How do you get your IKV cartos to last for so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
5cardstud, what's the PG/VG ratio of these pg tobacco gold and ry4 that you're using?

I believe they are 100% pg. I know if there is VG in it there can't be much.

Yeah, I think I need more observable experience. But, I'm a chocolate lover and it seems that the two chocolate vapes I've used degrade the equipment they're vaped on quicker than other flavors I use.

I've got some chocolate I tried and it is hard on cartos. The real dark juice tends to plug up the batting in them faster than the lighter juice. Then theres the sugars that arent good on the coils. Just my observance.

Last edited:

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
United States
NOOB ALERT!!

I am completely confused by Isaac's instructions. By "top cap," do you mean the tiny round, white piece of rubber attached to the top of the carto? That stays in the carto and just gets pushed down by the drip tip, correct? Hope so, 'cause that's what I've been doing!

I tried Isaac's method, and ruined the darned carto. I got nothing but a nasty taste after pulling on it without power, and now my ProVari lists the atty as "OP" when I test it. The ProVari help file doesn't list what that means, but I think it means "Operator [is a] Putz." I tried adding several drops to the top of the carto, but no joy.

Any chance the carto can be revived, or is she dead?

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    NOOB ALERT!!

I am completely confused by Isaac's instructions. By "top cap," do you mean the tiny round, white piece of rubber attached to the top of the carto? That stays in the carto and just gets pushed down by the drip tip, correct? Hope so, 'cause that's what I've been doing!

I tried Isaac's method, and ruined the darned carto. I got nothing but a nasty taste after pulling on it without power, and now my ProVari lists the atty as "OP" when I test it. The ProVari help file doesn't list what that means, but I think it means "Operator [is a] Putz." I tried adding several drops to the top of the carto, but no joy.

You remove the white end plug if you're using a drip tip. Can't help ya with the pv.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    How do you get your IKV cartos to last for so long?
    Simple, just leave them in the box.
    biglaugh.gif

Sorry, I just had to do that.

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    NOOB ALERT!!

Aye, She sounds dead captain :(
    What was happening was: by pressing the white plug into the cartomizer with the driptip, you were compressing the components and inadvertently suffocating the unit. Air flow is Huge in all atties and cartos. Take the Fusion line for example, Exact same parts but the 801 size gave us enough room to fully modify the air flow and even though it seems minor to the eye, the proof is in the performance.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    Well, I'm a duffus. Still, I've been getting a *week* out of these cartos!

Aye, She sounds dead captain :(
    What was happening was: by pressing the white plug into the cartomizer with the driptip, you were compressing the components and inadvertently suffocating the unit. Air flow is Huge in all atties and cartos. Take the Fusion line for example, Exact same parts but the 801 size gave us enough room to fully modify the air flow and even though it seems minor to the eye, the proof is in the performance.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    Whoa. Just put in a fresh LR carto the RIGHT way, and used Isaac's method to prime it. I'll say it again.... WHOA!!! I did fold a little bit, a dropped three drops on the top of the carto, and pulled on it "cold" until I had gotten 6 or 7 bubbles. I don't even really like the flavor of this juice I'm using (trying to get rid of it). I'm getting two or three times the amount of vape, and the flavor doesn't quite suck! One more time... WHOOOOOOOOA!!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    Whoa. Just put in a fresh LR carto the RIGHT way, and used Isaac's method to prime it. I'll say it again.... WHOA!!! I did fold a little bit, a dropped three drops on the top of the carto, and pulled on it "cold" until I had gotten 6 or 7 bubbles. I don't even really like the flavor of this juice I'm using (trying to get rid of it). I'm getting two or three times the amount of vape, and the flavor doesn't quite suck! One more time... WHOOOOOOOOA!!

That's absolutely wonderful. I love it when everything comes together.

ColoKaren

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2013
    United States
    Pyro,

I just brought a couple back to life, and I'm very impressed with the performance. I flushed out the cartos with tap water until I couldn't smell the juice, then dropped these (separately) into "thingies" I got with my tanks from IBTanked (these are the tubes w/lids they ship the tanks in), and filled em up with white vinegar. I shook them vigorously for a few minutes, until the vinegar turned color, then ran hot water through the cartos, blew them out, then soaked them in a distilled water bath for about an hour. Fired one of those up tonight using Isaac's method + 3 drops into the top of the carto, and they're *really* close to tasting like new. There's just a slight loss in vape and the flavor is slightly muted. (Sorry Isaac, but I need something to hold me over between batches!!)

Well, after a week of experimenting, I can't say that the air pressure from popping the lid down makes any difference at all for me. I'm getting about the same life out of the Fusions as before - I'm just wasting a few drops of juice as it gets pushed up and out of the carto....

I did try boiling a "bad" carto and leaving it to sit in front of a fan for a few days to dry things out. After a disappointing 15 minutes - the thing came back to life! Not so much in the "power of the puff" sense, but in the pure, clean taste of my beloved RY4.

I don't think anything beats a brand new Fusion - but, alas, it'll only last about 10 mL and then it's all about how long you can wait to fire up a new one...

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 21, 2013
    I got 11 days on my first IKV Fusion LR and probably could have gotten more. The ohms went upto 2.0ohm from 1.7-1.8 and i did not want to risk it since it was time to fill the tank again....not bad imo for that juice. Its 70PG/30VG banana nut bread which is sweet but semi clear.

Ive got one still going strong (need to look up the date) i filled a day or two after the first. Its also 70PG/30VG, kinda clear but not quite as sweet. Its a mix of a local B&M Mango juice 12mg and some very clear LIQUA Strawberry 18mg (trying to cut down on the nic). This one is still working great and its probably been 3 weeks, I will double check the date after this post.

EDIT
    Yep, i filled this one on 11-06-2013 and im sure its been through close to 30ml or a little more.

I do have one complaint on the 3rd one. It made my Blueberry Waffle 40PG/60VG nearly overpoweringly flavorful. :D It did the same thing to a 70PG/30VG blueberry cream. The flavor is so intense im going to need to thin it down or make a special order next time on my juice. The cream part is just too much now so i mixed it with some straight blueberry juice but the cream part is still overpowering. :D

Thank God my Banana Nut Bread is perfectly flavored. I would hate for it to be too intense. The fourth one is rocking with it right now at 7watts. IMO the Fusion LRs are fantastic at 7watts on my MVP v2 with the juices i get. Any higher i can really tell a difference. Not a burnt flavor, its just not as good.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread