Dayton, Ohio
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Cleaning up

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
stay on topic please....the only references to fish and insulation shall be done so sarcastically. You have violated the rules I've set forth on this particular thread. That's strike 1. I've got my eye on you....

It takes a lot for me to actually lol at a post, but this one did ! :lol::lol:

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
I was being like %1 sarcastic with the short question, I already knew what causes shorts but I just wanted to check and make sure there were no other bizarrities that can happen. Other than like, actual shorts on the coil too.

So the MVP would have something in it that would protect the battery a bit better? I've been eying it for a long time, but since the iTaste does the exact same stuff, I've been eying it too. Do they really have anything better in them than a Twist would?

And if I can at least end up proving this rda mess is for me, it'll eventually be Reo Town for me.

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Buy/sell/trade outside of Classifieds is prohibited

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
Well, just to ask, really what type of battery (any specifics on the cheaper side) would really ensure safety if I do happen to chance that coil hitting the metal after adjusting the coil for the airflow?

Looks like I got bigger fish to fry after all.

... Lol.

I've been eying the iTaste or MVP, but I'm not totally sure what'd seem to be in them that'd protect anything any better.

If you are looking to rely strictly on a device to protect you, I'm thinking maybe an rba isn't for you. It's not difficult by any means, but the best protection is knowledge.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
I was being like %1 sarcastic with the short question, I already knew what causes shorts but I just wanted to check and make sure there were no other bizarrities that can happen. Other than like, actual shorts on the coil too.

So the MVP would have something in it that would protect the battery a bit better? I've been eying it for a long time, but since the iTaste does the exact same stuff, I've been eying it too. Do they really have anything better in them than a Twist would?

And if I can at least end up proving this RDA mess is for me, it'll eventually be Reo Town for me.

The MVP and the VV V.3 are both Innokin products and I do believe they use almost identical electronics. However the MVP has more than double the battery capacity of the VV V.3. I don't personally own either one but it's pretty rare to find anyone complain about the MVP. If I were on a budget I can absolutely assure you I would buy the MVP.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I personally wouldn't trust a Twist for short protection.

I wouldn't trust a clone. But a genuine Joyetech Ego C Twist has some of the best protection of any battery you will find out there. You would be hard pressed to blow one up. They have something proprietary.

Really. Truly. :)

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I bought my MVP from 101 Vapes Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 - 101 Vape they are out of stock right now, but if you aren't in a hurry I think that they are the cheapest place. It is not the most powerful APV, 11 watts, 5volts max ( I can't remember the amp limit) but since you tend to be a low voltage/wattage Vaper I'm sure it will work great for you

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
And just to say, every joke I've posted on this thread has been anti-humor. That's what it's called. I don't seriously go around telling mom jokes or saying that I have bigger fish to fry. The "in good taste." part of that one post was a play on how I say that nothing tastes good. That's funny, lighthearted humor. I didn't seriously mean that the mom joke is in good tastes, mom jokes aren't, and I was only saying that joke in a way that mocks 13-year olds. However, the fact that I also tied it to the "sarcasm" rule was indeed the sort of witty part.

@ Abestos, I'm sincerely sorry if the mom joke offended you. It's really why I hate those jokes. There are rare times where a mom joke can be so witty that it has comedic value, but generally, they're just bad jokes in general, and some of the most emotionally offending.

But in all defense, I was simply hoping that people would get that I'm trying to be kindly funny and play along with the humor in the original post. I seriously don't mind if people make fun of my craziness as long as it's all in good fun. I'm a zany person, I really am, I don't care who says it because it's true, and I'm sure I'll end up being one of ECF's unforgettables, but there's emotional truth to every problem or situation I try to explain on this forum, it's all been the true experiences of vaping for me, so honestly, when people do sound truly malicious or like a smart-A, I do get emotionally offended. That's where I wish people would have just more a light-hearted sense of humor like this whole thread has been. It presents no problems, usually.

I'm just trying to get a good vape like everyone else. In my opinion, vaping has gotten to be such a ridiculous hobby in this world that all you can do is try to be as crazy as the hobby of vaping is, and when it comes down to how every e-cig or device I've ever tried plain sucks or tastes awful, then hey, I naturally do think up some pretty crazy things in the odd hours of the morning to try and explain it to myself. Conspiracy theories, technical stuff, physics, you name it, I'll say it. But the truth of the bad experience is there. That's the only reason I'm here. And if I can't get a clean vape without investing in gear that I've never claimed to know anything about, then it can get to a point where I consider giving up vaping.

My thing is I just have to know everything about a device before I use it. I have to know the features, I have to know how it works, I have to feel as though the device is equal to what I can understand. In a general sense, a variable voltage battery and tanks/clearomizers/drippers has been that tipping point for me. Everything under that area, I feel like I am an experienced user on, I've been trying to vape these things for quite awhile now, couple years. Above that, it gets into territory that I feel uncomfortable with and would need more experience in.

Yet, beyond the hobby of vaping, I believe I just have the common sense to question why a simple battery and a simple juice delivery device doesn't usually technically work for me. I don't have to question why my $10 toaster works just fine and doesn't make my toast taste like anything other than toast. I don't have to buy some super-duper $200 toaster to get my toast not to taste like a sock. So I'm unsure why cheap devices haven't been able to give me that result too. Is it just that $10 toasters belong to an industry where advertising and manufacturing is more regulated than vaping devices? Imo yes.

But then there's the mystery of why thousands claim to have better experiences than me, and even how I've had those same experiences on cheap devices at rare times. I don't know why this curse exists, and my biggest fear is it continuing to eat my money and no good result come of it.

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
And just to say, every joke I've posted on this thread has been anti-humor. That's what it's called. I don't seriously go around telling mom jokes or saying that I have bigger fish to fry. The "in good taste." part of that one post was a play on how I say that nothing tastes good. That's funny, lighthearted humor. I didn't seriously mean that the mom joke is in good tastes, mom jokes aren't, and I was only saying that joke in a way that mocks 13-year olds. However, the fact that I also tied it to the "sarcasm" rule was indeed the sort of witty part.

@ Abestos, I'm sincerely sorry if the mom joke offended you. It's really why I hate those jokes. There are rare times where a mom joke can be so witty that it has comedic value, but generally, they're just bad jokes in general, and some of the most emotionally offending.

But in all defense, I was simply hoping that people would get that I'm trying to be kindly funny and play along with the humor in the original post. I seriously don't mind if people make fun of my craziness as long as it's all in good fun. I'm a zany person, I really am, I don't care who says it because it's true, and I'm sure I'll end up being one of ECF's unforgettables, but there's emotional truth to every problem or situation I try to explain on this forum, it's all been the true experiences of vaping for me, so honestly, when people do sound truly malicious or like a smart-A, I do get emotionally offended. That's where I wish people would have just more a light-hearted sense of humor like this whole thread has been. It presents no problems, usually.

I'm just trying to get a good vape like everyone else. In my opinion, vaping has gotten to be such a ridiculous hobby in this world that all you can do is try to be as crazy as the hobby of vaping is, and when it comes down to how every e-cig or device I've ever tried plain sucks or tastes awful, then hey, I naturally do think up some pretty crazy things in the odd hours of the morning to try and explain it to myself. Conspiracy theories, technical stuff, physics, you name it, I'll say it. But the truth of the bad experience is there. That's the only reason I'm here. And if I can't get a clean vape without investing in gear that I've never claimed to know anything about, then it can get to a point where I consider giving up vaping.

My thing is I just have to know everything about a device before I use it. I have to know the features, I have to know how it works, I have to feel as though the device is equal to what I can understand. In a general sense, a variable voltage battery and tanks/clearomizers/drippers has been that tipping point for me. Everything under that area, I feel like I am an experienced user on, I've been trying to vape these things for quite awhile now, couple years. Above that, it gets into territory that I feel uncomfortable with and would need more experience in.

Yet, beyond the hobby of vaping, I believe I just have the common sense to question why a simple battery and a simple juice delivery device doesn't usually technically work for me. I don't have to question why my $10 toaster works just fine and doesn't make my toast taste like anything other than toast. I don't have to buy some super-duper $200 toaster to get my toast not to taste like a sock. So I'm unsure why cheap devices haven't been able to give me that result too. Is it just that $10 toasters belong to an industry where advertising and manufacturing is more regulated than vaping devices? Imo yes.

But then there's the mystery of why thousands claim to have better experiences than me, and even how I've had those same experiences on cheap devices at rare times. I don't know why this curse exists, and my biggest fear is it continuing to eat my money and no good result come of it.
Trust me, I'm not in the least bit offended by you. Any attempt at humor that takes that much explanation is an epic fail. You might want to consider getting over yourself, though. Dubbing yourself Än unforgettable ECF member" is just a tad bit self absorbed. As for all the other contradictions in this post, well... what's the use? Vape on, homie!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
and so it begins, nice simple posts, well worded and to the point then - back to the rambling self absorbed over analytical mish mash.

most of us are simple users who happen to love playing with this stuff and have broad experiences, very few of us actually feel as though we are experts (if any of us) using a couple ego batteries and a list of clearos is far from experienced let alone an expert lol.

when it comes to clearos and such if you notice the youtube reviewers are just that, they sample a product but it is clear they are rarely devices they themselves would use for very long. case in point is in many cases busardo can be seen vaping his personal kayfun while "reviewing" other devices

I consider people like busardo and todd experts because they sample more devices in a few months then i can ever own, they tear them down and analyze them to no end with busardo even doing extensive electrical and oscilliscope testing while in many cases staying in communication with the actual manufacturers.

please stop, really

Last edited:

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
@ Asbestos well you're the one acting all stuck up and offended. My humor doesn't need some big long explanation, everyone got what type of humor I was playing at, everyone thought it's cool that I'm happily joking around on this thread, your the one who said your mother passed away, everyone else thought I was funny. So I gave a personal apology. You were being nice as could be up until that point, so yeah, I think I accidentally struck a real nerve and sincerely, and I very obviously, with a smiley face attached right under that mom joke, didn't mean to.

And everyone's caught up on this whole "expert" thing. It's all based on a typo I once did. I once, in a rush, said that I feel like I'm an expert (or some sort of wording) when it comes to vaping, and 5 seconds later, I corrected it to say that I meant "non-RDA vaping". Non-RDA vaping is about as simple as pie. I don't even think I said "expert" (though I may have), I think I just said "experienced user". I honestly forgot what I said. It's all based on one post that I posted like three weeks ago. I don't go around here acting like an expert, I just do know what I'm doing, and I don't have to literally rebuild something to know what's going on with it. But in actuality, the only device I've never taken apart and tried to rebuild or manipulate is the Aspire. And it's not meant to be rebuilt, Eigate would have done something to make it a bit more easily rebuildable if that was the case.

You know what, ya'll are just trying to rowl me up now. Even if ya don't realize it, this stuff is really making no sense. Judging me based on one typo and acting stuck up at a mom joke. Some sad folk, I believe. But then again, it's probably why some of my very first posts on this entire forum had such attitudic replies as well. Sad folk. All it is.

What happened, did the vendor ya'll worked at go out of business? What happened, did ya'll invest in an Aspire stock and I cut ya'lls cash flow? Protanks, maybe? Well, get over it. Shouldn't sell faulty crap.

No seriousness in the vendor thing, but all the same, I really was trying to be nice, was throughout this whole thread, I thought everyone else was trying to be nice and keep to a respectful humor style as well, and before long, ECF is going to have a real clear view of who's been nice all along and who's really been the folks who just keep trying to start crap even after we all seem to be getting along.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I honestly forgot what I said. It's all based on one post that I posted like three weeks ago. I don't go around here acting like an expert, I just do know what I'm doing,

heres the problem though - you may have forgotten but your post history is permanent for all to read.

maybe take a little time to read over your previous posts objectively and see what kind of image you have been projecting to the rest of the forum and some of the things you personally forgot you have said lol

things like:

I know all there is to know about"
"I know everything about"
"i have enough experience to know everything about"
on and on.
when we try to help fill in the blanks joking or not you come off very arrogant and self knowing.

I am not trying to give you a hard time but you have to understand joking or not the way you post comes off as very condescending to most of the other posters.

if you want to share your experiences and findings we welcome it, but to constantly say how your taste buds must be superior or your testing is far advanced kind of things will always bring you grief.

'm just trying to get a good vape like everyone else

and we have tried to help you, you said you had good results from a cartos so we suggest a carto tank and you say no. what more do you want from us, you ask, we try to help, then you go back to your same pattern of pushing away the answers.

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
We want to help, we are trying to help, seriously! {MODERATED}
But you are going to have to step back and take a hard look, cig-alikes and a breaking ego don't get you even close to scratching the surface!!
You talk of buying $300 in gear, what was this? If you bought $300 in Protank crap, I can't help you there!
Right now, sitting beside me, I have 10 V4L cig-alikes, EGO and a DAV auto. The Provari mini, Vmod, BB, Nemesis clone, Altoids box mod, and a Zippo mod. I also have two Kayfun clones, a DID, AGA-T, IGO-L, Nimbus clone and on and on and on!!! But I'm by no means an expert at any of it! I can build coils, I can make my gear work but I've had a lot of trial and error to get here!
If it hadn't been for Mad Murdock, I'd still be fat dumb and happy with a carto tank, but I found a juice I liked that didn't like carto tanks, after years of vaping, so I had to start over again to find what worked for me. You have to constantly learn, this industry is still in it's infancy, next week the next "Provari killer" will be out and there will be something even better than the Kayfun! Then we will have to learn again, that's just how it is!
So step back, take a breath, read a little more of what we are posting, not what you think you are interpreting, and I bet things start getting easier and better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
We want to help, we are trying to help, seriously! I was offering to send you some gear if you'd buy a charger, but I got warned of the rules for that post tonight, so I guess I can't do that either!
But you are going to have to step back and take a hard look, cig-alikes and a breaking ego don't get you even close to scratching the surface!!
You talk of buying $300 in gear, what was this? If you bought $300 in Protank crap, I can't help you there!
Right now, sitting beside me, I have 10 V4L cig-alikes, EGO and a DAV auto. The Provari mini, Vmod, BB, Nemesis clone, Altoids box mod, and a Zippo mod. I also have two Kayfun clones, a DID, AGA-T, IGO-L, Nimbus clone and on and on and on!!! But I'm by no means an expert at any of it! I can build coils, I can make my gear work but I've had a lot of trial and error to get here!
If it hadn't been for Mad Murdock, I'd still be fat dumb and happy with a carto tank, but I found a juice I liked that didn't like carto tanks, after years of vaping, so I had to start over again to find what worked for me. You have to constantly learn, this industry is still in it's infancy, next week the next "Provari killer" will be out and there will be something even better than the Kayfun! Then we will have to learn again, that's just how it is!
So step back, take a breath, read a little more of what we are posting, not what you think you are interpreting, and I bet things start getting easier and better.

I very much agree with the permanent learning cycle with vaping. It seems like what is out there changes almost weekly. Not everything is going to be great. Some of it won't be to your taste. Other stuff really IS great but takes some time really learn how to make it work.

Example.
I can make my single coil dripping attys jump through hoops without even paying attention. I grt a great vape with a coil and wick that takes me 5 minutes to set up. This is true because I went through the learning process and have a method that suits my vaping style down cold. I am pretty much at the same place with Genesis style rebuildable tanks.

Today my Kayfun Lite clone came in. Even with doing massive amounts of reading and video watching for weeks. It has taken me nearly 6 hours to finally get a good build on it with no gurgling and no dry hits. Now that I know HOW to do it, I will get faster at it. Tonight was one long frustration followed by the AH HA! moment and an hour straight now of an astoundingly good vape.

Being honest I don't think vaping really works its best as a plug and play thing. It is fiddly if you want the best and you can never stop learning new stuff.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
*not toward Starlight*

"I know everything there is to know" is the exact quote I was talking about, thank you for clarifying, and if you go back and read the post, it clearly says "about non-RDA vaping."

Again, a case of knowing exactly what I'm talking about. And quite frankly, without getting into, you know, bizarre electricity formulas and all that, I do know pretty much everything about non-RDA non-complex-mod non-DIY vaping. Most of every question I've ever asked on this forum is for simple clarification and the urge to "not rule anything out" and to "see if anyone here indeed knows a obscure vaping factor that I may have skimped over." I've probably asked about 5 questions on this forum that were truly things I didn't already know.

I'm sorry if that opinion goes against anyone's religious beliefs of being humble or tee's off vendors who try to make customers out to be people who have no clue what they're doing, but so be it. Ya'll have met your match with me.

Being rude has no excuse. At the end of the day, it is contradictory to whatever standard this forum expects me to uphold. I'm a legitimate know-it-all, and rightly so. I wouldn't have one of the top %2 highest IQ's in my state if not. But people can simply say the sky is blue, and apart from someone simply explaining that the sky is not really blue, someone will be rude. Not only do I know a lot about vaping, I know a heck a lot about psychology, english grammar, the whole works. I've encountered rude people my whole life, wether right or wrong. And when people are rude to me, I find that in all actuality, they're wrong about something.

Not the case with people who are simply annoying. People can be annoying all day long. I'm probably a very annoying person. Have I ever been technically wrong about anything? It'd at least take some searching. Along with the 5 legitimate questions I've ever asked this forum, I've probably been wrong about 5 legitimate times. 10 things out of 380 posts backs up the fact that I'm, according to our government, %98 smarter than everyone else. Well, not exactly smarter, but IQ is the definition of being able to absorb facts and notice the contradictions in them. I believe I'm extraordinarily good at that.

In my opinion, any arguement that's been sparked on this forum, with me, is because the person either A. Believes all vaping products are perfect, or B. Believes that even if they're horrible, that vendors should get paid for selling these products because it "supports families." Even down to the most obscure topics, this what I believe causes it. And for people who believe those things, trust me, you've met your match with me.

Even that whole "We're just all trying to help you" malarky that I've seen on other threads. No, if ya'll were trying to help me, just beg me to switch to an RDA or high-end battery. I'm doing that, and now everyone's like "Oh no, this is going to turn out horrible." Well, what do you ****'s want?

Contradictions.

{MODERATED}

Last edited by a moderator:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
And so the misanthropic and solipsistic ways rear their ugly head!
I see now you aren't here for anything more than to be an antagonist to make you feel better about whatever is lacking in your personal life. I'm glad to know that I didn't send you any gear, I'm certain I can find someone that would be much more deserving than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread