Not open for further replies.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I am getting a nice pop out of my tobacco flavors by adding a tiny bit of Red Cola to the mix. Believe it or not, the two really go well together. 1% or less cola will do. You can barely taste it, and yet it gives the tobacco an earthy, robust flavor. Who knows, maybe I will start using it as a substitute for tobacco absolute. It certainly has more flavor than some of the TA's I have tried.

I've been thinking about that cola thing and can see it adding an interesting twist as far as mouth feel. I'm tempted to try it just for the fun of it... I don't think it would ever work for me as far as a substitute for TA.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I finally had a chance to try Inawera's S' Camel after three weeks of steeping, and I am getting a nice tart flavor. It reminds me of cranberries - a bit sweet and a bit sour. The tobacco is there, but not too prominent. Adding a few drops of DNB really gives it a nice boost. It definitely needs some steeping. The flavor reminds me of TFA's Double RY4 - minus the chemical taste of course. Don't know why they call that one an RY4; I taste no caramel and no vanilla in there (nor in S' Camel.)

I also tried Vanilla for pipe, and that one is not for me. I could tell from the very first draw that it is an artificial flavor.

Reactions: Dixie1954

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I find them good at first but they get tiring very quickly for me.

While it is good, I can also see it getting old quickly. I added a couple drops of INW dark tobacco to a fresh batch and it emboldened the honey flavor of course. Was hoping it would of enhanced the tobacco flavor. The flavor I am getting now with the DT added is very reminiscent to a Benedictine Liquor.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I 2nd the adding cola to my Hangsen tobacs. I mix my colas together 5% red and 2.5% blue then add the blend to a 5% Highway. 65% highway to 35% cola blend makes a mighty fine vape. I made myself a magnetic mixer and it works great for my 100ml mixing needs. I bought my stirbars out of ebay china. A 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4 inch work the best, be sure they are the smooth ones since I bought a couple 1 inch with a rib in the middle and it doesn't work as well. I can drop the 3/8 into a 5 or 10ml jug and it mixes nicely. I recommend building a magnetic mixer, they are simple to make with basic soldering and buy a computer fan regulator rather than a potentiometer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
They aren't as sweet as you think, yes they are sweet but not overpowering. From what I understand the red cola is more coke based and the blue is pepsi. I would say they both have the same sweetness, also I was able to get the red in 50mls and blue only in 10ml so I am a bit more frugal with the blue. As standalones their OK but mixed with a tobac the colas really shine.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
They aren't as sweet as you think, yes they are sweet but not overpowering. From what I understand the red cola is more coke based and the blue is pepsi. I would say they both have the same sweetness, also I was able to get the red in 50mls and blue only in 10ml so I am a bit more frugal with the blue. As standalones their OK but mixed with a tobac the colas really shine.

I tried a few Hangsen Cola's and wasnt impressed. The DrP was sorta kinda but not.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
I'm not a big tobacco fan, but here's what I make for my wife's grandma
Screenshot_2015-08-25-21-39-58_zpswnzba22m.png

pretty simple, but she won't vape anything else. I've tried giving her 3 or 4 other tobacco recipes (without telling her) and she says they're nasty.

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
I 2nd the adding cola to my Hangsen tobacs. I mix my colas together 5% red and 2.5% blue then add the blend to a 5% Highway. 65% highway to 35% cola blend makes a mighty fine vape. I made myself a magnetic mixer and it works great for my 100ml mixing needs. I bought my stirbars out of ebay china. A 3/8, 1/2 and 3/4 inch work the best, be sure they are the smooth ones since I bought a couple 1 inch with a rib in the middle and it doesn't work as well. I can drop the 3/8 into a 5 or 10ml jug and it mixes nicely. I recommend building a magnetic mixer, they are simple to make with basic soldering and buy a computer fan regulator rather than a potentiometer
7c94228eb0c9e510dc842dd63259915c.jpg

Or buy a Hanna Instruments Magnetic Mixer for $86. I have a DIY, but don't need it anymore, my friend gave me his Hanna! Love mixing with these because you can drop flavor in while mixing and sample all while mixing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
I'm not a big tobacco fan, but here's what I make for my wife's grandma
Screenshot_2015-08-25-21-39-58_zpswnzba22m.png

pretty simple, but she won't vape anything else. I've tried giving her 3 or 4 other tobacco recipes (without telling her) and she says they're nasty.
What app is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
After several blurry takes I got a somesorta not too bad video of my magnetic mixer in action. Its mixing 100mls of 6% Hangsen Highway that I built on Aug 10, I just added the my 12nic today so its going to mix for a hour then sit another week before I enjoy the vape. Thats a 3/4 inch stirbar in the distorted view and running at half speed or the contour of the bottom of the bottle will shoot the stirbar out of sync. All my Hangsen tobacs are that golden almost morning pizz yellow. Watching the bubbles move around the jar is mesmerizing and if you forget about it running and leave it mixing for umpteen hours you can mix it till there is no bubbles left at all.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I don't care much for fruits in my tobaccos but many have added a touch of prune to tobacco which gives the tobacco an almost raisney top note which I like. Maybe a little cherry and honey with a tiny pinch of cinnimon for that traditional cherry pipe vape or a little (Very little) lemon to add a little zest to a dryer tobacco. Maybe experiment with some inawera honey to create a nice honey tobacco. A little walnut or hazel nut are a good change over the traditional 555 peanut type of vapes made with AP. Some are even adding a cola top note to give the vape that fizzy chocolate edge. Try a little vanilla, cream and caramel for that RY4 type vape which would also be good combined with a nutty vape. There are so many possibilities only limited by your imagination.

Last edited:

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
I don't care much for fruits in my tobaccos but many have added a touch of prune to tobacco which gives the tobacco an almost raisney top note which I like. Maybe a little cherry and honey with a tiny pinch of cinnimon for that traditional cherry pipe vape or a little (Very little) lemon to add a little zest to a dryer tobacco. Maybe experiment with some inawera honey to create a nice honey tobacco. A little walnut or hazel nut are a good change over the traditional 555 peanut type of vapes made with AP. Some are even adding a cola top note to give the vape that fizzy chocolate edge. Try a little vanilla, cream and caramel for that RY4 type vape which would also be good combined with a nutty vape. There are so many possibilities only limited by your imagination.

Well I got my new favors (TFA) yesterday and when crazy and mixed strawberry, banana, apple, cinnamon danish, vanilla custard, and cheesecake (graham cracker crust)...then I took that and mixed it with my VZ black cigar 50/50. What an interesting vape man! It was sooooo thick. Definitely going to tone it back, just wanted to try them all out at once ;).

I believe once Black Fire, MTS, and DNB, I'll be set for a few years lol.

I did make a lemon / chocolate / black cigar mix that was damn good. the lemon definitely helps dry favors. Gold Ducat is all the honey I need and it also seems to add a really good, thick throat feel.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I finally had a chance to try Inawera's S' Camel after three weeks of steeping, and I am getting a nice tart flavor. It reminds me of cranberries - a bit sweet and a bit sour. The tobacco is there, but not too prominent. Adding a few drops of DNB really gives it a nice boost. It definitely needs some steeping. The flavor reminds me of TFA's Double RY4 - minus the chemical taste of course. Don't know why they call that one an RY4; I taste no caramel and no vanilla in there (nor in S' Camel.)

I also tried Vanilla for pipe, and that one is not for me. I could tell from the very first draw that it is an artificial flavor.

I just got done making a 120ml bottle of s-camel for one of my regulars when I read your post

s-camel 3%
DNB 3%
Virginia TA 2%
Sweetener 1%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread