Geekvape Mech Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
I'm slap happy today....worked from 5:00am-6:00pm yesterday, then got called out at 2:00am and havent been to bed yet, cause I wanna sleep tonight. my wife is annoyed with me, so I figured I'd annoy people on the internet instead. (you can't divorce me and take half my stuff.)

:p

but back on topic, my mech pro came today! won't get a chance to break it down till tonight though. I'll try and get some pictures. any requests from anyone?
Not annoying at all.
Fire button, the spring loaded negatives, and the screw pounts.

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
Well you won't get any broken down pics from me (until after summer break starts at least) but I received mine yesterday. Threw a quick build on it to see if I'd have problems with the button and experienced no problems. There's no wobble or anything for the button so I'm not sure why YouTube reviewers are saying to press firmly as both a light press and hard press make the same amount of connection and performance.

But yeah it works perfectly fine for me at the moment.

Loktunama

May 5, 2017
Alright so here's an update on my hot button mech pro. I now have two of them. The silver one still hit buttons like a mother, the button wobbles and there's an ever changing 'sweet spot' for where to press it. The red one? Well that lil guy hits about 50% harder, has about a 100% less ramp up time for the coil and the rda gets hot way before the button gets warm. So I'm just going to assume the silver one has something slightly wrong with it. I'm going to take them apart side by side and see what the difference is but I didn't notice anything glaringly different when I took the red one apart yesterday

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Mine developed an intermittent fire issue. I contacted the seller, they'll send a replacement. Once it arrives I'll tear down #1 and see what tweak is needed. It might take adding a little support behind the angled piece of metal that the firing button closes the contact to; a tiny sliver of plastic between that piece and the black plastic that it rests on would likely take up the little gap that I can see.

Loktunama

May 5, 2017
I think I might have figured out my issue. On the silver one the squigly piece that goes through the button and connects to the 510 slid right out. On the red one it took a lot of wiggling to the point I had to really pull. There is a tiny screw in bottom side of the fire button that fastened that piece as it runs through the button and none of my wrenches are that small. I got the smallest torx they had at the hardware store for the other screws and to be honest it's so small I don't even know if it's hex or torx. I'll swipe an Allen pack from work tonight and see if any of those will get in there otherwise it's up to Amazon. I'm thinking if that screw is loose that could be causing arcing literally inside the button itself? Otherwise you can clearly see if you press the button anywhere but dead center the contact will shift to the opposite side and even while pressed firmly all the way down if your finger shifts on the button it shifts where it contacts and if you wiggle while firing it heats up super quick. Maybe it's because this is my first mech with a copper button and I'm just overreacting but it just feels like it's half a step from working correct and it's going to bug me till it's working flawlessly for me

Reactions: markfm

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
well, after finally getting an opportunity to break her down (REALLY busy at work), i can't. i don't have a bit small enough....T7 is the smallest I got...

anyone know the sizes? I'll pick some up tomorrow.

once I have time and tools, I'll do a little review, but I will say one thing....this is beefy son of a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread