• Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Tempting but with loads of diy nets on hand, it's hard to justify buying any. So cheap to make myself...

The odds are they're not discussed here is because we generally leave net talk to the net threads. The unofficial focus here is synthetics, even though I think most of us here do both.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
Real Extracts LLC Looks interesting and it is quite possible they have some great tobaccos. At a dollar per ml it seems a bit expensive. I've just made 50 ml of the Hangsen No 5 which I've been smoking every day for about a week. I have seen people that have put posts in about making there own tobacco extracts in the forum.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
Thanks to this thread I jumped into Hangsen a few months ago and am loving it. More recently I ordered SC Old Captain and INW am4a and Dark for Pipe. I was only able to let the SC OC steep a week before busting it open because of the aroma, and it's really, really good. But to me it tastes somewhat like HS Arabic (which I'm a fan of). I'm one of those that gets a cocoa-ish/coffee-ish flavor (rather than woodsy or cedar) from Arabic, and SC Old Captain is definitely similar.

I've got my first bottles of am4a and dark for pipe still steeping. The smell of am4a is a little perfumey after a week, but I'm still hopeful.

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
Thanks to this thread I jumped into Hangsen a few months ago and am loving it. More recently I ordered SC Old Captain and INW am4a and Dark for Pipe. I was only able to let the SC OC steep a week before busting it open because of the aroma, and it's really, really good. But to me it tastes somewhat like HS Arabic (which I'm a fan of). I'm one of those that gets a cocoa-ish/coffee-ish flavor (rather than woodsy or cedar) from Arabic, and SC Old Captain is definitely similar.

I've got my first bottles of am4a and dark for pipe still steeping. The smell of am4a is a little perfumey after a week, but I'm still hopeful.

Now I have to get some Hangsen Arabic lol

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA

I enjoy Dark For Pipe straight away. It does change a bit after steeping, but it's also great immediately after mixing.

yooperdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Marquette, MI
www.eyeflies.com
I just bought it recently but haven't mixed it yet. What % do you guys suggest? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the multiple posts. It kept saying I had to wait 28 seconds. Didn't know it was actually posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Uh oh - I read earlier the INWs need a long steep time. Going to have to bust out the D for P tonight!
Thats true of a lot of INW but many are good right away. Fresh D4P tastes heavy of rum, which fades with the steep. Like kingboomer, a long steep makes it very ashy for me. I like it fresh when i taste a lot of rum and oak.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Yeah. I may be a minority but I prefer Dark for Pipe as a shake n vape. Dont like it steeped at all, but fresh it is amazing
I've come to the same conclusion. D4P is better fresh. Some of the magic seems to fade with time.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread