread, and I thought I'd chime in with a couple of questions.

I am sort of a "tank queen". I have 7 liquinators and about 2 dozen homemade syringe cartotanks. I have been using tanks for months, and I am pretty familiar with their operation. I have some questions.

******I have experience cutting tubing for my liquinators and syringe tanks. Is there any reason I would not be able to cut down the length of the tank so I can use regular single coil cartos? I just prefer my 3.0 single coil cartos on my VV mods.

******Can these tanks be filled like liquinators by pushing the batt end in and slanting to one side to refill? I am speaking of non-flanged cartos.

******can you do a "hot switch" with the carto by sliding a fresh one through while pushing the old one out? I am speaking of non-flanged cartos.

Does anyone know what the tube material is? Is it polycarbonate? Syringe type plastic? Is it brittle? Do you think it'll be prone to cracks like the liquinators?

I really like my homemade tanks, but I wish I could do a "hot switch" of cartos. I find this to be the major drawback to my homemade syringe tanks when it comes time to change the carto out.

Last edited:

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
A number of people have ask about punching holes in a carto. The best and easiest is the saddle valve, you just turn the handle in until you hear a pop and continue turning until it stops and you have a perfect hole the same size every time. Another way is to use a pointed sheet rock or Deck screw and hit it with a hammer until it break thru the carto and tap it until you get the size hole you want. Practice on a old carto to get the hang of it, punch a bunch of holes in it for practice.

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I don't have a liquinator so I can't compare, but I think you can do the same things with these. The tanks are not thick and I dont think they will break easily.
I've been following this thread, and I thought I'd chime in with a couple of questions.

I am sort of a "tank queen". I have 7 liquinators and about 2 dozen homemade syringe cartotanks. I have been using tanks for months, and I am pretty familiar with their operation. I have some questions.

******I have experience cutting tubing for my liquinators and syringe tanks. Is there any reason I would not be able to cut down the length of the tank so I can use regular single coil cartos? I just prefer my 3.0 single coil cartos on my VV mods.

******Can these tanks be filled like liquinators by pushing the batt end in and slanting to one side to refill? I am speaking of non-flanged cartos.

******can you do a "hot change" with the carto by sliding a fresh one through while pushing the old one out? I am speaking of non-flanged cartos.

Does anyone know what the tube material is? Is it polycarbonate? Syringe type plastic? Is it brittle? Do you think it'll be prone to cracks like the liquinators?

I really like my homemade tanks, but I wish I could do a "hot change" of cartos. I find this to be the major drawback to my homemade syringe tanks.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I have tried all these procedures to cut or put a hole in these and I feel the easiest way is to use the screw method. Its fast and easy.
A number of people have ask about punching holes in a carto. The best and easiest is the saddle valve, you just turn the handle in until you hear a pop and continue turning until it stops and you have a perfect hole the same size every time. Another way is to use a pointed sheet rock or Deck screw and hit it with a hammer until it break thru the carto and tap it until you get the size hole you want. Practice on a old carto to get the hang of it, punch a bunch of holes in it for practice.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I have tried all these procedures to cut or put a hole in these and I feel the easiest way is to use the screw method. Its fast and easy.
I like the screw method too, but the saddle valve I can keep in my office, so easier that a screw and hammer in the office.LOL Still waiting for your thoughts on the tank you bought from Madvapes. So will look again tomorrow, Got to get my beauty rest.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
.. I am getting a lot of popping

Those are a satisfied carto's 'happy farts'! That means that the coils are damp and firing fine. thumbsup.gif

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
You can make a hole-punch jig with a block of wood the size if a child's alphabet block. Simply drill a 3/8" hole through it. This will be your carto's "bed". Cut the block through the hole you just drilled long-ways. Now you have 2 halves with a semi-circled groove. Next, install a sharp-pointed screw through one half of your block, until 1/8' of the point is visible in the middle carto bed. Mark either side of the screw tip, so you know where to orient your carto. Lay a carto in the bed so that the screw tip will pierce it where you want it. Lay the other half of the block on top and give it a whack! Perfect, uniform holes every time. Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread