Hello! Can you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

finneusanglesmith

Aug 7, 2017
Hey guys, thanks for all your replies! Now i have 10x as much to consider haha.

I wasn't exactly planning on buying a smok, it's just what i saw in the case when i went in for a battery. I only had 20$ so i wasn't really looking just yet.

Lets see,, adittional info..

Cigarettes per day: I WAS doing at least a pack, but that last two weeks I've had a max of three, and not felt the need for more unless my batteries were charging..

Planetary Loacation: Colorado, USA.

I will ask my friend what brand his is, all i know is "This 180$ tank was a gift" not sure i believe him lol. are there 180$ tanks?

I've been playign with the settings on this thing, I've found i enjoy a warmer to almost hot vape. when its nice and cool i dont feel like im inhaling anything,

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There are very expensive tanks and mods, I just bought my first one and I'm a bit ashamed of what I spent, but I spent a LONG time looking for the perfect MTL tank that's a bit bigger than an N2. There are $180 setups. There are $30 setups. There are $600--700 hand crafted wood or metal pieces of art/mods that are also very functional.

You should still ask your friend what his setup *is* regardless of price, as if you want to replicate it, you need to know what it is, even if you are buying similar gear at a lower *price point*. There are innumerable setups that are pretty great and won't steal your food budget for the month.

I'd say try to start narrowing the *focus* of what you want (shape in your hand, flavor, DL/MTL) then go from there and start with a reliable, mid-range setup for awhile. The only single piece of equipment that cost more than $50 the first month was my Steampunk Nano Tesla 120 and I researched it a LOT prior to buying it, and was so glad I did that I didn't hesitate to pick up a "backup" immediately, as I loved the vape quality so much. But, I kinda got lucky. :)

Tanks? I ploughed few a through (it's a bit too easy as so many are inexpensive or you can buy decent clones) before deciding I would spring for a titanium Kabuki tank, which is the tank I am both ashamed of and very excited about buying. But, I tried various styles first before going for "the best" MTL tank for flavor with a bit more room to fill less frequently. I *hope* I love it but I guess I'm going to see.... That's kind of the beauty of it though, I'm not all gaga over mods since I found the Steampunk, and once I find my stable "out and about" vape I expect to be vaping it a Long Time.

Anna

finneusanglesmith

Aug 7, 2017
Also, it doesnt really need to fit in my pocket, thats just a bonus. I'm also not too worried about what it actually looks like. long as it isnt pink haha.

I think he will be at work today, i will ask what it is.

looks just like this, except it has a tribal tattoo looking design on the glass.
Did you ever watch star trek voyager? You know Chakotays tattoo? lol

it has two 18650's

qfYDLBk.jpg

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I have personally purchased KT products and wouldn't recommend them, personally. For me, I never got a KT product that felt like a quality build, they felt flimsy but also badly put together. My aspire zelos kit is super lightweight, but not flimsy. There's something about the way Kangertech puts things together that seems to reflect poor build quality, and I've seen some recent products, my son had a KT box where paint was flaking and the battery door fell off repeatedly and consistently. I'm a fairly clumsy person and KT gear just doesn't stand up to my needs. It's kind of like shoes. I use Dansko clogs at work because I'm on my feet a lot and I need a more expensive pair of shoes for pulling that off, day to day (ask any nurse) whereas other people may do fine with a cheap, knockoff product. There are people who love KT and maybe their later stuff is better, but I've consistently hated it.

That's why i like my Aspire evo75 built like a tank that thing and small enough to fit in any pockets (well man sized pockets at least :p) the evo is pretty much all metal incuding the magnetic battery back which i LOVE makes it feel so premium and that cool feeling in the morning is just :hubba:

Reactions: stols001

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I tend to point new users away from Smok honestly, just because I've seen complaints about them

Sorry, Anna. But this is doing a disservice to new and experienced vapers. Personal experience is one thing, but going by others' complaints to warn people to stay away from an entire brand is not really fair. When you read a complaint, does it conclude with an actual defective product or is there some user error, abuse, or deficient products involved? I've read a lot of those complaints where the poster complaining never even returns to let us know if the problem was resolved and what it took to resolve it. I've also read a number of "complaints" against Smok referencing bad gear from years ago which may or may not have any bearing on gear today. And then there are complaints about many brands because they don't do temp control as well as some others. A justifiable complaint for those requiring temp control, but of little use to those only using power mode.

Has Smok had some problems and put out some questionable gear? Without a doubt, they have. What brand hasn't? Sigelei with their 213's, the IPV6 (I think it is), whatever it was with the 510 problems, etc. I've got a small collection of gear (including a number of Smok items) and I could give a complaint about each and every piece. But not a single one is unusable or problematic enough to stop using. And most of the complaints I would have would simply relate to my personal life and vape style.

Sorry for using your post as my springboard to vent, but I am tiring of what seems to be a campaign against Smok. Yes, there are "complaints" about Smok products, but there is a plethora of very satisfied and happy vapers out there using those same products. My 3+ year vape journey has brought me to mostly using Smok gear and it works great for me. Something tells me I am not alone.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
There are some very expensive rebuildable tanks. Some bought through an expensive retailer could be getting up towards $180.
I have a friend who vapes on just one $120+ tank. That's cool. I have 5 tanks (some factory coil, some rba) for less money (all together) and enjoy the variation. I also like to swap drippers (rda) after a few days.
There's no right or wrong. Now and again something just doesn't work for me so I feel silly chasing a more magical product.
btw - my experience with Joyetech atopack Penguin has been very disappointing for MTL vaping but surprisingly impressive for DTL with the "up to 50w" 0.25 ohm coil.
Both are too easy to burn out prematurely and the taste off ceramic is kind of different. No regrets buying it overall.

Goose Girl

Aug 12, 2017
Florida
btw - my experience with Joyetech atopack Penguin has been very disappointing for MTL vaping but surprisingly impressive for DTL with the "up to 50w" 0.25 ohm coil.
Both are too easy to burn out prematurely and the taste off ceramic is kind of different. No regrets buying it overall.

In case you want to use the Penguin again, try covering half the air vent with some electrical tape. I read that suggestion here and tried it. No more burnt out coils.

If it sounded like I was knocking SMOK, I certainly didn't mean to. I am currently using the G80 kit and love it, but I don't think it is for everyone. I think I have at least 6 brands that I currently have in use, from the Penguin to a big box mod. After testing a bunch of styles, I am moving smaller, rather than larger. I think finding the right fit was the most important factor for me, as tanks and features can be changed, but if it is uncomfortable to hold, it can get really annoying.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
You know what, OlderthanDirt, that's totally fair. Since I have no actual experience I won't reference them negatively in the future. Thanks for pointing it out! :)

Anna

Just want to be clear, negative comments about known issues are fair game to share. Like paint peeling on early Alien mods and problems with the 350. It was the steering people away from Smok entirely that drew my attention. Thanks for understanding! :toast:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
You guys are so friendly here! On my RC or Robotics forum, that would have been a nasty argument lol
Well for one nasty arguments aren't welcomed here :p
We just wanna share the love of vaping here :wub:
And share our experiences with others which dosen't require any arguments

Nb: admins are also the nicest fellow you'll ever see (whenever they show up :p)

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Also, it doesnt really need to fit in my pocket, thats just a bonus. I'm also not too worried about what it actually looks like. long as it isnt pink haha.

I think he will be at work today, i will ask what it is.

looks just like this, except it has a tribal tattoo looking design on the glass.
Did you ever watch star trek voyager? You know Chakotays tattoo? lol

it has two 18650's

qfYDLBk.jpg

Looks like the stainless steel and black options for the Aspire Cleito 120 tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread