Status
Not open for further replies.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
This forum sucks [emoji23] [emoji23] VU people are so much nicer . no one is getting banned for stupid stuff
everyone has to find their own path, brother - have been to VU and still prefer, hands down, ECF... hope you can find what you are looking for - good luck and vape on.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
I think you might be one of the only nice people here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk
actually, there really are a lot of VERY decent, helpful folks here, if you give em a chance - any online community is going to have its share of elitist, know-it-all types - and obnoxious condescending types... and crazy cat lady types... lol - etcetera... but, personally, i have found this community to be excellent overall - if i run across some of the odious 'types' i just keep on trucking - just because someone invites me to an argument on the interwebs doesn't mean i have to accept the invitation (and, i have a couple folks who just tended to annoy the everlovin' snot out of me on ignore... it works :) )

something to keep in mind, for what it is worth, is that a lot of old school vapers can get abrasively territorial about 'protecting vaper's rights' - there IS indeed a war going on RIGHT NOW, politically, over vaping... and some of em get their knickers in a twist over younger folks (anyone under 30?) who are big into 'clouds, bruh'... i'm a middle of the road guy - I do everything I can to advocate, support and protect vaping - including the public perceptions of vaping - as a smoking cessation/ harm reduction venue - but I do try to keep in mind that smokers come from all age groups, all walks of life and that - ultimately - we are all in this together... I try to exercise common courtesy - and if someone is being overly abrasive, I can try to mitigate it - but i have found it is far more effective to try to find common ground than to try to tell everyone else they are doing it wrong, lol

bottom line - stay safe (understand your gear, your batteries, your coils and what you are doing - NO ONE wants you to get hurt, nor does vaping as a whole need any more black eyes because of headlines reading "e cigarette blows face off dood - film at eleven!") and be part of the difference you want to see in others :)

vape on, brother

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm a member of VU and often visit there for additional information on products. Unfortunately, I don't often find what I'm looking for. I vape more moderately than what is currently posted about. There are nice people and trolls on all forums. You get what you give.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Actually you have it backwards , VU sucks and this forum rocks . I was a member at VU since it started and quickly realized it was just a bunch of ...... who can't find anything better to do than bash this forum.

I told the owner of that forum many times that he should concern himself with his forum and not be so preoccupied with what ECF is doing .

VU was OK at the very beginning but now it's just a complete joke.

This forum has much much better information and archives than VU will ever have , it's not even close.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Actually you have it backwards , VU sucks and this forum rocks . I was a member at VU since it started and quickly realized it was just a bunch of ...... who can't find anything better to do than bash this forum.

I told the owner of that forum many times that he should concern himself with his forum and not be so preoccupied with what ECF is doing .

VU was OK at the very beginning but now it's just a complete joke.

I've been a member from the beginning too. As I said, there are some cool people there, but I wonder how much content would be left if the ECF bashing stopped.

Reactions: Foggy Road

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I've been a member from the beginning too. As I said, there are some cool people there, but I wonder how much content would be left if the ECF bashing stopped.

The over the top non stop ECF bashing convinced me that the place was just full of children and not mature adults. Anybody or thing that is that obsessed with what another competing forum is doing where all they do is criticize is just something that is not worth being a part of .

I jumped ship and never visited the site again and my sanity came back as well , ridiculous.

Reactions: Katmar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread