The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 2

Discussion in 'VapourArt' started by perseas, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cucco

Cucco Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I remember, way back when, I went to motorcycle school. I already had my MC license for many years, but I did it 'just cause'. Figured it didn't hurt to get a fresh look at safety. I was grieving the loss of my first husband at the time. So, it was a nice distraction. The people were fun! Big mixture of ages in the group. I had a blast!

2. yankeebobo

yankeebobo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Western MA
    Congratulations to you both. I don't have the numbers, but about 20 years smoking with 1-2 packs per day. Jojo and I always said "If there was 'healthy' smoking, we'd be all over it'" Well, here we are.
    Money saved = hahahaha, jury is still out.

3. Cucco

Moving chimney I was! Being an insomniac, I had many hours to smoke. :)

I have not had a cigarette since my first vape! I too, like vaping more! Love your 'Smober Time'! Congrats!

4. perseas

perseas Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
    Basically I copied your post changing the dates, so it's 2 days off, you caught me :D

Corrected version:

Quit Date: 9/12/2011
    Today: 6/30/2014

Smober Time: 2 Years, 6 Months, 24 Days

5. Zbeast08

Zbeast08 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 18, 2013
    Wilson, NC, USA
    Our class was small and alot of fun. The class was Friday evening from 6-10, all day Saturday and Sunday from 8-6. I have ridden motorcycles for years bit never any "formal" instruction! I actually got alot out of this course but most importantly was seeing my wife accomplish something that she has NEVER operated....a motorcycle!! My Paps/Heron was also a topic of conversation as well!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Cucco

Very cool! I too, had never had 'formal' training, and learned things I did not previously know. I passed those things onto my 'lifer' bike friends. After that, a couple of them decided to go take the course too. Plus, they liked the fact they could then get a 'discount' on insurance. :)

7. perseas

Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
    Time for sleep, have a nice night all there :) I will lock once again this thread and reopen the resting place

8. perseas

Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
  9. Cucco

It is so nice to be home! :)

10. StrikeIII

StrikeIII Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2013
    Chicago
    YAY! It's like letting the psych patients back into the rec room. :lol:

11. landman2k1

landman2k1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2013
    McKinney, Texas
    I thought I missed the close of thread 2 for a brief moment this morning, lol. We managed to close this one in 6 months. Wow!! :)

Had my son's 6th birthday party this weekend at a place called Jump Street. It's basically a giant indoor trampoline park. In the words of the great Roger Murtaugh, "I'm too old for this s h * t!" :p

Here's looking forward to part 3!!

12. jpcwon

jpcwon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2014
    North Easton, MA
    Alright guys, 3 more pages....we're on the home stretch now!! :D

13. Cucco

That sounds fun! But, I bet I would be saying the same thing, after I did it! :)

14. Cucco

I know about these things... :)

15. faitaccompli

faitaccompli Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2014
    Fredericksburg, VA
    I guess I am not building my heron correctly as I am constantly getting dry hits with a fluff and cotton build. I may also need to use more fluff (I used like 2.5" long)... I kind of went by the guide in the tips and tricks thread. I also wonder if my coil is just too small (3/32's - 5 wraps 28g) and is constantly choking my cotton wick. Or so it seems. When I build my wicks it is fairly easy to pull the wick through the coil one side to the other. Also, I cannot vape the tank dry... it starts burning up the wick. Doesn't seem to be getting enough juice. Hmmmm.

Looks like I will need to buy more fluff from wherever?? so I can figure this build out.

16. Cucco

I got absolutely no sleep last night. The only thing I accomplished, was a GVC order. But, that was good!

I am trying to pay bills today. Too many bills! Too tired! Getting confused! I am determined to get rid of some of my properties! I am too old and lazy for this .....!

Another beautiful day here, in my part of Florida. Again, record breaking heat and humidity. But.... It's all good! :)

17. yankeebobo

yankeebobo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Western MA
    Less. If you're at 2.5, and dry hitting, try less. As for cotton, stand up the mod and thread the cotton. You should be able to slide the cotton through without resistance while still having the cotton maintain contact with the coil.

18. Dontknow

Dontknow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Devon
    I also use 3/32 coils with cotton wicks - works perfectly for me. Might be fluff not releasing the fluid (too much fluff)? Or maybe choking from the tank to the coil?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. faitaccompli

Jun 10, 2014
    Fredericksburg, VA
    I probably should have clarified... I have gaps between the side wall and fluff in a spot of two and wound up with some gurgle once or twice. crazy to go from gurgle (not bad.. pretty light) to dry hits.

20. faitaccompli

Jun 10, 2014
    Fredericksburg, VA
    I'm not sure... I built my wick the same as I always have for all of my builds. Only very very slight resistance at the coil when pulling side to side (if I go with no resistance I wind up dry hitting as it seems too little) and haven't had any issues on any device with this build. I have a feeling that I am going to have to keep tinkering with it....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.