eVic-VT mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
SS430 TCR is 0.00138 correct?

How does that translate to the the VTC settings?

Yeah I saw that in the description on their site. I suspect alcohol was involved. o_O

Here's a TCR list for SS I snagged somewhere...

304 TCR in vaping range 1016×10-6
316 TCR in vaping range 880×10-6
316L TCR in vaping range 879×10-6
317L TCR in vaping range 940×10-6
430 TCR in vaping range 1380×10-6

seebo

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
CT,USA
Hope to hear a review from those that upgrade to the 3.0 before I try it.
wuss
Stainless steel TC works just fine with any positive pin. I've done it with the silver pins and the gold pins. There's no difference except for airflow using the 1 ohm head pins. I use either the gold or the normal .5 ohm pins to get more airflow, but they all work exactly the same for temp control. Have no fear.
thanks, that's what i wanted to know, so the gold is just for bling (but probably mostly so they can make them look different to charge more for them) ;-)

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
The TCR values in M1 / M2 / M3 are all set to 0120.

This NEW settings appear to be personal Temperature Control preference (option)
bypassing the Regular TC for SS / Ni/ TI.

Now SS TC preset shows as 316L taking away the ambiguity which was there before
(few forum entries in Joyetech by staff mentioned they tested and spec'd the device to SS 304).

Overall quite a welcome change with TCR availability in firmware.

seebo

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
CT,USA
does anyone know the length of the coil legs? don't have my coils yet and want to order some wire, trying to figure out what SS gauge i need for 0.9-1.0ohm coil with about 7 wraps with 2.5mm diameter.

proxy.php.jpg

Reactions: jmercury1

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
I haven't been on this thread in ages just because I was done with trying to fix the resistance issue with my wife's VTC mini. Now we use it in ni200 mode and use titanium and adjust 100f or so, it seems to keep resistance solid. Is this new tcr upgrade going to help this ohms dropping problem? If someone that has the issue could report back if they have the time that would be great.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
im still confused with all these coils.. will this rebuildable coil head work with TC if i install a SS or Ti coil? or do i specifically need the rebuildable with gold connector for TC? the gold one only seens to come in 0.5ohm with bigger air hole, i wanted the 1.0ohm rebuildable head because it as a smaller hole, which is better for Mouth to lung, but don't want to lose out on TC.

ego-one-clr-coil1.png
Those will work just fine.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
Anyone know the tcr# for Sweet Spot 0.5 Ti? Or where/how to get it. For the DNA200 I just uploaded the ssv file in Escribe. Thanx!!
sweet spot "specially formulated" ti is just regular old ti grade 2 wire that you paid premium dollars for. wire wizard has ti g2 listed at .003525.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Joyetech are way out in front with the FW upgrade game. From a Mac user perspective this is fantastic. An interesting strategy actually. Support a single, highly functional device with excellent and easy upgrades and they will buy more of them! I will certainly get another one now it has full TCR support. Nice job Joyetech!!!!

xiios

Nov 19, 2015
Tallinn, Estonia
Well... I have a SS316L dualcoil in TFV4 right now that is 0.32 ohms at room temp. With firmware 2.0 it used to fall to 0.30 after a while, so my workaround was to lock it at 0.31 and adjust wattage/temp accordingly -- after that it was stable. When I upgraded today, I locked at its true resistance (0.32) and half a day later it was still at it. Just to provoke things I heated the coil, locked at 0.34 instead and lowered wattage a bit (so it wouldn't burn). Vaped it a couple of times without noticing any changes. Then one time, when I woke it up, the resistance was displayed as 0.30. Aha, I thought, that was too much for you, wasn't it? However it vaped okay and displayed 0.34 again. So it seems to me that the main poblem has been addressed somehow... is that IT, can't say yet...

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Joyetech are way out in front with the FW upgrade game. From a Mac user perspective this is fantastic. An interesting strategy actually. Support a single, highly functional device with excellent and easy upgrades and they will buy more of them! I will certainly get another one now it has full TCR support. Nice job Joyetech!!!!

HD

Reactions: aldenf

xiios

Nov 19, 2015
Tallinn, Estonia
SS430 TCR is 0.00138 correct?
How does that translate to the the VTC settings?
A true TCR value like 0.00138 should be multiplied by 10^5 (100 000), which gives 138 for VTC.

304 TCR in vaping range 1016×10-6
316 TCR in vaping range 880×10-6
316L TCR in vaping range 879×10-6
317L TCR in vaping range 940×10-6
430 TCR in vaping range 1380×10-6
The Steam-engine Wire Wizard values in the form X*10^-6 should have X divided by 10, so 1380/10=138.

Reactions: Jim_ MDP

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA

They can do this very successfully without pushing to market a new, half-baked APV every six months. I think manufacturers are running out of new ideas without introducing an entirely new vaping technology. The VTC Mini chipset is ideal for perhaps 85% of vapers. It could also be integrated into a dual-18650 (parallel) or LiPo-based mod, for longevity and a consistent 75W. For $45ish, if the chipset has the life span of Provari's and the kinks a minority of users are experiencing are worked out, we have ourselves a stellar device. If a modder's version of the board was available for $15, options would be almost endless... :vapor:

xiios

Nov 19, 2015
Tallinn, Estonia
A couple of other things...
1) When I switch the device off and then display the FW version with 20 clicks of fire button, it shows "Beta 3.00".
2) Unfortunately they either didn't bother to fix or didn't understand the problem with the amp meter. It still shows atomizer amperage, not battery. That's a bit disappointing.

Reactions: gerrymi

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
does anyone know if the new TRON devices are shipping w/ the 3.0 software preinstalled? I've got one, but I haven't checked the software out just yet... Does the driver pop-up instantly with a USB uplink, revealing my current firmware model? hmm I'll check tonight. So far, so good. I LOVE this thing. One of my favorite devices of all time, thus far...

Reactions: ImThatGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread