Harsh hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorianvape

May 26, 2016
So I recently acquired my first e cig which is Kangertech Top EVOD. I burnt my first coil so I ordered 5 more. I inserted the coil, madw sure it was all soaked and primed for use, filled the ejuice and vaped. The hits still are very harsh, I don't think it's the way it should be, I am pretty sire something is wrong, I am really eager to start vaping, help of any kind would be appreciated.

tl;dr: My ecig lets our harsh hits even though I exchanged my burnt coil and primed it right.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I'm falling asleep here. So I'll answer for both possibilities. If you just have the top evod tank with a battery that has adjustable power, start your power really low and work your way back up.
If you got the kit and are using the batter it came with, it's a constant 3.7V and you can't adjust it, so you gotta make sure when you prime that it's good and soaked. And when you put it all back together take some primer puffs, which are inhaling without firing the button. To make extra sure, you can plug the airflow holes with your finger and inhale a few times. That will help ensure that it's really primed.
Hope that helps some.

I have the unadjustable one. I tried all you stated and it didn't make a differnce.
Whst nic level are you using? If I put my normal 24mg in a sub tank it is pretty harsh. But if I use 6-12mg it's a lot les harsh. Hope this helps. Also check your airflow. Too much or too little for your style of vaping effects harshness sometimes.

Hero Protagonist

Verified Member
May 24, 2016
As was previously stated, nic level will have a big effect on how much throat hit (harshness) you are getting. Higher nic = more throat hit. Another factor is the amount of power your running through your EVOD... Although it sounds like you already tested that. You will also want to look at the PG/VG ratio of the juice. More PG generally will mean more throat hit. I prefer an 80/20 VG/PG ratio or more for a generally smoother vape. In the end it can often just come down to the juice though. Some juices are just more harsh than others, regardless of all other factors. I'd recommend switching juices; if possible choosing something with more VG and less nic than what you are currently using. Hope that helps!

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
Has it ever provided a pleasant, decent vape, or has it always been harsh?

You didn't just reuse the ejuice from when you burned your coil did you, as it often can taint the taste of any juice that was in the tank at the time.

If that was the case, then I recommend you wash out your tank with warm water (without the coil head installed - and maybe a *drop* of washing-up liquid - rinse it out *well* afterwards), then you can 'flick' it dry (it doesn't have to be anhydrously dry - a minute drop or two of water in your juice won't affect anything).

Then mount a new coil, prime it well, fill your tank with fresh juice and then try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread