Geekvape Mech Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kids-at-711

Apr 23, 2017
My hot button issue started after a week and a half of daily driving it. I still havent had a chance to take mine apart, need to get down and buy some small enough torx keys.

Also, both battery connections are spring loaded, if you have one that isnt I would try to exchange it out, both of my batteries fit as snug as can be, actually kinda touch to get them in and out at times.

Loktunama

May 5, 2017
if the button got hot with a .27 build, why did throw a .13 build on there, expecting different results? lol.

let us know how it looks when you've taken it apart and clean it. sounds like either bad QC or dirty, either way it's kinda sad. Geek vape has been coming out with some nice stuff lately.

- I just wanted to try something different on it. Wasn't expecting a different result was just checking it

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
- I just wanted to try something different on it. Wasn't expecting a different result was just checking it

cool. let us know if you get a chance to take it apart and clean it. and if that improves it.

oh, and welcome to the forum!!! glad to have you here.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Alright so I'm totally new to this forum and I completely took my mech pro apart and took pictures on my phone but it won't let me upload them because the files are too big. I must be missing something
Resize them to under 1mb and they should work :)

How many posts do you have?

Loktunama

May 5, 2017
Resize them to under 1mb and they should work :)

How many posts do you have?

-just the posts in this thread lol. Need a size T6 torx but am happy to say since the clean it's hitting nicely and looks nice to see the button shiny for the first time. The part of the switch that hits the plate isn't completely flat and there were some burrs in the slit in the middle of it. Still getting hit button just taking a few hits for it to happen instead of immediately

Loktunama

May 5, 2017
This was how it came

Attachments

• 20170505_171313.jpg
    20170505_171313.jpg
    931.3 KB · Views: 279
  • 20170505_171559.jpg
    20170505_171559.jpg
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 20170505_171715.jpg
    20170505_171715.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 279
  • 20170505_171848.jpg
    20170505_171848.jpg
    758.4 KB · Views: 277

Loktunama

May 5, 2017
Damn, that was nasty.
Quick question, how long have you been using mechs?

- I usually don't. Tried a tube mech but it hurt my hand I just wasn't a fan of the tube and bottom switch. Then I tried a snowman and the hard edges cut into the web of my thumb so I stopped using that. Used my cricket daily for about six months but then I've been off mechs for awhile, but this thing is sexy with the limitless 24 rda on it not gonna lie

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
- I usually don't. Tried a tube mech but it hurt my hand I just wasn't a fan of the tube and bottom switch. Then I tried a snowman and the hard edges cut into the web of my thumb so I stopped using that. Used my cricket daily for about six months but then I've been off mechs for awhile, but this thing is sexy with the limitless 24 rda on it not gonna lie
Just being nosy is all. Most mech mods need a thorough cleaning before use.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Just being nosy is all. Most mech mods need a thorough cleaning before use.
I was fortunate, did a quick look but mine was clean on arrival.

This beastie is just awesome with the Av24 and twisted 27 (yes 27) 5 wrap 0.57 ohm kanthal coil. Exactly the power and warmth I want, batteries are still running strong at 15ml consumed.

On photos, Tapatalk will automatically resize. (I use that app all the time, customize the signature to None.)

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
This. I've not really heard of folks not breaking down to see the innards before using. That's what got my goose.

Thanks for the photos @Loktunama!

Yup.
I gut them all down to pieces straight out of the box.
That way I know how they are built and can troubleshoot problems efficiently.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
This. I've not really heard of folks not breaking down to see the innards before using. That's what got my goose.

Thanks for the photos @Loktunama!
Every Mech you get you need to fully break down to inspect and clean.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
I'm slap happy today....worked from 5:00am-6:00pm yesterday, then got called out at 2:00am and havent been to bed yet, cause I wanna sleep tonight. my wife is annoyed with me, so I figured I'd annoy people on the internet instead. (you can't divorce me and take half my stuff.)

:p

but back on topic, my mech pro came today! won't get a chance to break it down till tonight though. I'll try and get some pictures. any requests from anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread