Good morning everybody . I'm new and researching ,first mech / build......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Just bagged me one of these…

blackdragon.jpg

Black Dragon Engraved Ruby 270 - Kennedy Enterprises

Thanks to Steve's kind attention, it's OTW.

Good luck. :)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
told you you trust me this setup is nearly maxed..gotta say that this hybrid mod has his virtues ( ie minimize voltage drops )
btw its same mech, same double coils (ss spaced 8 wraps 0.25 build ), same battery and some juice mix ( which is 85% VG if not more ),

I do, I do…trust you. I'm patient. And I got my hands full.
Enjoy the vape and the holiday.

bood

Sep 16, 2017
black badass and quite classy mod
very nice

before the update ( hopefully coming before end of the year :eek: ) just wanted to notice you about the dry feeling I mentioned here and there about my setup ,that changin the driptip from metal wide bore-short , to ultem wide bore and lil bit longer, changes also the softness of the vape.. o_Othe ultem driptip get warmer too ( absorbs heat?..so vape get softer? who knows)

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
very nice

before the update ( hoepfully coming before end of the year :eek: ) just wanted to notice you about the dry feeling I mentioned here and there about my setup ,that changin the driptip from metal wide bore-short , to ultem wide bore and lil bit longer, changes also the softness of the vape.. o_Othe ultem driptip get warmer too ( absorbs heat?..so vape get softer? who knows)

Been eyeing it for a while and couldn't miss out on Kennedy's excellent discount this Season. It may continue through the holidays for those interested in their fine gear. I've already picked up a few items missing from my collection.

As to density, I play the WBDT's like an instrument. Cover about half of the DT's Ø increasing velocity and limiting air volume as the coil's still cool ramping up to temp then to wide open as it reaches max density and finishing with a flourish of sidedraft when density is as much as can be had. This last provides the diffusion necessary to achieve volume. Too much tho and you wash it out. Just right and you can as much as double the output.

I've tried the opp too in starting with sidedraft and closing up to pretty constant high pressure and velocity tug. This doesn't seem as effective with t.m.c. Lower velocity and volume at ramp up seems to bring temps up faster yet prolongs the state of high density production once there overall shortening the length of the pull.

Teach this technique to new and old, green and wise, who are still fully covering the DT and maintaining the same draw rate throughout. It makes a world of difference to change it up.

No dry feeling with a t.m.c. Quite the contrary. Too direct a draw and all the big cloud blowers choke on the density, stymied. With strained it's more about controlling or inhibiting the density in favor of diffusion to achieve a balance. Coil's go on the redline of vaporization very quickly.

Different approach altogether when the objective is to squeeze as much efficiency from the coil with balance rather than to muscle it with power.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
very nice

before the update ( hopefully coming before end of the year :eek: ) just wanted to notice you about the dry feeling I mentioned here and there about my setup ,that changin the driptip from metal wide bore-short , to ultem wide bore and lil bit longer, changes also the softness of the vape.. o_Othe ultem driptip get warmer too ( absorbs heat?..so vape get softer? who knows)

To answer this directly…yes, I find the slightly longer WB's seem to result in slightly more density for some reason. More than conventional DT's even with similar bore. The result of more vaporization is coolness which is smooth. It may have to do with a diff in the internal vacuum being created by short and long. A matter of how we lock on to these things. But it would seem you're right in your observation. The longer seem to aid in a more consistent contact and draw throughout the pull. Yeah, smooth, no doubt about it.

So the largest part of my pickings are in the 1/2-5/8" for conventional mech's and RDA's on high power variables which I mostly vape at <50W. But really the stubby's and even shallower like the Kennedy short dragon at mebe about 6mm depth give far better control with the technique I described earlier and more power.

Lot's of toys, lots of joys.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Happy Holidays to you as well @MacTechVpr.
Want to thank you for pointing out DW content in my vg base. Dropped dw to 3% and only use pg in low flavor percentage juices. Max vg with 3% dw is working out nicely for me, just needs a bit longer steep.

bood

Sep 16, 2017
happy new year master of vapes.. I've been more busy then I thought lately . No vacation at all.

I am looking after to buy a DTA and I'm eyeing the Manta and the Serpent , but will need more time to decide and another mod for it likely not a mech.

hope everyone stay safe in NY and rest of states with this new cold winter season ..

I will log back saturday MacTechVpr hopefully it will be the right time to update bits on my mech experience

Hope all of you passed a nice new year eve

Last edited:

bood

Sep 16, 2017
@MacTechVpr stealth has always been a need
for convenience (at work / family house / out with no smokers ..etc.. life style )

found the right belt pouche for everything..
using ss alien flat wire (makes a difference)..

TC makes a difference too as some ejuice want lower temp to vape and breath the best..also without tc/vw you obviously cant adjust on the fly /whatever the reasons ..

still dtl vape with the mech is higly satisfying ; I use to do it in the w.e. and sometimes on my freetime..

in a work week time the need for convenience is the first factor, and this little jewel ( this sub ohm mini mod from "Smok" ) does the job : in an embarassing good manner -even with a 24.5mm dtl rdta or a full fledged kennedy..
it looks low profile and classy too..literally hide in a hand..and has all the optionals included.....:blink:
you wouldn believe the clouds coming off this 'mod'
at least with a good rdta + the right build
the taste is spot on the density is super.. ramp up time: adjustable..:confused:
in the morning when I want everything light ..it needs just to push a button

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Thanks for all the great feedback @bood. Vape a lot of variables but funny…when I want to really wail, I've gotta have a mech. Mostly chain bout 40-45W var lately for the battery consistency. Really liking the simplicity of the Noisy Crckt 25 tho. But for outright flavorful production or to truly sense the nuances of a juice through V/temp changes, nothin beats that straight d/c. I'll try'n thro some pic's up soon.

G'luck. :)

irradiated

Verified Member
Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Thanks for all the great feedback @bood. Vape a lot of variables but funny…when I want to really wail, I've gotta have a mech. Mostly chain bout 40-45W var lately for the battery consistency. Really liking the simplicity of the Noisy Crckt 25 tho. But for outright flavorful production or to truly sense the nuances of a juice through V/temp changes, nothin beats that straight d/c. I'll try'n thro some pic's up soon.

G'luck. :)

The Cricket II-25 is awesome, I enjoy mine and it's definitely one of the most bang-for-your-buck mods out there! Not many can say they can do VV, series, and parallel all in one for like $30. On top of that, it is a super simple mod to vape and to switch modes. I'm not sure why it's not more popular.

bood

Sep 16, 2017
i found i.e. fruity e juice are better when the vape ia not high w or high t, and that's a thing easily achievable with TC . put into the mix also that a 1x18650 driven mech vapes pretty different during the discharge cycle, from a newly inserted battery to the half charge outputs change ( thus vape taste results i.e. for fruits : lemon and lime vary ) ; this doesnt happen with a mod as output is linear during a battery cycle

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
i found i.e. fruity e juice are better when the vape ia not high w or high t, and that's a thing easily achievable with TC . put into the mix also that a 1x18650 driven mech vapes pretty different during the discharge cycle, from a newly inserted battery to the half charge outputs change ( thus vape taste results i.e. for fruits : lemon and lime vary ) ; this doesnt happen with a mod as output is linear during a battery cycle

Yep, and as I've said for years, this is one of the great charms of a mechanical…the subtle flavor changes in a particular mix as voltage drops. For me going al the way back to 350's and carto tanks. Easier to do with TC once you have an idea where you're going. For a mech that's as simple as pullin the batt and putting it on a charger.

BTW some of the coolest (and densest vapes) I have are run on mech's at high power.

Good
luck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread