Status
Not open for further replies.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I couldn't find the answer on ebay, so maybe someone here has an answer or best guess.
I typically buy my eGo 900mah batteries and atomizers on ebay. Does anyone have any info on how the August 8th deeming regulations might impact sellers on ebay?

As far as the FDA would be concerned, they'd have to follow the same rules as every other vendor in the US.

Ebay's policy says they aren't suppose to be sold on Ebay. Tobacco policy

Reactions: bnrkwest

Sewnmachine

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Akron, Ohio - in the "hood"
There's all sorts of things that aren't supposed to be sold on eBay, either according to eBay's policies, or because they violate some law or regulation.

My guess is, that stuff will still be offered, especially by overseas vendors.

The atomizers that I buy come as an e-packet from China. They work well. But I've noticed the good deals on the ego batteries are getting harder to find ( those come from China as well, but I am able to get them from US vendors). A hoarder mentality has beset me and as of today I'm finished buying. I've got about 3-4 years worth of supplies. Hopefully though my batteries won't degrade too much within that period of time.

Reactions: seminolewind

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
What is "freezing" and what temperature are most freezers set to?
"Standard" for a house-hold freezer is 0°F or about -18°C. The freezer I keep my nic in is turned to full cold, which is somewhere between -10°F (-23°C) and -15°F (-26°C) depending which thermometer I use to check it.

=-=-=-=

If I were stocking eGo type batteries for the long haul, I think I would check their state of charge, make sure it's between 3.6 and 3.8V, then put them in a glass jar, along with some silica packets to absorb moisture, and keep the jar in the refrigerator, but not in the freezer.

Sewnmachine

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Thank you, thank you. I'll see if my husband has something to check the volts. Then I'll jar em up for the coming famine. I don't have any silica, so I'll start scrounging those from Tylenol bottles I guess. Is 3.6V a full charge on these batteries? Or just a partial charge?. Sorry, I don't mean to be a pest, but I have to store all of my supplies as optimally as possible. I have never given my batteries or atomizers or juice a second thought prior to the FDA business. Now, I find myself devising recipes for juice and hoarding batteries. Good grief.

Reactions: Rossum

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Is 3.6V a full charge on these batteries?
It's probably close to the recommended 40% charge level for storage.
Right about where you want to store it in the REFRIGERATOR rather than the freezer.

Just ignore those ...... who suggest the freezer.
They are not familiar with the alphabet.
:laugh:

Sewnmachine

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
So now a question about testing the voltage. For a 900mah battery - what settings would I use on a multimeter? And where would I place the probes? I can't tell if these batteries have a +/- end (polarity?).
And when I test the battery, do I have my finger on the button so that it is on? or do I turn the battery off entirely?
Thank you so much to whomever might take the time to answer these questions. I never thought that I would ever be in a position to have to hoard and test batteries. Thank you, FDA.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
If I were stocking eGo type batteries for the long haul, I think I would check their state of charge, make sure it's between 3.6 and 3.8V, then put them in a glass jar, along with some silica packets to absorb moisture, and keep the jar in the refrigerator, but not in the freezer.

Gonna have a tough time checking battery voltage on an Ego unless you rip it open, Ego batteries have a regulated output.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
So now a question about testing the voltage. For a 900mah battery - what settings would I use on a multimeter? And where would I place the probes? I can't tell if these batteries have a +/- end (polarity?).
And when I test the battery, do I have my finger on the button so that it is on? or do I turn the battery off entirely?
Thank you so much to whomever might take the time to answer these questions. I never thought that I would ever be in a position to have to hoard and test batteries. Thank you, FDA.

Most meters have a tough time reading the output voltage of an Ego. Ego voltage is regulated with a switching regulator so the voltage isn't stable enough for most multi-meters or inline meters.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
dead reck·on·ing
noun
noun: dead reckoning
  1. the process of calculating one's position, especially at sea, by estimating the direction and distance traveled rather than by using landmarks, astronomical observations, or electronic navigation methods.
  • Run it 'till it won't fire anymore.
  • Charge it until it's full and keep track of how long that takes.
  • Charge it for 30-40% of the time it took to get to full.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
dead reck·on·ing
noun
  1. the process of calculating one's position, especially at sea, by estimating the direction and distance traveled rather than by using landmarks, astronomical observations, or electronic navigation methods.
Is that the method one would use if they wanted to soon be dead?
:D

Reactions: rico942

Sewnmachine

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
dead reck·on·ing
noun
  • Charge it until it's full and keep track of how long that takes.
  • Charge it for 30-40% of the time it took to get to full.

Thank you Rossum, AZPlumber and DC2. This sounds do-able. Time consuming......but do-able. Dead reckoning.

Reactions: Rossum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread