How do you get your IKV cartos to last for so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbalz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Kentucky Florence Y'All
Been vaping NLV Gold all-day every-day out of a tanked mega plat v2 for 9 days straight now :) Still tastes good.

I'm jealous, I have been having no luck at all with the 510 fusions. I ordered about 70 of them back in april and the first few was great, couldn't of been happier. But ever since they just will not last more than one tank . Constant flooding , burnt taste it very frustrating . Also ordered a box of the 801 fusions and have had better luck with them getting about a week or 5 days with them, but have no more left. So is there a new batch with some changes done to the 510 fusions ?

pyro12

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
You probably got what was left of the first batch and then the new batch. I'm sure when stock comes in they just put it in it's appropriate place with the stock that's remaining. So which do you like the best? The new ones or the old ones?

Exactly.

Perfomancewise, I notice no difference, although the larger punched one is ~4 days old and starting to get "that taste." I'll be interested to see of the smaller punched one lasts longer...

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Exactly.

Perfomancewise, I notice no difference, although the larger punched one is ~4 days old and starting to get "that taste." I'll be interested to see of the smaller punched one lasts longer...

I put in a new Fusion today and it is sooo sweet. There's nothing out there that vapes like a fresh tanked Fusion. I used my fill the tank and force the top down on the juice method and I think that will be my new way of doing them. It only puts the juice at the coils and when I fill them first it seems they get flooded quicker. This is the best vaping Fusion I ever did or maybe it's because I haven't had a fresh one for so long.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I love my fusions. They are the only carto I use and I rarely have any problems with one. Yes I do have a couple PuriTanks which I love but the fusion is #1 with me.

This is the lady that holds the longevity record for Fusions. 2 mo.
queen.gif

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
I'm jealous, I have been having no luck at all with the 510 fusions. I ordered about 70 of them back in april and the first few was great, couldn't of been happier. But ever since they just will not last more than one tank . Constant flooding , burnt taste it very frustrating . Also ordered a box of the 801 fusions and have had better luck with them getting about a week or 5 days with them, but have no more left. So is there a new batch with some changes done to the 510 fusions ?

between this and your previous post it sounds like your tank is the problem not the fusions (unless you are having this issue with multiple tanks)

as far as i know, a carto won't flood on it's own without human intervention unless there is some sort of air flow/pressure issue with the tank....which getting both flooding and dry hits sounds like that to me
i trashed a brand new fusion re-trying a suspect tank (i'd hoped i'd fixed) within 5 minutes.... *sniff*

also...the sweetener angle....while it may not have sweetener added to it, i think that some flavors have sweetener inherently without it being added. kind of like "tank crackers" there are gummers LOL

kbalz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Kentucky Florence Y'All
between this and your previous post it sounds like your tank is the problem not the fusions (unless you are having this issue with multiple tanks)

as far as i know, a carto won't flood on it's own without human intervention unless there is some sort of air flow/pressure issue with the tank....which getting both flooding and dry hits sounds like that to me
i trashed a brand new fusion re-trying a suspect tank (i'd hoped i'd fixed) within 5 minutes.... *sniff*

also...the sweetener angle....while it may not have sweetener added to it, i think that some flavors have sweetener inherently without it being added. kind of like "tank crackers" there are gummers LOL

I thought it might be tank to , I have three different ones from ibtanked. And it doesn't seem to really matter which one I use. Could all three tanks be the issue ? I completely understand that some juice's burn cleaner than others, so what juice from where works well in the fusions ? It is frustrating to me because the first few fusions I used rocked ! changed nothing and now I just can not figure out what is wrong . Is it my tank ? Is it my juice ? Is it me ? Idk . like I said before , the 801's I have , have been performing much better than the 510's, but I ordered so many of the 510's that I really can't order more of the 801's even though that's what I really want to do.

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
I thought it might be tank to , I have three different ones from ibtanked. And it doesn't seem to really matter which one I use. Could all three tanks be the issue ? I completely understand that some juice's burn cleaner than others, so what juice from where works well in the fusions ? It is frustrating to me because the first few fusions I used rocked ! changed nothing and now I just can not figure out what is wrong . Is it my tank ? Is it my juice ? Is it me ? Idk . like I said before , the 801's I have , have been performing much better than the 510's, but I ordered so many of the 510's that I really can't order more of the 801's even though that's what I really want to do.

definitely frustrating!
I haven't heard any issues with IBT and IKV...in fact i have seen that combo recommended quite a bit.
are they older tanks? need new o-rings? use the IBT tank tool when inserting a new carto/filling?
as far as juice...i am of no help...i have like 3-5 different vendors and DIY LOL (none are lower than 50% PG)..only thing i can think of is if you are using a flavor that would degrade the o-rings/seals?

isn't the only difference between the 801's and 510's the threadset? (the IKV 801 are fusions as well)

maybe send an email to IBT and see if they have any thoughts on what is happening?
if it was just a matter of the carto not lasting or not liking the taste i wouldn't suspect the tank..

i feel your pain...

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
I'm not sure but maybe the carto doesn't seal in those tanks. That would give you an airleak witch would cause flooding. The only way I ever got flooding was putting too much juice in the carto or punching them too deep piercing the inner tube on them.

is it possible the seal could be too tight? (air leak versus air pressure? i really don't know enough about the physics and i should LOL)

i feel like my vaperfexion is overly snug and figured the outer o-rings were the problem

kbalz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Kentucky Florence Y'All
is it possible the seal could be too tight? (air leak versus air pressure? i really don't know enough about the physics and i should LOL)

i feel like my vaperfexion is overly snug and figured the outer o-rings were the problem

The o rings on my ibtanks are extremely tight, without the tank tool it is a nightmare trying to get carto into tank. Now that I think about it the fusions that I had great results with, I used in the tank I got from iken.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The o rings on my ibtanks are extremely tight, without the tank tool it is a nightmare trying to get carto into tank. Now that I think about it the fusions that I had great results with, I used in the tank I got from iken.

I would guess therein lies your problem. Fran has gotten 2 mo. out of one of the old fusions. The smaller 801. I've gotten over 40 days a few times but normal is 2 wks. I use Ikenvapes tanks and the MIAI from notcigs and I used to use this one.

DSC02268.jpg

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    5c old fusion/new fusion makes no difference to me. It's nothing for me to get 2 months out of any 801 fusion or longer even. Most of my DIY mixes are clear which helps. One of hubby's tobacco is a semi clogger but he still gets at least a month out of an 801. All my fusions are tanked if that makes any difference and I once went close to 4 months with my clear DIY Peppermint.

kbalz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2012
    Kentucky Florence Y'All
    5c old fusion/new fusion makes no difference to me. It's nothing for me to get 2 months out of any 801 fusion or longer even. Most of my DIY mixes are clear which helps. One of hubby's tobacco is a semi clogger but he still gets at least a month out of an 801. All my fusions are tanked if that makes any difference and I once went close to 4 months with my clear DIY Peppermint.
    Fran what tank do you use?

kbalz

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2012
    Kentucky Florence Y'All
    I think I might have figured something out not sure what though. Had a new 510 fusion that was flooding after the first half tank. Read 5c said that he would vape a flooder upside down with holes out of juice till it cleared. Did just that , now 2 tank fulls later , it still has not flooded one time :) . Is it possible I'm putting to much juice in when priming ?

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    I keep having noting but good luck.

I do everything wrong though but I don't think that is it. I run two Provari with tanks on them. When I start with a new Iken carto I just put four of 5 drops in it. I know what is not enough, I think put it in the tank and fill that tank up. I let it set there for several hours since I have the second device going. That seems to be enough time for it to start to soak in.

I am not priming to cartos the recommended way, I just give them plenty of time. I would not be able to do this with one device running though.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I think I might have figured something out not sure what though. Had a new 510 fusion that was flooding after the first half tank. Read 5c said that he would vape a flooder upside down with holes out of juice till it cleared. Did just that , now 2 tank fulls later , it still has not flooded one time :) . Is it possible I'm putting to much juice in when priming ?

It could be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread