How do you get your IKV cartos to last for so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Hey, newbie to IKV cartos here. Recently ordered my first couple packs of 501 Mega Fusion SR's Punched for use in my 22mm IBtanked / Vamo setup. Let me first say that I'm very pleased with the flavour and vapor from these cartos, where I'm confused however is that I'd been reading that people are having their IKV cartos last for weeks on end and am so far only getting about 5 days maximum out of them in my tank setup. I'm vaping bounty hunter from NLV at about 4-5 volts.

For my next order I'm thinking of trying the 510 platinum punched SR V2's, suggestions?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Hey, newbie to IKV cartos here. Recently ordered my first couple packs of 501 Mega Fusion SR's Punched for use in my 22mm IBtanked / Vamo setup. Let me first say that I'm very pleased with the flavour and vapor from these cartos, where I'm confused however is that I'd been reading that people are having their IKV cartos last for weeks on end and am so far only getting about 5 days maximum out of them in my tank setup. I'm vaping bounty hunter from NLV at about 4-5 volts.

For my next order I'm thinking of trying the 510 platinum punched SR V2's, suggestions?

Juice, Vaping style, preferences, etc. a lot comes into play for how long they last. I've had a box of 5 last me 5 days and I've had one last me 2 mo. . If I get one day I'm happy because that means I'm spending $10.00 for 5 days vapimg and a pack at $8.00 only lasted one day. I usually get 2 weeks on one. I use 100% pg.
As I posted before, I gave a lady 5 boxes of 510s and she was looking for more by the end of the week. I would hate to have her vapiong preferences.

Last edited:

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Juice, Vaping style, preferences, etc. a lot comes into play for how long they last. I've had a box of 5 last me 5 days and I've had one last me 2 mo. . If I get one day I'm happy because that means I'm spending $10.00 for 5 days vapimg and a pack at $8.00 only lasted one day. I usually get 2 weeks on one. I use 100% pg.
As I posted before, I gave a lady 5 boxes of 510s and she was looking for more by the end of the week. I would hate to have her vapiong preferences.

Thanks for the response. The liquid I'm using (bounty hunter) is 35% vg and is definitely on the more sugary end of e-liquids, just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Any key differences to the platinums I should know about?

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I'll never forget that story my friend. I ran into a customer just yesterday that has to discard her current boge's on a daily basis and was hoping that ours were going to perform superior. I mentioned she will probably get at least 5 days of use with ours but also suggested to look into the liquid. Can you imagine? One day per carto. Boge classic or not, that's terrible.
Thanks for the response. The liquid I'm using (bounty hunter) is 35% vg and is definitely on the more sugary end of e-liquids, just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Any key differences to the platinums I should know about?
Hi Diox,
Are by chance getting a clogged feel towards the end of your fifth day? If you are. You are watching the sweeteners work, what happens to the liquid is that you apply heat to it and use it, then when not in use it cools down and then the liquid gets reactivated again when you apply heat again. This is a process, what happens is from the Sweetners entering this process, the contents will start to sludge up leaving thick nasty residue that will suffocate the coils as it envelopes it. This causes the heat to have no place to escape except for inside itself while simultaneously clogging the airflow.

kbalz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Kentucky Florence Y'All
I'm having a similar problem. First I think these cartos are the cats ..., was having great results with them for some time now with one l.r. fusion lasting about a month. But I have falling on bad times lately. I can't even get one to last a day now or even one tank of juice, l.r. and standard. Works good for about half tank and then get burnt taste , or it will constantly flood. I haven't changed juice , the juice I use has no sweeteners added and I haven't changed the way I prime them either. This has happened to me on the last 4 or 5 so any advice or suggestions is appreciated.

kbalz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Kentucky Florence Y'All
It's the luck of the draw. I've gone through a box in 5 days and I've gotten a month out of one. There is no set time on them but on average I get 2 weeks on one.

So with that logic if I was to only buy one box and they all failed within one tank of juice , my average would be 2 days for a box. Thats horrible luck. Wasnt really buying these on the hopes of getting lucky and having one last 2 weeks and the rest fail in a few hours.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I've had an amazing almost 4 months out of a tanked fusion with my peppermint which is a clear joose.

That's just it. Everyone has different styles of vaping, levels of voltage, the kind of juice they use, and how they fill them. That all comes into play determining the longevity of whatever carto you use. There is no set guaranteed time on how long they last. I had one of my other tanks (not Fusion) work great tank after tank. Then I filled it with some juice I hardly ever use and it got bad within the hr.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Right now I'm about a quarter of the way through my second tank of Bobas with a mega platinum v2. Primed with the ibtanked thingy and refilled using the drip tip method (pushing carto down with drip tip just far enough to drip liquid down the side into the tank). In all my experience this method has worked the best. The only downside is that without the flange on these cartos this method of priming and refilling can be a little dodgy. Leaving the carto screwed into your device when refilling helps though.

Bobas usually craps out my cartos really quick so I'm curious to see how long this one will go for. Using standard resistance and vaping at 5 volts.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Well about halfway through that 2nd tank I started to get a pretty funky taste (as usual with bobas), it tasted kinda metallic though which I hadn't had before, weird. I'd say I vaped about 7 ml's through the plat v2 before it got bad enough to toss out which is better performance than I've ever had before with Bobas Bounty personally. Back in vaporous glory with the mega fusion now and NLV Gold. All in all these do seem to be very enduring cartomizers. Will have to pick up some of Ikenvapes RY4 with my next order of cartos assuming it's back in stock.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I had a Fusion yesterday that I put on that the draw was tighter than I care for so I tossed it. Sometimes I get odd service out of one or two but that's not the norm. That happens with mass production. I just figured in the long run I'm way ahead of the game because they normally last so long.
Glad you're getting good service out of yours. I love his RY4 Gold.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
A while back, I got in the habit of changing mine every Thursday night. I hate to get to the clogged point, and I seem to get a week with no problem.

Well it was a bad day all abound. I put in the new Fusion. It was too tight on the draw (unusual) and while trying to get it to draw right I dumped a whole tank of juice. Then on the next one I dumped another tank of juice so I was very careful on the next one. With my IKV DBox Pyrex PuriTank I don't have to worry about that.

pyro12

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
Definitely not getting the same life out if the 2.0 as before.

Has anyone tried boiling these carto's for about 30 minutes and then setting them somewhere warm for a week or so to dry out? Maybe that would clean the atty some...

Or would it destroy the filler?

When they're good, I can't put them down. RY4 Gold in a 3.0 ohm Fusion when it's just 'blasting' is heaven.

I would say after about 15mL the hit fades and the flavor starts to get tainted.

How long I keep using them after they start to fade is inversely proportional to how many I have left...

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Heh, just opened up what was a 5 pack to change one out and this one is a 1.0 with the smaller hole! Does this mean he made the switch in the middle of filling my last order? Did I get the LAST 1.0 ???
Sometimes they put the cartos in the wrong box at the factory, if I'm understanding you correctly. If there's a problem with your order email them and let them know. They will take care of you.

pyro12

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
Sometimes they put the cartos in the wrong box at the factory, if I'm understanding you correctly. If there's a problem with your order email them and let them know. They will take care of you.

No, there's no problem at all. I just thought my last order had come with the newer batch with the bigger punch holes and it turns out I got a mix of large punches and smaller punches.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
No, there's no problem at all. I just thought my last order had come with the newer batch with the bigger punch holes and it turns out I got a mix of large punches and smaller punches.

You probably got what was left of the first batch and then the new batch. I'm sure when stock comes in they just put it in it's appropriate place with the stock that's remaining. So which do you like the best? The new ones or the old ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread