Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
joyetech has apparently redesigned the Egrip All-in-One yet again for official release on May 4, 2016. It now uses the Cubis Style Atomizer Coil line and has a built in non-replaceable 2200mah battery. It includes a clock mode, a LED to make the juice in the tank glow and a apparently a Games Menu featuring Angry Birds.
upload_2016-5-4_5-23-26.png

upload_2016-5-3_18-58-21.png

upload_2016-5-3_18-56-2.png

upload_2016-5-5_4-26-39.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 7sixtwo

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Eh, until they change their coils, I just can't see getting anymore Joytech tanks. That juice capacity is pretty lackluster. And games? hah. Well said sucram.

I can't believe I'm saying this....but Kanger, we're looking at you to put out a proper leakfree Nebox with alllll the fixes. Its the best concept of all of the all-in-ones in my view.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tpat591

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
While it remains to be seen whether this Egrip makeover will be successful, I do have to seriously question Joyetech's understanding of the marketplace for All-in-One Mods and the Regulations being imposed on the vaping industry when they release a mod with a games menu. Do they not understand that the anti vaping critics will immediately use this to bolster their arguments that vaping is targeting our children.

Shame on you Joyetech for releasing this mod with a Games Menu. Do you not realize that the anti-vaping critics will jump on this development immediately to bolster their argument that the vaping industry is producing fruit and desert flavors in order to appeal to and target children with a highly addictive habit detrimental to their health? Very bad move.

You need to drop the gimmicks and realize that we are looking for a reliable and accurate All-in-One TC mod with multiple wire support, upgrade-able firmware, adjustable TCR settings, REPLACEABLE 18650 Batteries, 10ml+ capacity, a full size traditional replaceable RBA Deck system that can handle Single coil, Dual coil, and Velocity Style Vertical coil builds that would put the Kanger Nebox to shame and rule the marketplace! We do not need a games menu that gives our opposition a better argument to ban these products forever!

While this certainly appears to be a much better release that ticks more of the boxes we are looking for than your last, rather abysmal effort with the Egrip VT that still suffered from severe airflow and leaking issues, You have still missed the demands of the marketplace to a great degree. We don't want to leave the house with a mod that has a juice capacity that won't last even a few hours and a battery that will be dead after a tank and a half or two. We want a unit that has the capacity to be away from the home for more than a full days work without refilling, a replaceable 18650 that we can change out on the fly, refill the tank and be good for a night on the town without have to stop and plug in the mod to charge for 3 hours and a proper RBA system that allows us to customize our coils and build to our needs without being locked into your proprietary, expensive, and inadequate stock coils. It should not be that difficult of a concept for you to understand.

Please stop the gimmicks! While This Unit seems a respectable release for the light vaping/ladies purse market segment and corrects many of the flaws of the VT, we now need the mod for the construction worker on the go who works a 10 hr day, then buys supplies for the next day, and runs out for a bite to eat and a beer or two before plopping into bed to get some sleep before doing it all again the next day!

Please--We are begging for a mod like this!

(Most of this post was copied (then edited) directly from a ranting feedback post I left on Joyetech's Facebook page. If you agree with me, please add your comments supporting comments both there and on Joyetech social so we can get them to understand!)

Last edited:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
And what is this ad featuring the closet cross dresser who forgot to pull his earrings out before heading out to the office? Seriously? What are they thinking?

View attachment 550996
Really? That's what you got from that ad? I think he looks European, and maybe that's a hot office look in Europe. I like it! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
While it remains to be seen whether this Egrip makeover will be successful, I do have to seriously question Joyetech's understanding of the marketplace for All-in-One Mods and the Regulations being imposed on the vaping industry when they release a mod with a games menu. Do they not understand that the anti vaping critics will immediately use this to bolster their arguments that vaping is targeting our children.

Shame on you Joyetech for releasing this mod with a Games Menu. Do you not realize that the anti-vaping critics will jump on this development immediately to bolster their argument that the vaping industry is producing fruit and desert flavors in order to appeal to and target children with a highly addictive habit detrimental to their health? Very stupid move.

You need to drop the gimmicks and realize that we are looking for a reliable and accurate All-in-One TC mod with multiple wire support, upgrade-able firmware, adjustable TCR settings, REPLACEABLE 18650 Batteries, 10ml+ capacity, a full size traditional replaceable RBA Deck system that can handle Single coil, Dual coil, and Velocity Style Vertical coil builds that would put the Kanger Nebox to shame and rule the marketplace! We do not need a games menu that give our opposition a better argument to ban these products forever!

While this certainly appears to be a much better release that ticks more of the boxes we are looking for than your last, rather abysmal effort with the Egrip VT that still suffered from severe airflow and leaking issues, You have still missed the demands of the marketplace to a great degree. We don't want to leave the house with a mod that has a juice capacity that won't last even a few hours and a battery that will be dead after a tank and a half. We want a unit that has the capacity to be away from the home for more than a full days work without refilling, a replaceable 18650 that we can change out on the fly, refill the tank and be good for a night on the town without have to stop and plug in the mod to charge for 3 hours and a proper RBA system that allows us to customize our coils and build to our needs without being locked into your proprietary, expensive, and inadequate stock coils. It should not be that difficult of a concept for you to understand.

Please stop the gimmicks! While This Unit seems a respectable release for the bottom tier ladies purse market segment, we now need the mod for the construction worker on the go who works a 10 hr day, then buys supplies for the next day, and runs out for a bite to eat and a beer or two before plopping into bed to get some sleep before doing it all again the next day!

Please--We are begging for a mod like this!

(Most of this post was copied (then edited) directly from a ranting feedback post I left on Joyetech's Facebook page. If you agree with me, please add your comments supporting comments both there and on Joyetech social so we can get them to understand!)

Well, I don't support your rant, but I will comment! This mod obviously isn't in the realm of anything you are interested in, but as a "bottom-tier ladies purse market" vaper, apparently, I think the hysterics over a small gaming feature on a mod are a little over the top. I honestly don't think 1 mod with a gaming mode is going to bring down the wrath of The Powers That Be. From what I have been seeing lately regarding the deeming regs, lawmakers are much more focused on battery safety than they are on the features of the mod. The mods that are getting attention are the unregulated removable battery mods, and I don't agree with THOSE hysterics any more than I agree with your demeaning rant. There are plenty of Man Mods on the market, and there is more than enough room for more, just as there is room for a nice all in one that may or may not live in a purse.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Well, I don't support your rant, but I will comment! This mod obviously isn't in the realm of anything you are interested in, but as a "bottom-tier ladies purse market" vaper, apparently, I think the hysterics over a small gaming feature on a mod are a little over the top. I honestly don't think 1 mod with a gaming mode is going to bring down the wrath of The Powers That Be. From what I have been seeing lately regarding the deeming regs, lawmakers are much more focused on battery safety than they are on the features of the mod. The mods that are getting attention are the unregulated removable battery mods, and I don't agree with THOSE hysterics any more than I agree with your demeaning rant. There are plenty of Man Mods on the market, and there is more than enough room for more, just as there is room for a nice all in one that may or may not live in a purse.
Battery safety in all devices including phones should be what they are focused on and not attempting to ban vaping. Anti-vaping Efforts are not just with the deeming regulations but at the state and local levels of government as well. They should be encouraging vaping as an alternative to smoking and not attempting to ban the availability of e-juice flavors other than tobacco flavors as has been proposed in many areas. We all know the many different motivations of the various groups banding together to either protect the waning cigarette market, replace lost tax revenue or fight for the right to tell others what to do and call it a quality of life issue. Make no mistake that they will use any excuse to achieve their goals.

Manufacturers and the community have to band together not to give them the talking points to use in their battle because each one gives them more ammunition. We can play games on any number of devices and I for one can live without the feature to avoid anything being pointed out about it.

I admit I went over the top on Joyetech. I did so on purpose because for the last 2 years I have been trying to get them to redesign the Evic VTC:
  • using the existing Evic VTC control panel, case, 510 & battery sled except with 2mm bullet atty sockets at the base of the sled and continue to sell it as a stand alone mod.
  • Design a 10ml+ Egrip Style tank module that would attach in place of the existing battery cover picking up its power from the sockets thereby creating a convertible mod w/ a replaceable 18650 and a 22mm atty base RBA w/ interchangeable decks that could be disassembled for cleaning away from the electronics. I proposed that chimneys could be removed and replaced & I proposed that Egrip modules could be licensed out allowing any atty manufacturer to incorporate their RBA/chimney into the system and build their own tank module. The result would have allowed different capacities and vape styles to be accommodated into one system only one of which might have been the Cubis style.
  • the concept could have been carried further by adding 2 more sockets allowing one to add a second parallel battery module to the Evic for extended battery life in its existing configuration.
  • carried even further a squonk module could have been set up to satisfy the squonker segment.
  • a vtr style low tank sbs module could also be adapted.
All these things together could have made a great all purpose modular system that many users would feel compelled to collect many if not all the pieces for or others could buy only the ones they wished. I felt this would generate broad based appeal and benefit not just Egrip user desiring an accurate functioning TC Egrip, but the entire community.

Their redesign of the Egrip which resulted in the VT was a mod that does not work well at all due to restricted airflow and fragile o rings. This new design is exciting in that it brings accurate TC upgrade ability, wire support TCRs and cubis is a design that wont leak and offers different airflows, but it is not a high capacity design by any means and offers an RBA that is very limited and designed to take a proprietary coil. Non replaceable battery kills long term use. This is the 5th redesign of egrip since it was introduced and we still can't get Joyetech to understand they need an 18650. It is frustrating because Joyetech easily has resources and product base to design a proper Egrip using techniques and parts already offered in other product lines they produce. There is a large segment of users who desire more though.

I did not mean to say that the ladies purse was the bottom of the market and Sorry if you took offense. I was trying to say a lower tier expectation of longevity and performance segment and a separate segment that does not want their device leaking into their purse. I was also trying to smack them around enough to get them to understand that this model can also be improved upon for a segment demanding customization of coils, battery life and capacity.

Last edited:
Reactions: cooladdict

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Really? That's what you got from that ad? I think he looks European, and maybe that's a hot office look in Europe. I like it! :)
I'm over 53 years old and was brought up in a different time. I never understood this need to accessorize by defacing your body with tats, earrings, studs, nickle sized holes in your ears or other. I always felt it was an indication of insecurity, need for attention, or just too much time on your hands in those who feel the need to do so. I always had too many more important responsibilities and things to take care of to waste time, dollars or energy on such pursuits.

Also where & when I grew up if you left the house looking like that you might not make it home alive. :eek: Sorry for the off color non PC attempt at humor by calling him a closet cross dresser. Where and when I grew up that would have been funny. I keep forgetting I'm supposed to tiptoe around and avoid saying things like that to keep from offending anyone these days, or maybe I'm just getting old enough not to worry about it anymore.

Again, I believe the ad would be just as effective without presenting the visual of the multiple earrings and tats subconsciously conveying to my generation and above and perpetuating a stereotype that all vapers are trend following fools doing themselves and others harm by doing so rather than people from all walks of life and ages honestly trying to improve their health by quitting the analogs the only way they can and finding a hobby and community they enjoy.

I can assure you that that is a stereotype that many of these activists and lawmakers have.

Last edited:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Battery safety in all devices including phones should be what they are focused on and not attempting to ban vaping. Anti-vaping Efforts are not just with the deeming regulations but at the state and local levels of government as well. They should be encouraging vaping as an alternative to smoking and not attempting to ban the availability of e-juice flavors other than tobacco flavors as has been proposed in many areas. We all know the many different motivations of the various groups banding together to either protect the waning cigarette market, replace lost tax revenue or fight for the right to tell others what to do and call it a quality of life issue. Make no mistake that they will use any excuse to achieve their goals.

Manufacturers and the community have to band together not to give them the talking points to use in their battle because each one gives them more ammunition. We can play games on any number of devices and I for one can live without the feature to avoid anything being pointed out about it.

I admit I went over the top on Joyetech. I did so on purpose because for the last 2 years I have been trying to get them to redesign the Evic VTC:
  • using the existing Evic VTC control panel, case, 510 & battery sled except with 2mm bullet atty sockets at the base of the sled and continue to sell it as a stand alone mod.
  • Design a 10ml+ Egrip Style tank module that would attach in place of the existing battery cover picking up its power from the sockets thereby creating a convertible mod w/ a replaceable 18650 and a 22mm atty base RBA w/ interchangeable decks that could be disassembled for cleaning away from the electronics. I proposed that chimneys could be removed and replaced & I proposed that Egrip modules could be licensed out allowing any atty manufacturer to incorporate their RBA/chimney into the system and build their own tank module. The result would have allowed different capacities and vape styles to be accommodated into one system only one of which might have been the Cubis style.
  • the concept could have been carried further by adding 2 more sockets allowing one to add a second parallel battery module to the Evic for extended battery life in its existing configuration.
  • carried even further a squonk module could have been set up to satisfy the squonker segment.
  • a vtr style low tank sbs module could also be adapted.
All these things together could have made a great all purpose modular system that many users would feel compelled to collect many if not all the pieces for or others could buy only the ones they wished. I felt this would generate broad based appeal and benefit not just Egrip user desiring an accurate functioning TC Egrip, but the entire community.

Their redesign of the Egrip which resulted in the VT was a mod that does not work well at all due to restricted airflow and fragile o rings. This new design is exciting in that it brings accurate TC upgrade ability, wire support TCRs and cubis is a design that wont leak and offers different airflows, but it is not a high capacity design by any means and offers an RBA that is very limited and designed to take a proprietary coil. Non replaceable battery kills long term use. This is the 5th redesign of egrip since it was introduced and we still can't get Joyetech to understand they need an 18650. It is frustrating because Joyetech easily has resources and product base to design a proper Egrip using techniques and parts already offered in other product lines they produce. There is a large segment of users who desire more though.

I did not mean to say that the ladies purse was the bottom of the market and Sorry if you took offense. I was trying to say a lower tier expectation of longevity and performance segment and a separate segment that does not want their device leaking into their purse. I was also trying to smack them around enough to get them to understand that this model can also be improved upon for a segment demanding customization of coils, battery life and capacity.

Thank you for explaining your motive, @Tpat591. I 100% agree that battery safety should be top priority with any electronic device! Just look at the hoverboard fiasco, and that product IS marketed to children!! Phones, tablets, mods, or any other battery-operated device can fail, but I am seeing a lot more dialogue about consumer battery awareness and safety in the vaping industry. That's a great thing! The marketing to children thing seems to be falling by the wayside a bit, though. Adults like bling, we play games, we like sweets, and we appreciate color. Some of us, anyway. :D

I think your re-design of the Evic sounds awesome! I would rock it. I didn't take offense so much to the purse-dwelling remark as I did to the "bottom-tier" part. I am 49 and have been vaping for 4.5 years. I have all kinds of mods in various configurations, regulated, non-regulated, TC, firmware upgradeable, replaceable and non-replaceable batteries... and I still get excited about a new design (or re-design) when it comes out.

I think I was just caught off guard when I came to this thread to hear some buzz about a new product and saw all of the negativity but nothing much about this particular device. I don't usually react when I read what other people think about a device because I know not everyone feels the same way about any one product, company, design, etc, because I believe we should all be able to express our opinions. Thank you very much for responding to MY rant! You didn't have to do that, but I am so glad you did. I definitely have a much better understanding of where your frustration is coming from, and I hope you get the results you are looking for. :)

Reactions: Tpat591

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I'm over 53 years old and was brought up in a different time. I never understood this need to accessorize by defacing your body with tats, earrings, studs, nickle sized holes in your ears or other. I always felt it was an indication of insecurity, need for attention, or just too much time on your hands in those who feel the need to do so. I always had too many more important responsibilities and things to take care of to waste time, dollars or energy on such pursuits.

Also where & when I grew up if you left the house looking like that you might not make it home alive. :eek: Sorry for the off color non PC attempt at humor by calling him a closet cross dresser. Where and when I grew up that would have been funny. I keep forgetting I'm supposed to tiptoe around and avoid saying things like that to keep from offending anyone these days, or maybe I'm just getting old enough not to worry about it anymore.

Again, I believe the ad would be just as effective without presenting the visual of the multiple earrings and tats subconsciously conveying to my generation and above and perpetuating a stereotype that all vapers are trend following fools doing themselves and others harm by doing so rather than people from all walks of life and ages honestly trying to improve their health by quitting the analogs the only way they can and finding a hobby and community they enjoy.

I can assure you that that is a stereotype that many of these activists and lawmakers have.

I don't think you need to tip-toe around anything. I honestly can't keep up with what is PC and what is not PC at any given moment, lol. I guess I just am not fazed by how people choose to express themselves. I was raised in the military, spent 6 years in Germany, spent my young adulthood living in Seattle and diversity is just part of my DNA. I never have understood why people feel the need to tear each other down just because they are "different."

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Anyone figured out the capacity difference between the two kits? If I am understanding this correctly the Special Kit one with the child proof cap provides 1.5m more capacity? I wonder if this due to coil displacement between 2 styles of coil or is there a difference between the mods? Im thinking it is the coils.

upload_2016-5-5_1-38-57.png
upload_2016-5-5_1-41-14.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread