eBay Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustin25ship

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've noticed there's a good amount of e-cig accessories on eBay, and a lot of them are "fake". I've been considering buying an ego C Twist battery, and there's a good price difference on the ones that are joyetech and the ones that aren't. Does anyone have experience with the non-official one? Just wondering if it's worth it to pay the extra money and get an authentic joyetech product. Also what about tanks and clearomizers and all that other stuff. Does it always make sense to buy name brand stuff, or are the others just as good. Sorry for the noob questions but I'm just learning about all this. I do prefer to buy on eBay since I can use PayPal there, even though PayPal apparently doens't want to deal in e-cigs.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I once bought a couple of no-name CE4 style clearomizers and they just didn't work. I ended up throwing it out. Since then I've always bought genuine Joyetech and Vision products and have had no issues. I know of other people who prefer clones. The problem is that unless you know from a review or personal experience that they are good, you are taking a chance.

I would not buy batteries for a PV from an eBay seller. It's just too much of a safety issue for me to take the chance.

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
As they say, you get what you pay for. Problem is with ebay what you get might not be what you think it is (poor copies, old merchandise, mis-represented merchandise, outright fraud). Look through the recommended seller lists on this forum and for a few dollars more get something that you'll have confidence in. I wouldn't buy medication from the internet that might be fake and kill me for example. Would you?

rawr

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
I've noticed there's a good amount of e-cig accessories on eBay, and a lot of them are "fake". I've been considering buying an ego C Twist battery, and there's a good price difference on the ones that are Joyetech and the ones that aren't. Does anyone have experience with the non-official one? Just wondering if it's worth it to pay the extra money and get an authentic Joyetech product. Also what about tanks and clearomizers and all that other stuff. Does it always make sense to buy name brand stuff, or are the others just as good. Sorry for the noob questions but I'm just learning about all this. I do prefer to buy on eBay since I can use PayPal there, even though PayPal apparently doens't want to deal in e-cigs.

Take a look here for ego twist and iclear/kanger attys: FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

rawr

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
Does Fasttech offer authentic products? I was under the impression it was all knockoff stuff on there. I could be totally wrong though. Like I said, I'm new!

You are totally wrong! :D

Authentic samsung stuff, rsst genesis rba, protanks, iclears, bear grylls sheat knive, ego batteries, itaste mvp/svd/v3, glo-toob and more.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I would not buy batteries for a PV from an eBay seller. It's just too much of a safety issue for me to take the chance.
:thumb: I agree with Ryedan about batteries from eBay. I agree that it's a safety issue. There have been allegations that counterfeit batteries are being sold there. Until you have gotten experience in knowing what a particular brand is supposed to look like from the label, color, etc. you take a big risk, and even then you won't know if it's an authentic battery until you use it.

It's my opinion that it's better to buy from a trusted vendor like RTD Vapor for your brand name batteries. You pay a couple bucks more but you sleep better knowing that the chances decrease that your house won't burn down from using a bad battery or charger in your home.

Educate yourself on batteries. I have seen generic "NCR unprotected Li Ion" batteries for sale on Fasttech. These were not Li Mn safe-chemistry unprotected batteries, either. They were dirt cheap. These batteries should never be used in a mod, and I was surprised to even see them listed. Then I realized that Fasttech sells batteries for all purposes, not just for vaping. I guess there is an application for those batteries other than for vaping. Just be fully aware of what you need and don't buy the wrong thing. If you aren't sure, don't buy it.

I've written yet another blog to help vapors. This one about the batteries we use in vaping.
Battery Basics for Mods: Protected or IMR?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/4848-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected.html

Last edited:

OzarkTroutBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Ozarks
Awesome. Thank you for the help. I will definitely be ordering from them in the near future.

You will need patience ordering from FastTech. I've been tracking packages the last 3 days one has been sitting in Hong Kong and the other in San Fransisco. Neither has been moving. It just takes extra time to clear customs in both countries and sometimes it takes FastTech a few days to get the order together. Upside is you can save some cash.

Rifty

Aug 14, 2013
United States
As they say, you get what you pay for.

Would totally have to agree with that, especially when it comes to batteries. As some mentioned, it is probably a HORRIBLE idea to get batts off eBay. They could easily be grabbing old cells from used batteries, re-wrapping them, and labeling them as a different brand, or as brand new. When it comes to batteries though, you gonna save what, $4 or so if you were to buy the "same" brand on eBay, and you do not know 100% that is what you are going to get? IMO, spend the extra $4 to make sure you are getting what you are paying for, and not a pipe bomb explosion waiting to take your hand off. Not only is that going to be thousands in medical expenses, you may go through life without the use of your hand, at the least. Yes, that is a worst case scenario thing there, but this is one situation where "you GET what you pay for" is not just someone trying to get you to buy a name brand or something. Love all the AW's I have ever bought, Efest and "xxx"fire types are not bad either. But an AW will last you a good 3-6 months, if not longer (depending on vaping habits), for roughly $12 a piece. Not a bad investment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread