Not open for further replies.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
2017-01-04-09_40_073962.jpg

Smart what they did here. Take what's good, add what's been left out or ignored.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Is there anyway to get an internal, operational breakdown of the Pico through a Mac? In a similar fashion to Arctic Fox I'd like to see the variants occurring during normal operations as I think something is off just recently.

Do you mean the Fox's Escribe-like Monitor?

I don't recall any of these installers and control apps being available for OS X, but there are a couple free or test drive options for running an older Win OS on your Mac. Might have been mentioned recently in this thread actually.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Smart what they did here. Take what's good, add what's been left out or ignored.
A pico knockoff. They added a big touch screen. I would think the device has too be thicker and more expensive. It doesn't interest me. If a DNA60 would fit in a pico I'd be very interested. The escribe research functions in a pico form factor would be hard to resist.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Houndstooth

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2016
Cape Ann, MA
Do you mean the Fox's Escribe-like Monitor?

I don't recall any of these installers and control apps being available for OS X, but there are a couple free or test drive options for running an older Win OS on your Mac. Might have been mentioned recently in this thread actually.

Not sure what I mean. I've access to a Windows 10+ machine now. I'd like to be able to investigate and verify the Pico is operating correctly. Internal performance metrics as it relates to a diagnostic in making sense of this:

Basic coil build / cool vape @ 37w

I'd just like to know step by step what I'm to install for this program I see referenced here. For example, I have NFirmwareEditor V6 and af-161224.bi downloaded. What am I missing?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Not sure what I mean. I've access to a Windows 10+ machine now. I'd like to be able to investigate and verify the Pico is operating correctly. Internal performance metrics as it relates to a diagnostic in making sense of this:

Basic coil build / cool vape @ 37w

I'd just like to know step by step what I'm to install for this program I see referenced here. For example, I have NFirmwareEditor V6 and af-161224.bi downloaded. What am I missing?
I didn't click that link but nfe toolbox (nfirmware editor 6.3) should do what you are wanting to do I think. If not, I am not aware of anything with more comprehensive diagnostics

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
Actually that has a built in non-replacable battery, no 18650s. Still is very Flasklike.

I thought that might be the case, but Smok didn't mention anything about battery capacity on their website (which is kind of odd) and I found at least one vendor who was claiming it was a 2-18650 mod. Too bad if it's a built-in. Where did you see the battery specs?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I thought that might be the case, but Smok didn't mention anything about battery capacity on their website (which is kind of odd) and I found at least one vendor who was claiming it was a 2-18650 mod. Too bad if it's a built-in. Where did you see the battery specs?

As you noted, first, no battery door. Second, the wattage. No way Smok would claim only 150W from 2 18650s. They already market their 2 battery mods as "220W", like they can really do that. Just like their Smok Engine will be a 4 battery 400W mod, while everyone else is being a bit more realistic in the 300-350W range (OK, realistic does seem a poor choice of words for a 350, let alone 400W mod).

Houndstooth

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2016
Cape Ann, MA
I didn't click that link but nfe toolbox (nfirmware editor 6.3) should do what you are wanting to do I think. If not, I am not aware of anything with more comprehensive diagnostics

Not sure how to launch it so hopefully someone will chime in. Uncertain if I should be loading it on to the Pico or what, but it's certainly not obvious to me.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Not sure how to launch it so hopefully someone will chime in. Uncertain if I should be loading it on to the Pico or what, but it's certainly not obvious to me.
FYI 6.4 is out now. If you unzipped the download there should be a ntoolbox.exe file in there to run that has a 'device monitor' button for analyzing your mod while vaping similar to escribe

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Fozzy, when I open that file a green bar loads then nothing. Should I be loading that into the Pico akin to loading Eleaf firmware upgrades - through Eleaf's interface with the Pico?
no idea, only used it once. I just launched the nftoolbox.exe then clicked the firmware updater to load the bin into one of my mods. I didn't care for the default TC modes and quickly reflashed my device with factory firmware. Hopefully one of the other guys can help more. never seen a green bar of any sort.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hoping they come out with the Pico Dual firmware. Love this thing cause I don't knock it over all the time on my work bench.
I got a Pico Mega for the exta battery time on days when i'll need that then discovered the wider base is also nice on a table. I still prefer the standard pico for out and about and work days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread