GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
The fluff and juice together play a role in how the juice is released. You may be better at 2" and then take a small screwdriver and spin it around the tank in the opposite direction of the fluff to even those out.
It sounds like your gurgling while juice empties from the pockets, but when that juice is gone, the rest of the fluff is too dense to let any go.

Dontknow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Devon
I probably should have clarified... I have gaps between the side wall and fluff in a spot of two and wound up with some gurgle once or twice. crazy to go from gurgle (not bad.. pretty light) to dry hits.

Seems like your fluff "might" be wound too tight? You say there's gaps between the fluff and side wall (so juice would flow freely through these gaps), then, when the gaps run dry - the fluff is not releasing juice as it is wound too tight - having the same effect as "too much" fluff?
This could explain why it works well to start with - but starts to burn-up the wick before the tank is empty.
Before anything else - I'd suggest adjusting the fluff. Just loosen it up a bit. Might be a bit of a battle to get it wrapped more loosely when it's got juice on it already?.... But - it does sound like it is wrapped just a bit too tight...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I just wanted to stop in and wish you all a happy end-of-thread-2.
And to thank you folks for your support and advice.
And of course P and the good folks in Greece.

I'm still not content with my Heron build, but just haven't had the time to fool with it. I should now,
so I'll doubtless be pestering you all for guidance, and before I'm done, probably for more fluff, if Ideeho is still stocked.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I guess I am not building my heron correctly as I am constantly getting dry hits with a fluff and cotton build. I may also need to use more fluff (I used like 2.5" long)... I kind of went by the guide in the tips and tricks thread. I also wonder if my coil is just too small (3/32's - 5 wraps 28g) and is constantly choking my cotton wick. Or so it seems. When I build my wicks it is fairly easy to pull the wick through the coil one side to the other. Also, I cannot vape the tank dry... it starts burning up the wick. Doesn't seem to be getting enough juice. Hmmmm.

Looks like I will need to buy more fluff from wherever?? so I can figure this build out.

I have nothing more to add, the guys here as super duper fast! The fluff has to be about 2'' long, touching the inner walls, spread it with a needle or with the fork to the different direction from the wrapped one and keep the tail of the cotton rather short.

Last edited:

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I think this may be my problem as well. I used closer to 3-3.5" of fluff which sounds like it's likely way too much. My problem wasn't dry hits, but it would seem like the tank was empty when there was clearly more juice in there....I think I will re-fluff my Herons tonight using 2" this time and see if it's any better (I am sure it will be).... :)

faitaccompli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
The fluff and juice together play a role in how the juice is released. You may be better at 2" and then take a small screwdriver and spin it around the tank in the opposite direction of the fluff to even those out.
It sounds like your gurgling while juice empties from the pockets, but when that juice is gone, the rest of the fluff is too dense to let any go.

Seems like your fluff "might" be wound too tight? You say there's gaps between the fluff and side wall (so juice would flow freely through these gaps), then, when the gaps run dry - the fluff is not releasing juice as it is wound too tight - having the same effect as "too much" fluff?
This could explain why it works well to start with - but starts to burn-up the wick before the tank is empty.
Before anything else - I'd suggest adjusting the fluff. Just loosen it up a bit. Might be a bit of a battle to get it wrapped more loosely when it's got juice on it already?.... But - it does sound like it is wrapped just a bit too tight...

Yeah, that makes sense. I will give that a shot. How much do you guys usually use? I am on a finite supply until I get some ordered (basically what came with my Heron). I am gathering that you wind it loosely... I may have wound it tight. I tried to go sort of middle of the road, but it's my first build so what I figured for middle may be way too tight lol.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I think this may be my problem as well. I used closer to 3-3.5" of fluff which sounds like it's likely way too much. My problem wasn't dry hits, but it would seem like the tank was empty when there was clearly more juice in there....I think I will re-fluff my Herons tonight using 2" this time and see if it's any better (I am sure it will be).... :)

In any case, we'll be here as well :)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I just wanted to stop in and wish you all a happy end-of-thread-2.
And to thank you folks for your support and advice.
And of course P and the good folks in Greece.

I'm still not content with my Heron build, but just haven't had the time to fool with it. I should now,
so I'll doubtless be pestering you all for guidance, and before I'm done, probably for more fluff, if Ideeho is still stocked.

Thank you mate :)

What's going on with your Heron builds?

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Yeah, that makes sense. I will give that a shot. How much do you guys usually use? I am on a finite supply until I get some ordered (basically what came with my Heron). I am gathering that you wind it loosely... I may have wound it tight. I tried to go sort of middle of the road, but it's my first build so what I figured for middle may be way too tight lol.

About 2" x .6". Wind it only as much as you need to assemble. Then look into it. Then if the fluff is clockwise, take your screwdriver counter CW to even it out.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA

JP. 3-3.5? Damn you're like a storm cloud just DYING to release moisture. :)

Dontknow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Devon

You don't need any more fluff - at least not yet a while. Just use what you have already, just wind it a little looser. Or rather - un-wind it a bit (as yankebobo said - with a short needle or screwdriver in the opposite direction that it's wound) to loosen it. You should be good to go.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Wow !

Time really flies !

time+flying+paris.jpg

faitaccompli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
You don't need any more fluff - at least not yet a while. Just use what you have already, just wind it a little looser. Or rather - un-wind it a bit (as yankebobo said - with a short needle or screwdriver in the opposite direction that it's wound) to loosen it. You should be good to go.

I don't? I figure I have about 2-3 more builds left in what came with the Heron. Or do you reuse it?? Rinse out whatever flavor was in it and dry it? (I know these are stupid questions... my brain is hardly functioning. Only 2.5hrs sleep and lots of physical work over the last few days... so I feel drunk without the drink).

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I don't? I figure I have about 2-3 more builds left in what came with the Heron. Or do you reuse it?? Rinse out whatever flavor was in it and dry it? (I know these are stupid questions... my brain is hardly functioning. Only 2.5hrs sleep and lots of physical work over the last few days... so I feel drunk without the drink).

Yes, you can reuse it almost indefinitely!

Dontknow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Devon

Just rinse it and reuse it - yes.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA

Reuse until the "fluffiness " is gone. It's it's become thin with no springiness, it's time to replace. ESPECIALLY with the same juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread