GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Question for you guys.. there are all kinds of wicking materials out there.. Japanese cottons, cotton bacon, rayon, fiber freaks, kendo cotton, etc etc.. Anyone find a certain wicking material they prefer for the Spheroid v4?
You got to 'select' your preferred material out of that variety. It doesn't matter which atty it goes into.

I play with Shiseido, Lilly's SnC and CC-Rayon, but use the rayon mostly in all my atties.

Reactions: Cucco

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
yeah I always see you using Rayon.. I need to try that stuff.. I been using mainly the japanese cotton pads.. I just really hate the taste of cotton.. If u get things wicking perfect you won't get it, but a lot of times in rba's you get that cotton taste in the beginning. I have to say though the cotton in the nautilus mini.. either the way that thing wicks or the type of cotton used.. U don't get the cotton flavor in that thing. I have some mesh im going to mess with.. I have a feeling it is going to be tricky.. but I will give it a valiant effort.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
yeah I always see you using Rayon.. I need to try that stuff.. I been using mainly the japanese cotton pads.. I just really hate the taste of cotton.. If u get things wicking perfect you won't get it, but a lot of times in RBA's you get that cotton taste in the beginning. I have to say though the cotton in the nautilus mini.. either the way that thing wicks or the type of cotton used.. U don't get the cotton flavor in that thing. I have some mesh im going to mess with.. I have a feeling it is going to be tricky.. but I will give it a valiant effort.
Mesh in the V4 is damn easy.

Reactions: Cucco

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
yeah I always see you using Rayon.. I need to try that stuff.. I been using mainly the japanese cotton pads.. I just really hate the taste of cotton.. If u get things wicking perfect you won't get it, but a lot of times in RBA's you get that cotton taste in the beginning. I have to say though the cotton in the nautilus mini.. either the way that thing wicks or the type of cotton used.. U don't get the cotton flavor in that thing. I have some mesh im going to mess with.. I have a feeling it is going to be tricky.. but I will give it a valiant effort.

The cotton taste is the challenge for some which eventually leads to trial and error with other material as noted. It can be frustrating and I've also felt the pain. I use KGD almost exclusively which I purchase from ebay. For me: no cotton taste, no break in, holds juice like a champ, and wicks great. Produces a great flavor in my vape. I split the pad and then cut to rough size. Then I peel off the other side so both sides have the "fluffy meat" exposed. I only role the tip to insert in the coil. After that it's fluffy fluffy fluffy and sometimes blowing on the cotton will make it more fluffy. Not packed into the base but placed. In the Heron V2 I use a lot of it.

Good luck!
:)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
White's the new color of SPRING :)

Heron v2 Provari Small.jpg

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
Just wanted to say 'Howdy' to my GP Family! To our new family members, I say "Welcome the The Family. Welcome to our Asylum". :)

Still loving my 'X'. Wouldn't vape anything else. Regarding wicking.. I am a KGD fan. Been one, since it came out way back when. Recently, a friend talked me into trying Cotton Bacon. It wicks pretty darn fine.

Hugs and smiles to all!

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I just built my first SS mesh build on the Spheroid v4 and it is fantastic. It was incredibly easy and the taste is just wonderful. I decided to use my same ADV eliquid that's in another Spheroid v4 with a KGD build and the difference is discernible. It's a very moist vape, the way I like it and there's no leakage (yet). Great video Q!

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I just built my fist SS mesh build on the Spheroid v4 and it is fantastic. It was incredibly easy and the taste is just wonderful. I decided to use my same ADV eliquid that's in another Spheroid v4 with a KGD build and the difference is discernible. It's a very moist vape, the way I like it and there's no leakage (yet). Great video Q!
Thanks buddy!

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
I just built my first SS mesh build on the Spheroid v4 and it is fantastic. It was incredibly easy and the taste is just wonderful. I decided to use my same ADV eliquid that's in another Spheroid v4 with a KGD build and the difference is discernible. It's a very moist vape, the way I like it and there's no leakage (yet). Great video Q!

What size coil do you build and do you keep the airflow open all the way? I had to stuff some cotton in the slots because it was gurgling on me. But I keep the air flow very tight.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
What size coil do you build and do you keep the airflow open all the way? I had to stuff some cotton in the slots because it was gurgling on me. But I keep the air flow very tight.

I use 2mm coils in my Spheroid v4s. Unfortunately, the slots weren't blocked enough and I was experiencing some leaking last night. I put my Spheroid standing up on a paper tower overnight and I woke up to find that all of my elqiuid had leaked out. I'm going to try a larger diameter coil tonight and if that doesn't work perhaps a solid wick.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

2,0-2,5 mm coil delivers the best flavour in my opinion. 2,0 mm is better.

No complaints from the owners about vaping indoors? I still almost never do it. Just because I feel like people will birch and moan. I do vape in the movies, though " quietly " gp stuff is better than the mark bugs gem for audibly silent vaping. The gem crackles a lot no matter what but my gp stuff is dead quiet. I've decided Piccoloid is the ultimate movie theatre vape.

Batman v superman and I canoed through it the higher night with the Piccoloid.

By the way. If you like comic books. And you expect a comic book movie. It's a eat movie. If you want to assign pretense and pomp to a batman movie then I guess you'll join in with the others. Don't believe the reviews if you're an actual comic book fan. It's fantastic for us.

I am a comic book fan and I found the scenario of Batman vs Superman needed more work regarding their psychological profiles, the film was fantastic indeed.

Hello my GP Family.. I saw my name mentioned. So very cool. Being thought of, how very nice! Yes, I have been a bit stressed with the political environment. It's nuts out there! I am not 'pro' anyone. But, I get so frustrated with people intentionally trying to prevent the process from playing out as it should. Makes a person think, we have absolutely no input to the process. That makes me sad.

Again.. Thanks for thinking about me! That makes me smile. Sending you all love and smiles. :)

Not only the process of every election, but the whole idea is rigged from the beginning, we don't vote when we need a brain surgeon, or a pilot, but we vote for the destiny of our country ... how absurd!

Much love to you and many hugs :)

An "If you could take only one mod on a desert island ..." thread was started recently on the Aussie vapers forum. After 2 1/2 years, and despite delving heavily into some beautiful squonkers, my answer is still "My GP Paps-X".

So I just wanted to say thanks again to Perseas and the crew :D

You're most welcome my dear :)

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Yeah i believe I am using something very close to a 2.5 now.

To the guy with the stainless mesh.. Try putting a little bit of cotton into the slot to block up the hole. That is what I did. I used very little and put it underneath the mesh. I mean you can watch reviews and everything looks so simple and easy but sometimes when you do it yourself you realize you have to tinker with things and find what works for you. If you don't have a juice control option than its basically being controlled by your wick and air flow.. So you have to end up finding the right amount of everything. I will keep trying different things till i get it to where the flavor is as good as the v2.. my main problem with the previous models was that the cotton after a short while would get flimsy and twist up or not wick as well after a couple of tanks. Sometimes the cotton can get caught on the fluff and get spun around when you are screwing in your deck into the tank. I personally would love if those models had a press fitted tank with o rings or something than the screw on threading... But I would imagine it didn't because it really was designed to be used with silica type wick .. I wonder how cotton yarn or readywick etc would work in the hoop format type wicking.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
We'd love to offer the Spheroid with push fit tank, but with 16 mm OD and the current design with a lid, there is no room for O-rings around the deck.
I am actually happy that you didn't. The amount of battering my Spheroids take (being the most used outdoors atty) that one feature makes me feel totally safe to be careless about it :D

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Another thing I found that works good for stainless mesh on the Spheroid v4 when it comes to flooding/gurgling.. Take a very thin needle like a sewing needle and stick it inside one of the outside folds in your mesh wick at the opening and bend the mesh outward to flare out to cover the open gaps. I did this and its not leaking and vaping better than when I stuffed the cotton in there.

As far as the screw in design..Yeah I see your points.. Im just saying for cotton builds I think it would have been better for me personally.. But the v4 makes it a mute point now anyway.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
if the cotton is twisting on itself when screwing on the spheroid tube, the tails are too long or the ends need “grooming”. What I mean by grooming is if the tails are extremely fluffy, then the top edges may be all that twist on itself.
Since giving that extra care, I’ve not had it twist on me.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
Another thing I found that works good for stainless mesh on the Spheroid v4 when it comes to flooding/gurgling.. Take a very thin needle like a sewing needle and stick it inside one of the outside folds in your mesh wick at the opening and bend the mesh outward to flare out to cover the open gaps. I did this and its not leaking and vaping better than when I stuffed the cotton in there.

I tried this last night - no leaking for me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread