[CLOSED] GLASSMANOAK’s THE VAPE TREE - Discounts, Promotions, Updates, and Home Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Actually I found another issue and I am not sure what to do with it........the battery(I finally took it out so see what's up) wasn't charging right and I was thinking it was my charger....the top pin is not centered and if I set it down too hard when I went to use it again it was asking "new coil?"....It wasn't making contact....but I think I got it closed right and tight now....so I hope no more issues....these large batteries scare me....

Last edited:
Reactions: KatzWh1skers

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Actually I found another issue and I am not sure what to do with it........the battery(I finally took it out so see what's up) wasn't charging right and I was thinking it was my charger....the top pin is not centered and if I set it down too hard when I went to use it again it was asking "new coil?"....It wasn't making contact....but I think I got it closed right and tight now....so I hope no more issues....these large batteries scare me....

No need to be scared of the batteries. Any battery (even AAA) can cause problems if treated improperly. Don't bang or beat them, keep away from excessive heat, use a reliable charger and other basic things. Same types of batteries are in laptops and folks don't freak about them. I've read about more cell phones burning up than vape stuff. 99% of the problems come from users doing something to cause the problem. I'm more concerned about messing up when working around the car or bike battery than I am with the mod batts.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would believe that if I didn't experience it for myself.........my first modbox I had 2 batteries(1 spare) and before the first month was through one was hot,wet and sticky(yes I know what that sounds like)...just from carrying it in a case to go out(15 mins max).... then there was the eGo batteries I started with.....it didn't have enough power to fire....... when I tried to charge it(with the eGo charger) the light would blink (as if it were done)...I even took it back to the shop and it did it for the clerk...he was going to replace it and instead I got more juice and made my own puck mod....
Oh and I have this thing about draining batteries without using them.....My cell phone would die after a month of use when I used it daily.....and the tablet I got last year is almost unusable as it will not hold a full charge anymore(it's only good for about 1 1/2 hours anymore).....the only reason the laptop still works is because I keep it plugged in all the time...I suck the charge out of things....
Now I know that there have been improvements made in the last couple years.....but 4 "aaa" is not as powerful and won't do as much damage as 1-18650............I am just being over cautious........I know this....and I don't think that's a bad thing......

Last edited:

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La

A FAVOR PLEASE !!

I would like to receive everyone's email address for a mailing list and possible SALE !

1.Please send an email to thevapetree@gmail.com with the subject as LIST

2. I would like to have your ECF name and your real name as well, but that is NOT necessary.

I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP GETTING THE WORD OUT !!
.​
THANKS,
Sherman

OR, SIMPLY GO TO UR WEBSITE AND SIGNUP THERE !!

Last edited:

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
:tumble:9/30*1
A FAVOR PLEASE !!

I would like to receive everyone's email address for a mailing list and possible SALE !

1.Please send an email to thevapetree@gmail.com with the subject as LIST

2. I would like to have your ECF name and your real name as well, but that is NOT necessary.

I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP GETTING THE WORD OUT !!
.​
THANKS,
Sherman

OR, SIMPLY GO TO UR WEBSITE AND SIGNUP THERE !!

done and done!

I hope everyone has been well...I haven't really been online the last couple days...no real reason just nothing to say...

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
@mac63 ...Well..you've come to the right place! I'm sure there are TONS of ECF folks here from the Indy area.
I lived and worked in the Indy area for around 5 years...I still have friends there ..and as it's only about 3 hours from my Ma's house in Ohio. I was last there this past July for a few days on business...And I passed a Vape Shop on my way to the movie theater...didn't get a chance to stop in. If you have any particular questions feel free to PM me. I can tell you that many folks, including me when I lived there...commuted in to work in Indy proper from the surrounding residential suburbs (Greenwood/Whiteland/New Whiteland/Franklin is a College Town ..good schools) that have sprung up out of the corn fields and farm land. Where I lived didn't really have a "downtown"..it was mainly a residential area ..complete with strip malls and gas stations,etc...and everybody there worked in Indy, mostly. It was only about a half hour commute into the City. Indianapolis itself is fairly liberal politically...but just like here in Nevada...the bigger cities are more liberal but the majority of rural, smaller outlying areas are still very conservative.
Oki it is not...and I am sorry you are being forced to move...That is actually how I ended up in Oki for several months..and the same way I was then transferred to Mainland from Oki...Military routinely fills it's needs that way...And I am glad you got to stay for as long as you did. And I hope you get to return soon...Hopefully it will not be an "unaccompanied tour of duty" :( .

AND - If I remember correctly - Doesn't "Wifey" live there with Ya' and is a citizen too . . .
Headscratchingpoog.gif

Yep, ya remembered correctly - she's here and a citizen. Right now the plan is that she'll stay here - so the stateside tour will be unaccompanied. One son will also be staying here and the other leaves for the Air Force in mid December.

Going to Indianapolis is just a possibility at this time - those in charge there want me and for me it's one of the lesser evils compared to other possibilities. The way government and the placement system works a lot of things have to fall in place and no telling how they could screw it up.

If I go there the place I'd be working in is right in the center of downtown. From the little info I have so far, rent to the north is higher and areas to the east and west of the city aren't good places. So that leaves south.

Trying to do some planning for it but right now a lot if it is just having to deal with it as it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread