GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Was in a local vape shop today and the customers and employee were absolutely fawning over and blown away by the piccoloid which is my go to device out and about now that I found. A perfect build. They couldn't get over how seamless and cool it was.

@perseus you know that video of the pnb you have up on Vimeo? Are there any further discussions about the polishing cloths used to get a brushed and mirror finish ? The kit makes it easy it would seem but I'm not sure if I should just use a sunshine cloth to strip scratches and scuffs or what grain sandpaper was used etc ? Are you still allowing people to send in for refinish ? That may be something I'd like to have done on the piccoloid while it's still available, if it is. Otherwise can you recall any refinishing discussion? I have the pnb, ordered a while ago.

Thank you for the feedback! No refinishing service will be offered for a while. Our polisher is ill. There are a few pictorials posted on the tips and tricks thread regarding the PnB and another video tutorial too.

Reactions: h00ligan

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Different subject but if anybody can help.
When I've cleaned the Heron, the only way I can take the bell and the tank apart is by putting a lot of pressure and just pushing the bell off of the tank. I don't want to ruin this piece and so is that the way the tank and bell should be taken apart? It's just very snug fit with the orings. Thanks

I use the GP Fork to remove the bell with all Heron versions, easy peasy!

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Thanks Perseas. But how?
Maybe I've used the wrong terminology for the pieces. These are the two I want to get apart.
IMG_0367.JPG

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thanks Perseas. But how?
Maybe I've used the wrong terminology for the pieces. These are the two I want to get apart.
View attachment 645851

Just put the Fork inside the tube and push it with your hand or press it on a hard surface. It will raise the bell from one side. Place the Fork on the other side and repeat.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Perfect. Thanks Perseas. Admittedly though, I feel after time I'll scratch the insides that way. Not a big deal at all though.

BTW, I didn't want to bother you again but as your here ;)
Any joy with the V4s? Are you building up your list of interest?
How about the new heron and spheroid, just a dream?

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Perfect. Thanks Perseas. Admittedly though, I feel after time I'll scratch the insides that way. Not a big deal at all though.

BTW, I didn't want to bother you again but as your here ;)
Any joy with the V4s? Are you building up your list of interest?
How about the new heron and spheroid, just a dream?

A wooden utensil will also do the job without fear of scratching anything. We are still collecting data from the list of interest. Next week we are testing another prototype of Heron v3. The Spheroid v5 is still a project but not for the near future.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Yup.. Was still using the CC from Jake at NN. I am going to purchase the base VG w/6 mg nicotine. They said to start with 4% flavor, and .5% Erythritol. I was not aware of the Erythritol. I may not need it. I assume I need to steep? How? And, how long?

Erythritol is used as a sweetener that doesn't grunge coils like most other sweeteners do, and is more stable than them. Jake sells it in 5% solution if you want to add sweet to your mix "to your tastes" (IOW .5% is not a given, you may like less, you may like more).

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Hi Cucco... if you're getting into mixing your own I'd highly recommend https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/index.php?threads/336110/.

It's a very long read, there are a lot of techniques, and it's not limited to TFA flavorings (although that's how it began and where it continues to go).

It has helped me a lot and I hope it helps you too.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
@Cucco
Only just read your posts after reading ^^^
For me, I've made juices for almost as long as I've vaped. Maybe a couple months in. It's so easy and you'll be amazed at the prices that companies come up with when you make yours for pennies. They taste very similar when you get it right (not amazing imo), people seem to forever go on about the beautiful flavours they get but I guess I have a dull palate.

I have steeped in pretty much every way and although they taste better after a while it is far from a 'night and day' experience for me.
Remove the lid and leave your juice in a dark space like the cupboard. Some juices just a week, but some, like custards, get better after a long time (month/s).
Edit; give 'em a shake when you can

I buy premium juices every now and then just to see if I'm still correct, it seems I am :(

Good luck with yours though :thumb:

Last edited:

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I forgot, I don't know if somebody has already said this but when you are comfortable with a mix go ahead adding nic as normal, but when it is a new flavour I have found its best to test the flavour on a dripper before I add my nic. That way, if the flavours horrible at least you haven't wasted nicone.
I start with 10ml and when the mix is right, just times it by 10 and mix it in the 100ml bottle.

At least, it works for me that way.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have done DIY for just shy of 4 years, and have tried most of the so called "best" ways to age my joose. Each in turn was the best way yet, or so I thought. Some of my especially bad choices included excessive shaking, venting, streathing, ultrasonic and sawsall that ALL compromise/degrade flavor (and for those who use it nicotine) via evaporation and oxidation. What I didn't try is the actual best and fastest way, a lab grade homogenizer ($1000-$5000+). Next best is time itself.

My refined method for some time now has been to portion recipe ingredients into glassware, gently stir, bottle with no/very little trapped air and leave it in a cool dark place undisturbed. So no shaking schedule, no venting or streathing, just let it rest. For how long depends on what's in the recipe. I have recipes that are make and vape, others that can take weeks to months to round out.

A note about stirring verses shaking... I make my DIY's in capped glassware filled to very near full, and very gently stir them on a magnetic stir plate at room temperature until just blended. It does not incorporate air into the mix or overly stresses the flavor volitiles like shaking does.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
A note about stirring verses shaking

I have tried both, for me, a bit like James Bond...
'Shaken, not stirred'.

I think in time you will try most, if not every suggestion for DIY and everyone seems to have a variation.
I can afford to shake, to stir, to leave, cap on, cap off, crock pot, leave no time at all, on the hob with water... but I could not afford or use a 'lab grade homogenizer' so I couldn't say.

Just read the forums and try some different ways, eventually you'll find what works for you.

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have tried both, for me, a bit like James Bond...
'Shaken, not stirred'.

I think in time you will try most (if not every) suggestion for DIY and everyone seems to have a variation.
I can afford to shake, to stir, to leave, cap on, cap off, crock pot, leave no time at all, on the hob with water... but I could not afford or use a 'lab grade homogenizer' so I couldn't say.

Just read the forums and try some different ways, eventually you'll find what works for you.

The methods I use now days are the ones I'll always be staying with, they work perfect for my uses. Same with how I have always stored my large batches that back up the 30ml blunt tip bottles I drip and fill gear reservoirs with... in sealed glass bottles full to the top in the refrigerator & freezer where they'll stay viable for at least 2 years or more.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I found the combo I'm going to use from now on for dripping some of my DIY's in the GP Dripper Pro on a TC mod. Using it with the Ultem 510 DT adapter, a big bore tapered Syner SS DT on a Pico 75W TC mod. I really like the compactness with an 18650 high drain battery, can just carry it and a Luer Lock blunt tip bottle for dripping it in a shirt pocket.
gpdp-pico.jpg

But I have also dug out a GP PAPS 2.1, 2 GP PAPS V3's and another of my GP PAPS X's to start using again off and on with some of my 22mm HE RDA's and RTA's, and the other Senio Dripper on the X. So 5 of my 11 GP tube mods back in service (but I will not be using any of the Herons, Spheroids or SnP's). These mods will not see a lot of use, but I guess some use out of them is better than the no use they've seen for years.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hello everyone!!! Nice to see some old faces showing up.

Is there a possibility of any Spheroid V4 being available any time? or just jumping into the V5.

We have a few ones almost ready. We'll wait for a few more responses and then we'll start making them.

GP Series stock Update 25-3 2017

screen-capture-16.png

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Since everyone is offering their experience with DIY, I will too. YMMV.

1. I don't steep or age any of my DIY liquids since I start vaping them almost immediately and only make in batches that will last me two to four weeks (100 - 200ml). with only a couple of exceptions.

2. Those exceptions are flavors dissolved in alcohol (needs to be aired out a bit unless you like the increased throat hit), tobacco (needs to be aged, but I no longer vape tobacco flavors) and some creams (will mellow over the course of a couple of days after mixing).

3. Unless you have very expensive, lab-grade equipment, there's a pretty significant margin of error when mixing (by volume or weight) no matter how careful you are. I mix by volume with syringes.

4. When mixing a new flavor recipe from scratch it almost never comes out exactly as you think it will but it occasionally will come out surprisingly good... then you adjust.

5. If you've read through the link I posted, you'll notice a 100 drop test for approximating flavor profiles in any new recipe. it works well and I'd recommend it.

6. For sweetener, I use TFA's cotton candy flavor (ethyl maltol). It generally vapes sweet but doesn't taste sweet if that makes any sense. using it doesn't overly gunk up your coils (although ALL liquids I've vaped create some kind of gunk after awhile). for sweet taste I rely on vg.

7. Storage of your component ingredients is key, especially with nicotine. Keep in a cool, dark, non-reactive container (glass) with as little air as possible. I find my flavors last (in PG) last for a long time even with air in the bottles.

8. I've found that I can store components rather indefinitely and they only start to change when I mix them into a finished liquid in a ready to use container. I usually keep my all day vape liquids mixed in a flavor-only glass jar 120ml. when I need more liquid, I just mix one completed flavor with nic, pg, vg, and go.

9. Pre-mixed/finished flavors are usually the only single-flavor mixes I make. Otherwise, most recipes have a primary flavor, one or more secondary flavors, and a cream. I was surprised to learn about the cream. it's good to have a number of cream options on hand. vanilla is especially useful, too.

10. DIY is very rewarding if you have the knack for experimentation/testing. Recipes change with different ratios of pg/vg and devices but after awhile you learn what adjustments to make just for your taste, desired vg/pg ratio, and even the power/temp you vape at.

11. when I'm experimenting, I keep an atty that's easy to clean/wick for testing. I generally use a Heron for that (without a topper and no fluff) just to be able to test a few drops at a time.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Hello my friend!

Please send tomorrow an email and Miro will look at it.
Hi P,

I sent the email as directed but haven't yet received a response. I used the contact form submission on the website but should I have mailed to a specific address instead?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread