The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 2

Discussion in 'VapourArt' started by perseas, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. yankeebobo

yankeebobo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Western MA
    The fluff and juice together play a role in how the juice is released. You may be better at 2" and then take a small screwdriver and spin it around the tank in the opposite direction of the fluff to even those out.
    It sounds like your gurgling while juice empties from the pockets, but when that juice is gone, the rest of the fluff is too dense to let any go.

2. Dontknow

Dontknow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Devon
    Seems like your fluff "might" be wound too tight? You say there's gaps between the fluff and side wall (so juice would flow freely through these gaps), then, when the gaps run dry - the fluff is not releasing juice as it is wound too tight - having the same effect as "too much" fluff?
    This could explain why it works well to start with - but starts to burn-up the wick before the tank is empty.
    Before anything else - I'd suggest adjusting the fluff. Just loosen it up a bit. Might be a bit of a battle to get it wrapped more loosely when it's got juice on it already?.... But - it does sound like it is wrapped just a bit too tight...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. newyork13

newyork13 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I just wanted to stop in and wish you all a happy end-of-thread-2.
    And to thank you folks for your support and advice.
    And of course P and the good folks in Greece.

I'm still not content with my Heron build, but just haven't had the time to fool with it. I should now,
    so I'll doubtless be pestering you all for guidance, and before I'm done, probably for more fluff, if Ideeho is still stocked.

4. perseas

perseas Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
    I have nothing more to add, the guys here as super duper fast! The fluff has to be about 2'' long, touching the inner walls, spread it with a needle or with the fork to the different direction from the wrapped one and keep the tail of the cotton rather short.

5. jpcwon

jpcwon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2014
    North Easton, MA
    I think this may be my problem as well. I used closer to 3-3.5" of fluff which sounds like it's likely way too much. My problem wasn't dry hits, but it would seem like the tank was empty when there was clearly more juice in there....I think I will re-fluff my Herons tonight using 2" this time and see if it's any better (I am sure it will be).... :)

6. faitaccompli

faitaccompli Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2014
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Yeah, that makes sense. I will give that a shot. How much do you guys usually use? I am on a finite supply until I get some ordered (basically what came with my Heron). I am gathering that you wind it loosely... I may have wound it tight. I tried to go sort of middle of the road, but it's my first build so what I figured for middle may be way too tight lol.

7. perseas

Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
    In any case, we'll be here as well :)

8. perseas

Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
    Thank you mate :)

What's going on with your Heron builds?

9. jpcwon

jpcwon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2014
    North Easton, MA
    Thank you as always my good sir!! :)

10. yankeebobo

Jun 23, 2012
    Western MA
    About 2" x .6". Wind it only as much as you need to assemble. Then look into it. Then if the fluff is clockwise, take your screwdriver counter CW to even it out.

11. yankeebobo

Jun 23, 2012
    Western MA
    JP. 3-3.5? Damn you're like a storm cloud just DYING to release moisture. :)

12. yankeebobo

Jun 23, 2012
    Western MA
    Perseas is getting ready. He's well rested, with I'm SURE at least 12 hours of sleep. About 7 posts away from locking the door.
    :)

13. Dontknow

Oct 20, 2013
    Devon
    You don't need any more fluff - at least not yet a while. Just use what you have already, just wind it a little looser. Or rather - un-wind it a bit (as yankebobo said - with a short needle or screwdriver in the opposite direction that it's wound) to loosen it. You should be good to go.

14. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Wow !

Time really flies !

[​IMG]

15. yankeebobo

Jun 23, 2012
    Western MA
    Don't forget, if it becomes messy to work with, just pull it out and rinse it. Gently press a few times between towels and you're good again. Only need to replace at this stage of if you've cut too short.

16. faitaccompli

faitaccompli Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2014
    Fredericksburg, VA
    I don't? I figure I have about 2-3 more builds left in what came with the Heron. Or do you reuse it?? Rinse out whatever flavor was in it and dry it? (I know these are stupid questions... my brain is hardly functioning. Only 2.5hrs sleep and lots of physical work over the last few days... so I feel drunk without the drink).

17. perseas

Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
    Yes, you can reuse it almost indefinitely!

18. Dontknow

Oct 20, 2013
    Devon
    Just rinse it and reuse it - yes.

19. yankeebobo

Jun 23, 2012
    Western MA
    Reuse until the "fluffiness " is gone. It's it's become thin with no springiness, it's time to replace. ESPECIALLY with the same juice.

20. newyork13

newyork13 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I think it may be the fluff issues. But, should the tails be trimmed above the deck or should they touch it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.