Forum issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Go to the forum in question. At the top of the page, "Unwatch" the forum, then reset your preferences by watching again.

Well that works but I have other forums I watch that don't give me alerts every time there is a new post. I just wanted to shut off the alerts not really unwatch the forum but if that's the only way....

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Okay - I don't know if anyone else is having them same issue, however for quite some time now when I open up a thread on the "Watched Thread List" it does not open on the next new post since I last visited the thread . . . If I go back to the last post I read or one that I have left last time I was on the thread, I can see a number of new post that have been posted that I missed . . .

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Okay - I don't know if anyone else is having them same issue, however for quite some time now when I open up a thread on the "Watched Thread List" it does not open on the next new post since I last visited the thread . . . If I go back to the last post I read or one that I have left last time I was on the thread, I can see a number of new post that have been posted that I missed . . .
Same thing is happening to me, especially when I am replying to a thread and I go into the More Options and it takes me to that more options page, if there are a lot of post posted while I am using that page it seems to get real screwy :(

Reactions: Uncle

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Same thing is happening to me, especially when I am replying to a thread and I go into the More Options and it takes me to that more options page, if there are a lot of post posted while I am using that page it seems to get real screwy :(
@Uncle and @FringeChief68 I have been having this same issue but thought it was just me or my so called smart phone

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
thought it was just me or my so called smart phone

Probably what a lot of people are thinking too, given what I've read on a few threads . . . OH and it seems that it is not just "Your" smart phone either - not only does it happen on other peoples equipment - it happens on the "Dumb-Phone", Tablet, & Computers I have access to too . . . ;)

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
Probably what a lot of people are thinking too, given what I've read on a few threads . . . OH and it seems that it is not just "Your" smart phone either - not only does it happen on other peoples equipment - it happens on the "Dumb-Phone", Tablet, & Computers I have access to too . . . ;)
just had it happen on my laptop...haven't been on it while traveling so I hadn't noticed. fired it up and sure enough the ghost post issue happened as soon as I tried to catch up on another thread I lurk on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread