GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
Wow, I had some catching up to do!! My wife and I finished a weekend course on motorcycle safety and riding and we are both drained from the sun and drills!! She wanted to learn to ride a motorcycle and I agreed to join her for this course, we had alot of "safe" fun and she passed with flying colors.
After a partial week at Kiawah Isalnd, SC playing some golf and having fun to a full weekend of course instruction, I have alot of cleaning, coil building, tank filling, erc. to perform over the next couple nights. We have alot of family coming to oir hoise over the next couple weeks for vacation and fun but I will be checking in! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember, way back when, I went to motorcycle school. I already had my MC license for many years, but I did it 'just cause'. Figured it didn't hurt to get a fresh look at safety. I was grieving the loss of my first husband at the time. So, it was a nice distraction. The people were fun! Big mixture of ages in the group. I had a blast!

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Wow, you were a moving chimney! I was almost the same avid smoker, around 40-50 DRUM rolling tobacco cigarettes per day for 30 years and I quitted in 8 hours, because I liked vaping more, I didn't want to quit smoking, I was just curious about vaping :)

Quit Date: 9/12/2011
Today: 6/28/2014

Smober Time: 2 Years, 6 Months, 22 Days
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 46,300
Money Saved: about $19.000 (DRUM tobacco is very expensive in my country, they sell it in 15 gr pouches now from the initial 50 gr ones, we produce tobacco, but the best kinds are exported and reimported branded ...)

Moving chimney I was! Being an insomniac, I had many hours to smoke. :)

I have not had a cigarette since my first vape! I too, like vaping more! Love your 'Smober Time'! Congrats!

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Moving chimney I was! Being an insomniac, I had many hours to smoke. :)

I have not had a cigarette since my first vape! I too, like vaping more! Love your 'Smober Time'! Congrats!

Basically I copied your post changing the dates, so it's 2 days off, you caught me :D

Corrected version:

Quit Date: 9/12/2011
Today: 6/30/2014

Smober Time: 2 Years, 6 Months, 24 Days

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I remember, way back when, I went to motorcycle school. I already had my MC license for many years, but I did it 'just cause'. Figured it didn't hurt to get a fresh look at safety. I was grieving the loss of my first husband at the time. So, it was a nice distraction. The people were fun! Big mixture of ages in the group. I had a blast!

Our class was small and alot of fun. The class was Friday evening from 6-10, all day Saturday and Sunday from 8-6. I have ridden motorcycles for years bit never any "formal" instruction! I actually got alot out of this course but most importantly was seeing my wife accomplish something that she has NEVER operated....a motorcycle!! My Paps/Heron was also a topic of conversation as well!!

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Our class was small and alot of fun. The class was Friday evening from 6-10, all day Saturday and Sunday from 8-6. I have ridden motorcycles for years bit never any "formal" instruction! I actually got alot out of this course but most importantly was seeing my wife accomplish something that she has NEVER operated....a motorcycle!! My Paps/Heron was also a topic of conversation as well!!

Very cool! I too, had never had 'formal' training, and learned things I did not previously know. I passed those things onto my 'lifer' bike friends. After that, a couple of them decided to go take the course too. Plus, they liked the fact they could then get a 'discount' on insurance. :)

landman2k1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
McKinney, Texas
I thought I missed the close of thread 2 for a brief moment this morning, lol. We managed to close this one in 6 months. Wow!! :)

Had my son's 6th birthday party this weekend at a place called Jump Street. It's basically a giant indoor trampoline park. In the words of the great Roger Murtaugh, "I'm too old for this s h * t!" :p

Here's looking forward to part 3!!

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
I thought I missed the close of thread 2 for a brief moment this morning, lol. We managed to close this one in 6 months. Wow!! :)

Had my son's 6th birthday party this weekend at a place called Jump Street. It's basically a giant indoor trampoline park. In the words of the great Roger Murtaugh, "I'm too old for this s h * t!" :p

Here's looking forward to part 3!!

That sounds fun! But, I bet I would be saying the same thing, after I did it! :)

faitaccompli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
I guess I am not building my heron correctly as I am constantly getting dry hits with a fluff and cotton build. I may also need to use more fluff (I used like 2.5" long)... I kind of went by the guide in the tips and tricks thread. I also wonder if my coil is just too small (3/32's - 5 wraps 28g) and is constantly choking my cotton wick. Or so it seems. When I build my wicks it is fairly easy to pull the wick through the coil one side to the other. Also, I cannot vape the tank dry... it starts burning up the wick. Doesn't seem to be getting enough juice. Hmmmm.

Looks like I will need to buy more fluff from wherever?? so I can figure this build out.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
I got absolutely no sleep last night. The only thing I accomplished, was a GVC order. But, that was good!

I am trying to pay bills today. Too many bills! Too tired! Getting confused! I am determined to get rid of some of my properties! I am too old and lazy for this .....!

Another beautiful day here, in my part of Florida. Again, record breaking heat and humidity. But.... It's all good! :)

Dontknow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Devon
I guess I am not building my heron correctly as I am constantly getting dry hits with a fluff and cotton build. I may also need to use more fluff (I used like 2.5" long)... I kind of went by the guide in the tips and tricks thread. I also wonder if my coil is just too small (3/32's - 5 wraps 28g) and is constantly choking my cotton wick. Or so it seems. When I build my wicks it is fairly easy to pull the wick through the coil one side to the other. Also, I cannot vape the tank dry... it starts burning up the wick. Doesn't seem to be getting enough juice. Hmmmm.

Looks like I will need to buy more fluff from wherever?? so I can figure this build out.

I also use 3/32 coils with cotton wicks - works perfectly for me. Might be fluff not releasing the fluid (too much fluff)? Or maybe choking from the tank to the coil?

Last edited:

faitaccompli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
Less. If you're at 2.5, and dry hitting, try less. As for cotton, stand up the mod and thread the cotton. You should be able to slide the cotton through without resistance while still having the cotton maintain contact with the coil.

I probably should have clarified... I have gaps between the side wall and fluff in a spot of two and wound up with some gurgle once or twice. crazy to go from gurgle (not bad.. pretty light) to dry hits.

faitaccompli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
I also use 3/32 coils with cotton wicks - works perfectly for me. Might be fluff not releasing the fluid (too much fluff)? Or maybe choking from the tank to the coil?

I'm not sure... I built my wick the same as I always have for all of my builds. Only very very slight resistance at the coil when pulling side to side (if I go with no resistance I wind up dry hitting as it seems too little) and haven't had any issues on any device with this build. I have a feeling that I am going to have to keep tinkering with it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread