Good Day everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bood

Sep 16, 2017
I'm new here , coming from a simple e-cig , and looking info into a mech mod ( which I'm prone to buy and build soon ).

short story , I had a chance to buy some used mechs from friends , I didn't buy them for some reasons and only lately I became interested and started researching ( just smoked both cig and e-cig before now , and didnt have great time before to make me a culture on )

I will look into a steel / straight looking mech and and an easy build good value atom .

I might have some question before buying.
yI know the ohm laws and how to apply them ; I will start with from scratch so a very fresh build , 0.5 ohm or so to begin with

I've 1 order for 2x Sony vtc5 batteries as I couldn't find a deal for a vtc4 , I guess I'm ok with them ..saw the video of a Sony vtc battery exploding ( more of a burning off) not that was reassuring but someone told me this is the best thing that can happen in "extremes" situations.
Don't know very much about LG batteries might do some research into them too.

Will post advice(s) request on it soon!
nice to be here

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome bood, ask away. Just know there is a lot to learn before trying a mech mod as far as general safety, Ohms law, and battery safety, as you will be doing away with the protections of a regulated mod. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, and I don't use mechs so I'm probably not helpful. There is a mech mod forum you could go to in order to start learning about them, and I'm sure someone will more experience with that type of mod will be along soon.

Welcome to ECF! Glad you are doing your research!

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
heh. I thought I was posting here and posted on that thread instead. pen to mech is a big jump. What makes you feel you specifically want a mech? I personally cant tell the difference between a mech and a regulated mod vape quality wise when using the same atty, though some reportedly can.

bood

Sep 16, 2017
definitely a nice change ( or big jump if you prefer )

I agree

it is for many reasons definitely .

The first thing , is that I like it . I like the mechs . The form factor , the aestethics , and the personalization .

I think that's the reasons many people are into it .
I like to choose among so many designs .

I also liked a lot to see live the process ( of building up )

Did I say I don't like a display on my cigarette , I don't like very much plastics , and a box from factor .

Main reason could be solved into what I like better .
Sure I like safety
I have some -basic- bases as electrician - not that big culture ..did it with my father when I was young for years .
While I definitely see the risks involved into operating an un-protected circuit , I also see that there are ways to stay away from them or completely avoid them ; the right battery is one among them

bood

Sep 16, 2017
many people
I intended that "many" in relation to the risk associated , the basics and practical knwoledge involved into , the time and dedication to put it ( the build etc ) , facts for I should have expected that the great majority of vapers use e-cig ; but eventually some of them - not youngers only - prefer the mech

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Welcome to ecf :)
And btw regulated mods come in various shapes and sizes including different materials. For example i've got right here an aspire nx75 mod that's pretty much made of metal,sure it has a boxy design but it's cute and small,hides nicely into my hands and provides the same experience you could get out of a mech.I too think it's a big jump you're doing but if you do the appropriate research,i don't know why you couldn't go for it :)

bood

Sep 16, 2017
thanks! it's good to read your advice,
definitely

I figure that I will probably change idea during my vaping explorations , in the future ., at the moment I'm hooked into having a mech ( of course sure a safe mod, build and all ) .
I'm ok with safety first but I'm not very much horror-afraid about the experience .. I guess you avoid carefully the main missteps , from beginning .

about the aspire nx and many other box set I really dislike the form factor at the moment .. could go for something like a custom classic / coppervape- very straight plain metal thing
but it's again a box

don't know may be I will change my mind about form factor and materials later

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
thanks! it's good to read your advice,
definitely

I figure that I will probably change idea during my vaping explorations , in the future ., at the moment I'm hooked into having a mech ( of course sure a safe mod, build and all ) .
I'm ok with safety first but I'm not very much horror-afraid about the experience .. I guess you avoid carefully the main missteps , from beginning .

about the aspire nx and many other box set I really dislike the form factor at the moment .. could go for something like a custom classic / coppervape- very straight plain metal thing
but it's again a box

don't know may be I will change my mind about form factor and materials later
Well like i said regulated comes in all shapes and size (i for one like the rounder shape of my predator 228 and the heft of 2 batteries),at the end of the day though it's what makes vaping so much fun : ie having different gear for everyone and everyone's liking. You don't have to like regulated mods if you don't want to,but all i'm gonna say is NEVER EVER use a sub 0hm tank on a mech mods those 2 aren't really made to be used together, mech mods are mostly made to be used with an rba (i guess an rta or rdta could work too), the point of a mech is using it with a custom built atomiser that works with the voltage the mech produces. And btw don't worry about the "horror" stories you heard about the explosions those were taken out of proportion by medias and aren't really something you see often at all,in fact most of these were caused by someone who didn't know what they were doing (i've seen an analasis of one and turns out the guy was using a mech with a triton tank i think? which is clearly not made for that type of usage).

bood

Sep 16, 2017
@qc vaper
absolutely , thanks for the advice..

why you think I would be using a sub ohm tank on a mech ?
I will use what everybody uses ( goon kennedy & co - desinged for rebuildable homemade coils..)

ps never crossed my mind to use a sub ohm tank ( a tfv8 ? or similar ) on a mech

Last edited:

bood

Sep 16, 2017
one thing I want to add..that I never thought about until lately..

Ive found that, from the youngsters to the olders to the pro", reviewers , atomizers , tools and mech designers ..
the whole of the vaping world is kind of an exhilarating to me.. I mean it , in a very good way ....
I still have to realize how and why the things -apart from inhaling nicotina- that makes vaping what it is , that is the cloud and the taste of the flavor , have developed so fast a so -pretty incredible- amount and variety of names , brands , concepts , art and more generally speaking interest .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread