GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
I think most of us are around, but still kinda "in shock" with all things pending.

Ive been looking and looking and looking at the Vapourart site trying to figure out what I want vs what I need.

I know I need some of the screws for my PAPs V4 switches. I recently figured out that there are 2 different screws for it, which explains why one of my 2 switches , ordered at different times is more picky and autofires and the other one does not. Ive been racking my brain taking them apart , cleaning, looking and now I realized that one is shorter. Im so confused though I cant remember if I need another couple shorter ones or longer ones, so I will have to buy a couple of each, just to be sure.

I was on the fence for a PAPs V4 and kept talking myself out of it, then of course after it was too late, I saw that I could have bought a whole V4 for the price of the switch. I kick myself everytime I go to VapourArt.

I also am in turmoil over getting the Spheroid V4. I LOVED the older versions, actually still love the older ones aesthetically more, but they were so hard for me to take apart. I even had one purchased from Dicodes USA, but back out when I remembered why I did not keep the others. My hands are just so painful and stupid, I did not want to purchase it, then be reminded how my hands are such rubbish.

Oh well, my hands and the GP atomizers never got along, but I do LOVE them and can at least enjoy my GP mods. I might have to order a PAPs V4 and some bits and pieces so I can continue to use them for a few years to come.
I'm just trying to keep my beloved equipment alive. my overall favorite is the Heron v1 (although I never upgraded to the v1.5 base).

The paps v4 switches are the best period. I'm kicking myself for not ordering another v4 when I could since I can't find the top cap for my first one!

when I need a top cap my TiX works just fine :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I'm just trying to keep my beloved equipment alive. my overall favorite is the Heron v1 (although I never upgraded to the v1.5 base).

The paps v4 switches are the best period. I'm kicking myself for not ordering another v4 when I could since I can't find the top cap for my first one!

when I need a top cap my TiX works just fine :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Ive found that this hybrid top works perfect ( at least in 18500 ) with my PAPs.

Reactions: qorax

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
@perseas.
I'm sure you know that we only have until the 19th to buy certain things here in the UK. I don't know whether the spheroid will be affected. I am waiting on you guys though, will you be posting preorders for both the V4s before the 19th?

Thanks.
If have never even seen a V4. I am hoping one will be my 4th GP mod soon... :)

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Good luck @BreSha6869 i hope we both get one, after I ruined my own :facepalm:

It is such a good mod. Top drawer. Something I forgot when I popped to the shop and dropped it on the concrete :(

I must admit though, if it comes down to the wire, all is fair in love and war. That V4 has my name on it
:evil:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Good luck @BreSha6869 i hope we both get one, after I ruined my own :facepalm:

It is such a good mod. Top drawer. Something I forgot when I popped to the shop and dropped it on the concrete :(

I must admit though, if it comes down to the wire, all is fair in love and war. That V4 has my name on it
:evil:
I love both of my GP Lux mods and my 3.5, but a v4 would nicely round out my collection. I have 4 HoH, 4 Nemesis, 4 Gus.... But only 3 GP's.:grr:

First world problems! :D

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I love both of my GP Lux mods and my 3.5, but a v4 would nicely round out my collection. I have 4 HoH, 4 Nemesis, 4 Gus.... But only 3 GP's.:grr:

First world problems! :D

OMG, You NEED that 4th or youre gonna have to let me take that pesky 3rd , "odd man out" off your hands so you can sleep at night :D

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
OMG, You NEED that 4th or youre gonna have to let me take that pesky 3rd , "odd man out" off your hands so you can sleep at night :D
I know right?

@perseas, don't let me have an odd number of authentic tube mechs... I really NEED a V4.... ;)
:p

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Papsv3, Spheroid, Small.jpg

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I've got an issue with the switch of one of my paps4. The switch is prodtruding just enough that it sometimes fires when it is not locked. Probably I made some mistake at reassembly. Disassembled and reassembled again. Still no luck. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Same thing happened to me dude. I misfired with headphones on and ruined a battery.
Take it all apart and make sure everything's sitting flush and the flathead connection is tight enough.
Make sure you haven't put the slightly larger flathead screw in the switch.

Personally, I had put the delrin insulator upside down and the wrong flathead in the switch. Make sure the grooves of the insulator are facing upwards.
Kinda counter intuitive for popping it out for cleaning but it makes sense and allows for venting I think. Can't quite remember

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I have 2 of the V4 switches. I had no idea there were different screws. I have one switch that is kinda fiddly, it autofires with some of my batteries. The other one is perfect. I do notice there is a difference in the throw. I keep forgetting to order some of the screws and since I dont know which is which I need to order a pair of each, for the future.

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
Same thing happened to me dude. I misfired with headphones on and ruined a battery.
Take it all apart and make sure everything's sitting flush and the flathead connection is tight enough.

Personally, I had put the delrin insulator upside down and the wrong flathead in the switch. Make sure the grooves of the insulator are facing upwards.
Kinda counter intuitive for popping it out for cleaning but it makes sense and allows for venting I think. Can't quite remember

Thanks, I will disassemble again in the evening and have a look at the insulator and the screw.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI

This.

There are two different insulators/spacers and two different screws to accommodate slight variations in battery dimensions (this is why most of my batteries match now) and different throw lengths for the switch... which is also adjustable from the gpin end as well.

If your v4 misfires suddenly (not autofire), check to make sure that the switch screw is tightened all the way. I'd also recommend locking the switch in your pocket. [emoji5]

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hello GP family, I hope you are all great :)

I have good news and bad news.

I'll start with the bad ones: the Spheroid v4 bases were found to be 15,5 mm in diameter due to an operator's error, so we shall remake them. Since this is the most time consuming part of the atty, the scheduled Vapourday for pre-orders in May will be delayed for June.

The good news is that the amount of responses justify the production, so we have already started make them!
The result of the poll:

Poll_2017.png

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I've got an issue with the switch of one of my paps4. The switch is prodtruding just enough that it sometimes fires when it is not locked. Probably I made some mistake at reassembly. Disassembled and reassembled again. Still no luck. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

I have 2 of the V4 switches. I had no idea there were different screws. I have one switch that is kinda fiddly, it autofires with some of my batteries. The other one is perfect. I do notice there is a difference in the throw. I keep forgetting to order some of the screws and since I dont know which is which I need to order a pair of each, for the future.

The correct way of assembling is crucial for this mod, because the tolerance is very tight (0,03 mm). You need to tighten the negative post with the screwdriver AND AT THE SAME TIME to use the GP Fork as a leverage, while the locking ring must be FULLY turned in locked position.

Otherwise, the side pin will block the button to seat below the surface of the locking ring and it will extrude slightly resulting in firing on vertical position, even when it is locked.

The switch parts fit like a clock, everything has to be placed at an exact position. Please follow the instructions of assembling the switch from the video guide reference when you assemble it. You can omit the part of taking apart the switch as it's described in the video and follow a faster approach. You set the locking ring in the locked position and push the button with your finger and at the same time unscrew the switch; no need to remove the negative contact beforehand.

Every GP PAPS v4 comes with a second negative screw which offers a longer throw and it is recommended for longer batteries (out of specs). The 2 provided insulators differ by 0,1 mm and they are appropriate for different brands of batteries. The combination of the 2 negative screws, the 2 insulators and the different pins of the GPin, make the v4 able to accommodate over 40 brands of batteries in 18350-500-650 sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread