How do you get your IKV cartos to last for so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyro12

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
You really don't need to put any in the carto. Just put a fresh one in the tank like Isaac does and give it 3 or 4 good pulls without firing it and it will draw juice into the carto. I force it in the carto with the top cap.

Wow! I've been saturating the carto's and even adding a few drops when I refill the tank. You're saying I should just put a new carto in the tank, snap the top on to push some juice on the atty (air pressure), and vape immediately?

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I burned a carto rushing it to fast about an hour ago. I didn't put any drops in it and tried the draw a bunch of times. I probably would have been OK if I had it at a lower power. It was also an LR carto in a tank on a Provari. I replaced it, put about 4 or 5 drops in it and let it set awhile, that worked fine. Not sure what works best but just a few drops and letting it set for awhile has been working for me.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
It's always best to start off on the lower end and gradually raise the power.

Here's part of an email I just wrote last night that will help you guys out.

Well brother, I have an electronic engineering degree. If I don’t know anything then I’m in trouble :D
Ofcourse I can do that. You just made my job allot easier. Ok The Fusion tank, it isn’t fancy glass, but gets the job done and functions perfectly. Allot of guys are trying to pull fast ones by charging 60+ for them. The root is, is that it’s incredibly easy to whip these up with right dimensions. Semi loose draw with power, the Platinum Mega Punch 2.5 with the Fusion tank will be all you need. You want to stick with 2.5 so you can save battery life and have a wide spectrum of voltage to play with. You can rock 3.7 all the way up to 5.5V. I would stick around the 5.2V marker. To keep this bad boy running a long time, start off around 4.5V and kick it up in increments. Like a small break in period instead of throwing a bucket of power at it. It will still live, but it would be easier on the internals.

All you do, is slide the carto in the tank. On the tank you will see a cut out on one of the endcaps. This is where there bottom of the carto goes. So slide it in, fill up the tank and apply the top cap. Remove it once and apply it back on. This will give awesome wicking and create a nice vacuum effect. Around the 3rd refill and thereafter. You will notice the liquid start to pool up in the center of the carto when you apply the top cap. When this happens turn that badboy upside down and let the excess fall out. There should only be a drip or 3 at max. The 510 fusion is a little tighter in draw and more optimized for tanks, I have the batting set lower and tighter so the excess can easily fall out.

kbalz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Kentucky Florence Y'All
Wow! I've been saturating the carto's and even adding a few drops when I refill the tank. You're saying I should just put a new carto in the tank, snap the top on to push some juice on the atty (air pressure), and vape immediately?
Yeah , me too. Everything I read said to make sure filler material was 100% saturated , so I made sure it was. I figured more was better, guess not. Just put in a new 801 trying 5c method with the top cap, put a few drops in carto anyways. Hasn't flooded yet but seems a little on the dry hit side. Just read ikens email method will try that next time. The carto I fixed early was going good , then I think I blew a coil cause my zmax said low load :( that thing was rocking too. :(

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Fusion-Goodness2_zps478aaa2f.gif

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash

Sorry I missed this. That's what I do. I fill the tank to the top and when I push the top on the tank it forces quite a bit of juice in the carto. I usually roll it in my hands to move the juice around but it works great fo my Fusions.

pyro12

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
Well, after a week of experimenting, I can't say that the air pressure from popping the lid down makes any difference at all for me. I'm getting about the same life out of the Fusions as before - I'm just wasting a few drops of juice as it gets pushed up and out of the carto....

I did try boiling a "bad" carto and leaving it to sit in front of a fan for a few days to dry things out. After a disappointing 15 minutes - the thing came back to life! Not so much in the "power of the puff" sense, but in the pure, clean taste of my beloved RY4.

I don't think anything beats a brand new Fusion - but, alas, it'll only last about 10 mL and then it's all about how long you can wait to fire up a new one...

kbalz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Kentucky Florence Y'All
Well, after a week of experimenting, I can't say that the air pressure from popping the lid down makes any difference at all for me. I'm getting about the same life out of the Fusions as before - I'm just wasting a few drops of juice as it gets pushed up and out of the carto....

I did try boiling a "bad" carto and leaving it to sit in front of a fan for a few days to dry things out. After a disappointing 15 minutes - the thing came back to life! Not so much in the "power of the puff" sense, but in the pure, clean taste of my beloved RY4.

I don't think anything beats a brand new Fusion - but, alas, it'll only last about 10 mL and then it's all about how long you can wait to fire up a new one...
Sorry to hear pyro, For me it has been a night and day difference from the previous way I was doing it.Been on the same carto since , and it's still a chimney. Lost count of how much juice it has vaporized. :vapor:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash

Everybody has their own tastes. I know vapers that won't use a carto because they don't like the batting. They say it makes their juice taste funny. I don't taste anything but like I said "everybody has their own taste".

pyro12

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking these things. They're great! I'm just trying to figure out how to get the most life out of them I can. Especially given their limited availability.

It's actually more like 15mL (instead of 10mL) that I get before I notice the degradation.

After one night out on the town with the boiled and dried fusion, I'm pretty impressed. It's not like a brand new fusion, but it's far better than what it was when I retired it. I'll be boiling the pile of used fusions I have sitting on my desk later today. Maybe a little alcohol soak first...

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking these things. They're great! I'm just trying to figure out how to get the most life out of them I can. Especially given their limited availability.

It's actually more like 15mL (instead of 10mL) that I get before I notice the degradation.

After one night out on the town with the boiled and dried fusion, I'm pretty impressed. It's not like a brand new fusion, but it's far better than what it was when I retired it. I'll be boiling the pile of used fusions I have sitting on my desk later today. Maybe a little alcohol soak first...

It depends on the juice, the vaping style, the voltage level. Juice with a lot of sugars will ruin a carto quickly. I use pg tobacco gold and ry4 99% of the time and get 2 weeks normally. I have gotten 40 some days and I have gotten 1 day but not very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread