Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Battery roulette. Like when I am super bored, I pull out my AR-15 chamber a round, pull back the charging handle, take off safety, then throw it in the air like a baton. Its exhilarating.
If you already had a round chambered, pulling back the charging handle would eject the unspent round no?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If you already had a round chambered, pulling back the charging handle would eject the unspent round no?

And that's why you should always police your own brass. Of course if you want to show off, you could catch the round in midair as it's ejected. Girls seem to love that.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
The guy in the video is using a blow torch to heat a battery that isn't made to withstand heat like the battery's we use for vaping. There's no realistic comparison to heating shrink tubing. The test that's performed in the secured oven is done at very high temperatures. Temps that are usually achieved after short circuiting the batterys for a prolonged period of time causing them to go into thermal breakdown...

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Reactions: iBloke

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Battery roulette. Like when I am super bored, I pull out my AR-15 chamber a round, pull back the charging handle, take off safety, then throw it in the air like a baton. Its exhilarating.
I was on the drill team in military school, we used nickel plated M1 carbines..

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
yeah, but difference is, lots of movement and the goal is to get the wrap to shrink and NOT to heat the battery at all.

If anything, using a blow-dryer generates a lot of unfocused heat (a heat gun even worse), which will heat the battery (overall) after a while (takes a good 10-20+ seconds of exposure for the wrap to start shrinking), as opposed to a second or two with a concentrated heat source which done right, the battery never gets hot at all.

A heat gun certainly doesn't take 10+ seconds to start shrinking the wrap. It's pretty much instantaneous. And as a larger area is heated and shrunk at the same time you need to apply heat for a shorter time.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
A heat gun certainly doesn't take 10+ seconds to start shrinking the wrap. It's pretty much instantaneous. And as a larger area is heated and shrunk at the same time you need to apply heat for a shorter time.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

That's my point: the 10-20 seconds is with blow-dryer. A heat gun is a lot faster, but it's still a lot of dispersed heat as it shots out a lot of hot air.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
I keep the battery in my hand the whole time im wraping it with the lighter and it dosnt even get hot...

I learned this technique in the 80's when i was laching my cigs with Coca-Cola. I never burnd the cig paper.....lol

Im almost 50 so that was a very long time ago. Now I dont burn the sleve and I feel so accomplished that the same techniques can be used to wrap batteries!!!..lol

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Lol.

I use a torch exclusively to wrap batteries and everything else I shrinkwrap.
Never even melted a wrap.

It all boils down to actually knowing how to use the tool properly before using it.

Now where have you heard that before?

Got me. This thread is the first I've heard of torching a wrap. But maybe I haven't paid enough attention to have heard it before.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread