GoodNews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
ut the thread got silly and nilly. The usual members just went nuts. Sure, I took over the thread because, well, the thread was about me, I wanted to talk about my vaping experiences, that's expected. No reason for anyone to turn troll.

Well I sure hope that "usual members" quote was not directed at me. I will admit to being one of the "usual members" and in fact one of the first to start poking at you, I have the infractions to prove it. However I made an effort to not go there (too much) on this thread, and actually thought we had a rather good back and forth a few pages back about shorts in RDA/RBA's and a battery upgrade.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Im not going to argue with you man about what was said.
if there was a misunderstanding i too apologize but to come and claim your intellectually superior to anyone by spouting off about your IQ and own set of rules shows otherwise.

and your very wrong - I thought it was actually pretty cool that you seemed to mellow out and could hold a normal conversation without drolling on about conspiracies and bizarre tangents and people being vendor employees and how we are all against you or this and that.. the posts were short and concise and actually had an air of cohesion for once. but then it happened the 50 paragraph rambling stories came back.

there is something written on your front page:
"GoodNews! has not made any friends"

if you would just relax a little and got over yourself this could change.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
GN, there is always a grain of truth in everyone's perspective.

About 1/2 the posts on ECF daily is about a "problem" or about "solving a problem".

So, you are right that this vaping gear stuff has some um.....ticks. :)

I knew that the first week. I've thrown away clearos I just paid $5.99 for plus shipping that were unvapeable blah blah blah

The problem is two fold:
expectation level - yours is way too high
coping ability - yours is too low

:)

Its the nature of new tech cheaply made in china. There are those who turn it into a positive......they try to build a better mousetrap.
That is the nature of the "sharing" that goes on here. And the innovation.

Why not just try to make things work, most of life is like that anyway, isn't it? If vaping gear was the biggest thorn in my side, my life would be golden. :lol:

I'm not as enchanted with vaping as some, but I'm still doing it after 17 months, plugging along. I dont think I will ever get as much out of it as some, I don't even like most ejuices.......but I keep tryin'.

It's okay. I'm not smoking, and haven't smoked since the first week on here.

Last edited:

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
^Catalina, There's a new post above yours that explains it all.

If there was anything rude said before my "I'll be remembered" post, then chances are, it contributed to the mood. If there wasn't anything rude said til afterward, I believe it was a misinterpretation of my defenses, which, according to the way people replied, they weren't even reading them sensibly enough for my posts to make any sense, or some users became confused on who exactly I was talking to.

That happens a lot. Because I usually refrain from saying usernames, and try to speak in a broader manner as to not sound SO attacking, some members think I'm just trying to make myself look better to everyone on this forum if I brag about my IQ or something. No, that's just a direct response to certain members calling me stupid. Obviously, not once in this entire forum, have I behaved attacking or rude to ANY single member here without preemptivity. I believe I'm extraordinarily kind, and extraordinarily humble for what my truly high IQ allows me to be.

I don't go around saying "I'm a complete noob, help me."
-And-
I don't go around saying "I'm smarter than everyone else, but help me."

I'm in the middle of those two. And because vaping is a hobby where everyone says "I'm a noob, help me." (even the most experienced of modders), people get TEE'D when I at least come onto this forum claiming to have a LITTLE BIT of experience when doing a semi-decent review.

And I've only ever said that I have a little experience is to combat the CONSTANT accusations of how I "MUST NOT BE TILTING MY CLEAROMIZER."

THAT'S the type of advice I grow tired of, advice where people are OBVIOUSLY mocking me. However, I only get that assumption when people add RUDE comments to "Are you tilting your clearomizer?" They'll say things like "Are you tilting your clearomizer? Your odd personality tells me you have no clue what you're doing."

That's why I started fighting with people when I first signed up.

---------

I did mean that "I'll be rememebered" thing as that "I'll be remembered as the forum troll."
I didn't even edit that post (or if I did, it was to correct spelling, I usually just edit posts to correct grammar mistakes - I hate looking dumb, obviously.)
I bragged about my IQ after DOZENS of insulting posts that were actually insulting.
How many times have I actually bragged about my actual IQ on this forum? Not til now.
Usually, depending on the thread, I POKE JOKES AT MYSELF.
My rambling is something people will have to GET OVER. I'm just PASSING TIME.

If you guys don't care enough about me that you'd rather me go off smoking a pack of cigarettes than trying to stay off cigarettes by at least rambling about a bad clearomizer on a forum, then there you go.

Bunch of hatefulness is what it is. Get over the fact that I ramble. I didn't even CARE that you said I rambled. That's not what tee'd me off in the least. It was something about how stupid I am. I'm not even sure if it was YOU who posted it. Someone did. And it tee'd me the crap off. I'm not stupid. Extraordinarily far from it.

Now, when I get my Youtube channel, everyone's free to post what they want. THAT'S YOUTUBE. But THIS is ECF. I obviously WANT to be a part of the community here. I WANT to get along with everyone. I've OBVIOUSLY wanted help from everyone from DAY ONE (it would matter less if I'm a stuck up person or nice person - if anyone's judged me as stuck up, they should be knowledgable enough about psychology to see right through the presumed self-dignity of mine, and GET that I'm in desperate need of help OR they should be able to read english enough to know I was NEVER rude to begin with.)

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
there is something written on your front page:
"GoodNews! has not made any friends"

Vincent Van Gogh's profile page would have said the same thing. :)

(unless you count Paul Gauguin as a friend.....but that didn't turn out too well, now that it's coming out that he may have actually been the one to sever Van Gogh's ear from his head with a sword........during an argument.)
Van Gogh's ear was cut off by friend Gauguin with a sword - Telegraph

Van Gogh still had something of value to offer. :)

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
Well Retired1 is going to wake soon and put one of his little master locks on this thread. In the mean time I'm saddened to have witnessed it go from starting off as a spoof on our good friend and esteemed poster, GoodNews! to something that may have actualy had some ECF appropriate content to sliding completely off the steep mountain road and into what it is now.

We have to be in the air in 18 minutes so I have to go, good day All Y'all.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
wow, I really missed a lot! I got involved in the FSU / Auburn game and then went to sleep. GN, really, there was no offense taken to your joke.I have thicker skin than that. This thread was meant to be fun and that's exactly what it has been. I am grateful for all of your contributions. You are a fun guy. An incredibly intelligent fun guy. If trying to establish your own set of forum rules makes you feel better, I will follow them. Beneath it all, there has been some very useful and helpful information contributed here. Danny4x4 was right...I started it . You took it well. No offense and no worries.

Last edited:

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Get a Facebook page going and get on Twitter GN, you sir are a Legend !, your following would be huge.

I'm a legend in my own mind! I'm not alone.:2cool:

Senile Old Man Don ........... I think I appreciate "him". He's gotta be a GOOD 'typer-person' 'cuz he says sooooooo much soooooooo often! :)

Last edited:

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Or..............arrogant people are: .................... People with this chief feature, from the time they are young, are likely to believe they are destined for greatness. They feel they are not just another ordinary person: they think they are extraordinary. They tend to think they are a superior breed of human, not subject to the same imperfections as other "common" people. They may believe they are blessed with good luck. They have an exaggerated sense of their own importance, perceiving themselves as noble and grand, and feeling they are beyond and above the normal and average. They fancy that they will make a significant contribution to the world, and they have an unrealistic evaluation of their abilities, talents, intelligence, and other gifts — they see themselves as better than they really are. They have a desire to excel at whatever they do. They can be pretentious, haughty, snobbish, pompous, lofty, and conceited. This shows even in the way they carry themselves — with an upright posture, and in the way they walk — with a swagger.

The fear that drives Arrogance is the fear of vulnerability. Arrogant people do not want to admit to themselves that they are imperfect, nor do they want others to discover it. Rarely do they apologize for their mistakes. They have a need to avoid embarrassment and humiliation, because these things obviously show their faults. This is the reason the Arrogant are shy. Arrogant people avoid situations where they know they cannot excel. They are reluctant to try things that they know they will not do well. They perfect their stuff in private before they do it in public. They stick to the things they do well, and continue to perfect them.

In the Positive Pole of +Pride, there is pride in themselves, in what they do, and in what they think. They dress and groom well. They do good work. They have a high opinion of themselves. In this there is no comparison with others, just a feeling that they are good people, and they want others to praise them as being good people. They see themselves as virtuous, but others see them as self-righteous. They expect a lot of themselves, and try to live up to their self-image of greatness, perfection, and righteousness. If it should be pointed out that there is some imperfection in them, they will find a justification or excuse for it.

In the Negative Pole of -Vanity, there is a feeling of superiority over others. They automatically assume that others are lesser beings than themselves. Everything they do is to prove their superiority. They brag on themselves, and they belittle others and treat them as inferiors. Others around the vain person need not expect any compliments or praise. To do so would acknowledge them as equals or superiors. Because they expect so much of themselves, they expect so much of others also, to be worthy of praise. They have a highhanded way they treat other people that says "I'm better than you". Their actions say, "I know what is for your own good more than you do". This is presumptuousness. They automatically think their opinions are better than others, that they are smarter, stronger, more accurate, more knowledgeable than others, and so on — better in every way. The way to overcome -Vanity is to contemplate and apply the Positive Pole of the Complementary Feature, +Humility. Realize that we are all just struggling human beings, and none of us deserves to feel superior. Vain people try to "outshine" others. If someone tells a joke, they want to tell a better joke. If someone has a fast car, they want a faster car.

Arrogance is the counterpart of the Priest Role, so Arrogant people see themselves as Priests: interpreters and conveyors of divinity. They feel that they are in an exalted state of consciousness. They feel it is their mission to extend forgiveness to the wretched sinners all around them. They feel they are enlightened and inspired to preach on righteousness. They view themselves as godlike. Arrogant people always want to be admired. In the most extreme form, the Arrogant one wants to be worshipped.

Arrogant people are not interested in ordinary things. They prefer great and grand issues — things of cosmic significance. Petty and common things are beneath their dignity, too insignificant for them to be concerned with. They resent it when the little problems of daily life take away their attention from their grandiose projects. They feel they are above the problems that beset others. They feel bad things cannot happen to them. Sometimes they feel that they are not subject even to the laws of nature. They feel that the needs which drive ordinary people have no pull on them.

Arrogance is the Complementary opposite of the Self Deprecation Feature. Arrogant people lack +Humility and -Abasement. Rarely do they feel sorry for themselves. They are not apologetic about anything. In fact, they may be pitiless toward the suffering of others, because they are not attuned to their own suffering like Lowly people. Where Self-Deprecating people express their mediocrity and disgrace, Arrogant people brag on their great accomplishments.

Both Self-Deprecation and Arrogance make a person very status-conscious. Both types of people are concerned with where they rank compared to others. "What is my elevation — am I high or low? What is my scale — am I big or small. What is my value — am I quality or not? What is my grade — am I fine or coarse?" The lesson to be learned from this is that we are neither better nor worse than others, neither higher nor lower, neither richer nor poorer, neither more righteous nor more wicked. We are all equal.

Senile Old Man Don .............. "IQ" ............ "Ignorance Quotient" can apply.

*** The 'Goodie' must take responsibility for being "miserable". He has, "...blown $700.00 on "fraudulent items"! Nobody in their right mind repeatedly does so. Or, do they?

Last edited:

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
"I'm a disgruntled type of guy, I've probably been frauded more than any vaper here. There's a lot of bad luck stories in the vaping world, but my story is bad".

And there it is... If you genuinely believe that you've been 'frauded' more than any other vaper here perhaps you should ask yourself why.
On the other hand if that sentence is pure hyperbole then perhaps you should ask yourself why you need to state it.

I wish you every luck in your ongoing quest for vaping perfection.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
That's where I have a higher IQ. It allows me to be a respectful, nice person. It's why %98 of the people here can't even grammatically understand the words I type and take offense to stuff they pull out of thin air. I'm literally like the smartest person here when it comes to grammar, even my grammar shows it! I certainly will not be one to admit to something I did not type.

I guess that puts me in the %2. I grammatically misunderstand.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
What the Christ....

Man you guys, thanks for making my morning :)

GoodNews! get your self an MVP2, it really is a solid budget device. I use RBAs and RDAs on mine on the time, battery life is amazing. I do also use both rebuildables on eGo devices. Nothing like a shorty ego battery with an IGO-S for those sneak-a-vape stealth situations. You do have to build specifically for either of those devices as per their limitations. With any rebuildable you have to build for your device. They all have limitations.

And stop being so danged serious, this is the internet, we are all genius level 9001 wizards here, you are among peers friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread