(GLYCEROL BP LIQUID) SAFE TO VAPE NZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayy Sin

Sep 25, 2017
Hey I went to my local pharmacy and asked if they stocked Vegetable glycerin and the lady asked me how to spell it obviously she knew nothing about it but I was told that they stocked Glycerol BP liquid which as iv been told Glycerin, Glycerol are all the same thing as usually they are %100 Vegetable glycerin under a different name, Because its a pharmacy and not a health supplements store, i'm sure it is %100 VG but am not sure how safe it is to vape. I'm starting to make my own juice using water instead of PG to thin out the juice to vape. I dont have the time to wait for shipments of VG as its much more expensive to order, I just want to know if i will be safe smoking this?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey I went to my local pharmacy and asked if they stocked Vegetable glycerin and the lady asked me how to spell it obviously she knew nothing about it but I was told that they stocked Glycerol BP liquid which as iv been told Glycerin, Glycerol are all the same thing as usually they are %100 Vegetable glycerin under a different name, Because its a pharmacy and not a health supplements store, i'm sure it is %100 VG but am not sure how safe it is to vape. I'm starting to make my own juice using water instead of PG to thin out the juice to vape. I dont have the time to wait for shipments of VG as its much more expensive to order, I just want to know if i will be safe smoking this?

Hi and welcome,
It should be fine.
Smell it and taste it before making a mix.
I have had pharmacy VG that carried a soapy/perfume odour/flavour from other products in the store.
Where are you located?

Cheers
I

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Please try to match or better the USP purity.
Learn Chemical Grade Definitions from Highest to Lowest Purity
Please do not use "water" instead of PG. 5% distilled water is sometimes used to thin VG.
Might like to read the following compilations:
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
http://www.thevaperstable.com/diy/
http://www.ejuicemakers.com/help/
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
A Beginner's Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes by Scottes777 • r/electronic_cigarette
What you need to know as as far as supplies and safety for the first time juicer. | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: stols001

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Glycerol is another name for glycerin (also spelled glycerine). "Vegetable" glycerin(e) is, as the name implies, derived from plant material but, regardless of the source, it's all the same "glycerol" molecule in the bottle.

BP stands for British Pharmacopeia, akin to the "USP" label on American products, both often referred to as "pharmaceutical grade." The BP or USP designation on a product indicates that it meets certain (very high) standards of purity, suitable for use by humans in foods, medicines, and cosmetics. Only "reagent" grade chemicals have a higher standard of purity than USP/BP's "pharmaceutical" grade.

In short: Yes, that's what the rest of us use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread