Happy Holidays from IKV (Stock Update + SPECIALS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Modocom, did an in depth test on rechargeable's over at ECF, I want to say his results were something in the range of .01% drain over a month? It was really an insignificant amount of parasitic draw that these batteries see. I'll see if I can find it later on today.
I've got four 14500's but only one has any real run time left in it, I've deep cycled them too many times it seems, or they are just flat old?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
It was Silverfox, my bad! Took a bit longer to find than I thought, and life happened, but here you go: Li-Ion Self Discharge Rate Test

Thanks Saw.

Here is some interesting facts I found on the Battery University Web page.

Aging is a concern with most lithium-ion batteries and many manufacturers remain silent about this issue. Some capacity deterioration is noticeable after one year, whether the battery is in use or not. The battery frequently fails after two or three years. It should be noted that other chemistries also have age-related degenerative effects. This is especially true for nickel-metal-hydride if exposed to high ambient temperatures. At the same time, lithium-ion packs are known to have served for five years in some applications.

Storage in a cool place slows the aging process of lithium-ion (and other chemistries). Manufacturers recommend storage temperatures of 15°C (59°F). In addition, the battery should be partially charged during storage. The manufacturer recommends a 40% charge.

The most economical lithium-ion battery in terms of cost-to-energy ratio is the cylindrical 18650 (size is 18mm x 65.2mm). This cell is used for mobile computing and other applications that do not demand ultra-thin geometry. If a slim pack is required, the prismatic lithium-ion cell is the best choice. These cells come at a higher cost in terms of stored energy.

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
CHRLITE_zpsbc2d0c43.gif

I have to agree. I ordered on Monday Night and got one of those stocking stuffers for a friend. The Christmas party is tomorrow morning and I didn't think it would make it in time but I forgot who was behind my order, It is here, IN TIME for the party and it is the cutest little Ego I ever saw. Got a case and the whole thing is pink. She's going to be so happy and I know I am so happy. You just can't get customer service any better than that.
Thank You so very, very much my friend. You are the absolute, #1, Best.

ATT00002.gif

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
CHRLITE_zpsbc2d0c43.gif

Is the sale still on? I'm adding the IKV Mini eGo Platinum 2.0 Kit to my cart and it is listed as $19.99 on the product page, but $29.99 in my cart. Is that working as intended?
I think that has something to do with Volusion and I'm sure they're still $19.99 because they were meant for stocking stuffers. He will probable log on, see this and change the price. Or you could E-mail him Legion.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
are the 510 cartos all the same diameter? Is the tank just for the whatever # smaller cartos? The names are nonsensical and I don't get it.

Is there one made for a regular 510 tank? I've looked but I'm tired of decyphering.
CHRLITE_zpsbc2d0c43.gif

The 510 Fusion and the Mega Fusion are for longer tanks as is the Mega 808 and the Mega Platinum. Plus any other Megas I missed. The regular Fusion and Lr, the regular 510s, platinums and lr, plus any normal (not Mega) will fit the shorter tanks. They all have the same diameter just the length is different on the Megas and the 510 Fusion right now. A new shorter 510 Fusion is in the works. The Fusion tank is too long for the regular sized cartos. There is a shorter one of those in the works too.

Last edited:

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
are the 510 cartos all the same diameter? Is the tank just for the whatever # smaller cartos? The names are nonsensical and I don't get it.

Is there one made for a regular 510 tank? I've looked but I'm tired of decyphering.

Make sure that you don't get the black cartomizers, buy only the silver ones.
The black cartos have a paper cover, you don't want that soaking in the juice, also they won't slide into the tank.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Make sure that you don't get the black cartomizers, buy only the silver ones.
The black cartos have a paper cover, you don't want that soaking in the juice, also they won't slide into the tank.
CHRLITE_zpsbc2d0c43.gif

Sometimes it's necessary to run them because of stock shortage but with a little cleaning the paper comes off to reveal the same great carto.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Just want to say thanks for getting my last order out so quickly! And for all the extras!!
That ego mini might end up as my new movie theater/airplane device :)
I'm looking forward to checking out these latest versions of the i06 and 901 - my current ones are going strong despite a couple months of fairly heavy use. Whatever problem I had with attys dieing quickly on me seems to have resolved itself :)

Genesis and rebuildables might be all the rage these days, but there will always be a need for high quality, reasonably priced attys (and cartomizers!) from vendors that treat their customers right. BRAVO!!!

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I've been reading many posts about people having problems with the genesis. One guy said he was getting rid of his. I tried some of the first ones but like someone else said. Why go to all that extra trouble for a vape that isn't any better. I think they are meant for people that don't want to buy attys. They started out washing cartos and yes, when I first started I did too.:facepalm: But whatever, each to their own. That's why it's nice having so many different choices. Myself it's easier for me to use them till they're done and toss them.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
I have good luck with genesis setups and I kinda like the tinkering, so I plan to use mine for years - but overall I can't see the craze lasting for more than another year. There will always be some around, but most people won't want to mess with them when you can just buy an i06 instead.
I'd find it annoying if I had build every atty I used. I'm always surprised when I see someone say they are going 'all rebuildable'. I think we'll see a lot of people coming back to high quality regular atties in the next several months. A well-functioning atty-tank would make the process even quicker.

I tried to wash one carto. While it was drying I figured out that I had no patience for that! And it still looked yucky. :) I don't mind spending a little to not smoke :)

eta: I just saw iken's tank-atty project is back in stock.... might need to make another order!

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Just want to say thanks for getting my last order out so quickly! And for all the extras!!
That ego mini might end up as my new movie theater/airplane device :)
I'm looking forward to checking out these latest versions of the i06 and 901 - my current ones are going strong despite a couple months of fairly heavy use. Whatever problem I had with attys dieing quickly on me seems to have resolved itself :)

Genesis and rebuildables might be all the rage these days, but there will always be a need for high quality, reasonably priced attys (and cartomizers!) from vendors that treat their customers right. BRAVO!!!
Your very welcome! I'm so glad that your enjoying it! I'm slowly getting into the rebuildable game, but I want to do it right. Where as your normal atty is fine right out of the box. That is what I want to do with the rebuilds. I want the user to simply snap in and go. I can appreciate what you say about tinkering around as I'm an android fanatic so there's two fantastic rebuildable makers from Hungary and Greece that plan on establishing ground with us for the true DYI'ers. i had seen the Chinese market is flooding with rebuilds now, but for equipment as delicate as this, the choices are crucial. best i can say is stay tuned my friend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread