Harsh hits, how do I fix the juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
I mixed up some red apple ejuice. I just used red apple concentrate as a stand alone with 50/50 vg/pg and 3 mg/ml nic. The first few hits are harsh and gives me a slight burning sensation to my mouth and the back of my throat. After half a dozen hits or so this goes away and it is somewhat smooth tasting.

How do I get rid of the initial harsh hits? I know they are not dry hits because I get the same thing from a saturated dripper. Is there anything I can add to this to make it hit better.

Reactions: Kenna

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
Could be wrong , but it sounds like to much juice on the coil, like it's flooding. What type of tank? Just sounds like what happens to my rtas when the juice control is open too much

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I get the same thing from any tank or RDA that I use. My Theorem, my Griffin or my Mutation X. I don't think it is flooding.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I get the same thing from any tank or RDA that I use. My Theorem, my Griffin or my Mutation X. I don't think it is flooding.
Gotcha.... are you really really shaking and mixing good? I have only diy once or twice but I remember once I didn't mix long enough and it seemed really harsh and kind of burned a little, I think it was because I didn't shake long enough and the nic didn't mix well, but diy is not my strong suite by any means

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
What flavor(s)? What brand? Percentage?

Almost sounds like an alcohol flavoring. Alcohol gets cooked first few harsh vapes and then smooth.

Could let it breathe for a couple hours with the cap off. But not to long. Don't leave the cap off for a whole day or anything.

And I could be full of it. Just my thoughts with limited information.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Just off the top of my head here.....

1. Nicotine calculation wrong?
2. Too much PG
3. Alcohol in the flavoring

I do not want throat hit so I use very little PG and buy my NicSelect unflavored nicotine from Liquid Barn. I find some flavorings that have alcohol need to breathe and let the alcohol evaporate. Just some ideas to help you solve your issues.

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread