GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Good evening everyone! Sorry for my English.
I wanted to point out that I used the service of restoration VapourArt for my toys GP.
I want to publicly thank Perseas:
I am very proud to be a member VapourArt are wonderful as wonderful was your work on my lovely items.
Thank you so much for your wonderful collaboration. See you soon.
greetings

Thank you very much for the praise :)

I also took advantage of GP Service earlier in the year. I rescued a serialized GP Paps v2.5 18350 tube from the Classifieds that was pretty badly scratched up and I sent it to Vapourart to be polished and re-engraved (it was originally brushed). At the time I paired it with a spare v2.1 switch and top cap and took the photo below (it looked identical to a Paps v2.1, but I have since acquired a spare v2.5 switch and top cap to match it with):

5304D52E-4A1C-424B-A5E4-CDD01B9FA8AE_zpsx11g2imf.jpg

I also sent a GP Spheroid v2 base to be refinished and laser engraved at the same time. Unfortunately, it did not survive the refinishing process and the great folks at Vapourart instead kindly provided me with a new Spheroid v3 base as a replacement (which I’m using right now).

Thank you Mark for the feedback :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
---Quote, "Perseas"-----------------------------------------------
GP Service
Starting from the upcoming Vapourday, we shall offer the GP Service for custom engraving, custom finish and restoration of all GP Series products. Part of the GP service is the DHL Remote Pickup, done from your place, at your convenience. This costs...

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

---Unquote--------------------------------------------------------

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I have a question for my fellow family...

I think I might of goofed up on and mixed up my screws. I know, Im screwy ...

But I noticed one of these two is not like the other....

Both are my X 1.5s. Serials 1482 and 1429 . I ordered some of the screws and saw that there were 2 different ones and I hope I got the right ones and then I might have mixed up the ones from the PAPS 2.5 or 3.

x-screw-001_zpsyxlzvccb.jpg

Reactions: Cucco

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I have a question for my fellow family...

I think I might of goofed up on and mixed up my screws. I know, Im screwy ...

But I noticed one of these two is not like the other....

Both are my X 1.5s. Serials 1482 and 1429 . I ordered some of the screws and saw that there were 2 different ones and I hope I got the right ones and then I might have mixed up the ones from the PAPS 2.5 or 3.

x-screw-001_zpsyxlzvccb.jpg

The negative post for GP PAPS v3 is similar to GP PAPS X v1.5 and your serial is above #1000, so if there was an issue, the screw wouldn't fit at all. As for the differences, you know that we are fiddling with all the parts of any mod from batch to batch, improving what we think it can work better.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The negative post for GP PAPS v3 is similar to GP PAPS X v1.5 and your serial is above [HASHTAG]#1000[/HASHTAG], so if there was an issue, the screw wouldn't fit at all.

Oh, thanks, glad to hear. Its just that I have one switch that is being a bad kid.

It keeps getting loose, and I have to keep taking it apart and putting it back. Its also not performing as well. Its not misfiring, but sometimes it hits harder and other times kinda weak. As you and others know, I do weekly cleaning and bi-monthly ultrasound cleanses.

I wonder if its my spring. I do like the light one, maybe its wonky?

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Oh, thanks, glad to hear. Its just that I have one switch that is being a bad kid.

It keeps getting loose, and I have to keep taking it apart and putting it back. Its also not performing as well. Its not misfiring, but sometimes it hits harder and other times kinda weak. As you and others know, I do weekly cleaning and bi-monthly ultrasound cleanses.

Try a different spring and tell me the results. I suppose you tighten the post with a screwdriver, not only by hand.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Yes, I use a small screw similar to the one in your "how to" video. I tighten it only to a slight resistance, if not then it wont move. One works fine, the switch with the new screw is real fiddly. It keeps loosening up when I lock it, it just keeps spinning... Not all the time but often enough to make me wonder what Im doing different.

Thanks Mr P. I did not think Id get responses so fast :)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Yes, I use a small screw similar to the one in your "how to" video. I tighten it only to a slight resistance, if not then it wont move. One works fine, the switch with the new screw is real fiddly. It keeps loosening up when I lock it, it just keeps spinning... Not all the time but often enough to make me wonder what Im doing different.

Thanks Mr P. I did not think Id get responses so fast :)

Put this screw to your second X and check its behaviour please. If it behaves similarly, the screw is faulty and we'll send you a new one. Mind you that when we tighten a screw, we give a quick flick at the last turn to help it grab the thread and remain tightened no matter how many times we press the switch.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA

Certainly, your post made me smile! Brought back memories.. When you used to tell the world, that I NEVER cleaned my ELA. ELA slob? Was that it? Something like that. :) Just a FYI: I am still vaping my first X. I have never vaped the others, or any other mod, since I got her. I vape her all day, every day. Every few weeks, I do a slight wipe down with an alcohol wipe. She has never had a bath. She is vaping like a champ! :) Oh my... :) Too funny! :)

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Yeap, they are amazing. Ive never been so happy with a device like the X since that "other mod" You should give the new PAPs 4 a try. I never thought Id like a 22mm mod, but its just so wonderful. Plus it would fit your KFL perfectly.

I know, you like me, are not bothered by the atty being a hair slimmer.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
Yeap, they are amazing. Ive never been so happy with a device like the X since that "other mod" You should give the new PAPs 4 a try. I never thought Id like a 22mm mod, but its just so wonderful. Plus it would fit your KFL perfectly.

I know, you like me, are not bothered by the atty being a hair slimmer.

Did I at least, get a chuckle out of you? :)

Reactions: anavidfan

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thank you, I will switch the switches...:p

Oh and thanks for the replacement screw, but I have quite a few, just popped them all in one bag...

I don't know if I expressed myself well. I want to you try the same screw with 2 different buttons. If it's becoming loose when you tighten it, it is a M3 screw, not M4 as it should be.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
This is perhaps a M3 screw , compatible only with Xs having serial number below #1000 (GP PAPS X v1). Then, we created the thicker M4 for X v1.5 for better conductivity changing the thickness of the screw axis. Normally a M3 screw floats freely inside a M4 threading, it can't even catch the threads, something else is going on here.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
The battery department remain the same. The switch is 1 mm shorter and enters 1 mm less in the tube in relation to the previous versions, total 2 mm less height :)

Is that new button going to be compatible with previous tubes?
Especially interested to see if it works on the PAPS 2.5s :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread