Hello, happy to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brethauer04

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2016
Hey Guys and Gals. My name is Seth, I just joined the club and wanted to say that I am happy to be here. I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship :thumb: I have been looking for a simpler solution to dripping, not because I am lazy, but because I am on the go a lot with work and my 3 beautiful kids- I needed something a bit more convenient- plus the idea of squonking just seems so cool to me. So, I researched the art of squonking and looked at many mods. I spent way too much time watching, and re watching, @super_X_drifter videos and a number of @Mark Todd videos and researched the interwebs to no end. Because I am not, and never have been, a mechanical user, the Sunbox seemed right in the end. I have alot of experience with the DNA40 board, never vape over 30W and I like the look of the mods, so I sought out to find one. I emailed Paolo, and while he got right back to me, I was able to find one, brand new, in the states before I placed my order. I figured I had been patient enough at this point! I purchased an E8 classic, and will soon be on the hunt for a blue Modulo as well. I guess I like blue. (Really, I just want a modulo for the wood panels) Anyway, I found the setup and transition to squonking quite simple thanks to my research and looking through these forums. I would like to thank you all for allowing me to ramble on here and introduce myself, but most importantly, I would like to thank all of you for your knowledge share in these here forums. I could not have done it without you. Happy Squonking!

Here she is:
D4uPtdq.jpg

rgerber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ USA
Welcome Home to ECF. I think you are are great candidate for a squonker set up. Do a seach for bottom feeders here and on Google. Look for any videos from SuperXdrifter. Let us know what you think.
Damn! I didn't read your whole post. I am old and senile!

Brethauer04

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2016
Not sure if anyone is reading this can answer a quick question for me. It seems like my battery indicator never goes to full. I charged my batteries externally to full, threw one in and the indicator is sitting a little less than full. Tried charging through the device this morning, but seemed like it went no where. Anyone else seen this similar issue on their E8's? I'm using the green Samsungs and they're brand new.

Thanks.

m3th1dz

In way over his head
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
Philadelphia
Not sure if anyone is reading this can answer a quick question for me. It seems like my battery indicator never goes to full. I charged my batteries externally to full, threw one in and the indicator is sitting a little less than full. Tried charging through the device this morning, but seemed like it went no where. Anyone else seen this similar issue on their E8's? I'm using the green Samsungs and they're brand new.

Thanks.
After you fire the mod for a second does the battery indicator change?

Reactions: fishwater

Brethauer04

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2016
Hmmmmm, both of mine show full with a fresh battery then as you know "estimate" battery life from that point on. What kind of build are you running? Is it possible that it's reading the build & then guesstimating from there?
It's just a single coil, 26g Kanthal. 7 wraps around a 2mm reading at around .7 ohms. I tried to grab some pictures o the inside o the mod where the negative spring is. Not sure if this is normal or not. I have no other sunbox to compare with. Not sure if you can see this, or if one of you guys can look at yours and tell me if it looks similar. It almost looks like where the wire is soldered on, there is a hole, but looks like it is part of the solder job. I'd think if that was causing a short or something, I'd have bigger problems though, but now it's got me worried without anything to compare to just want to be sure. By the way, one of my batteries is just about done charging at 4.19v.

wQTcIcy.jpg

0CSfLfW.jpg

wQTcIcy.jpg

Brethauer04

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2016
Both of mine look pretty similar to yours. The orange one is brand new, serial number in the mid 300's & the blue one is in the low 200's. Hope this helps.
View attachment 527496 View attachment 527497 View attachment 527498
Thank you so much for the pics. Makes me feel better. Mine is mid 300 as well. Also, looks like I may have jumped the gun on the battery thing. My battery charged right to 4.2v I popped it in my box and the indicator looks full. The battery I used was off the charger for a day before I popped it in so maybe it lost some charge during that time. Ill keep an eye on it throughout the night, but my money is on me jumping the gun. Sorry guys. Typical when I get a mod Im not familiar with, I start freaking out. I REALLY do appreciate you guys chiming in and helping me out here. Looks like I'm good to go! Still not sure the onboard charging works but I will test that out some other time. Thanks again.
Fdh86ud.jpg

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Thank you so much for the pics. Makes me feel better. Mine is mid 300 as well. Also, looks like I may have jumped the gun on the battery thing. My battery charged right to 4.2v I popped it in my box and the indicator looks full. The battery I used was off the charger for a day before I popped it in so maybe it lost some charge during that time. Ill keep an eye on it throughout the night, but my money is on me jumping the gun. Sorry guys. Typical when I get a mod Im not familiar with, I start freaking out. I REALLY do appreciate you guys chiming in and helping me out here. Looks like I'm good to go! Still not sure the onboard charging works but I will test that out some other time. Thanks again.
Fdh86ud.jpg

Glad we could help. It's a great mod but it isn't cheap so having some concern's is understandable. Once you get used to it ( and it gets used to you) you'll be golden. Enjoy that bad boy it's a beauty :thumb:

Brethauer04

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2016
Glad we could help. It's a great mod but it isn't cheap so having some concern's is understandable. Once you get used to it ( and it gets used to you) you'll be golden. Enjoy that bad boy it's a beauty :thumb:

Yup, the cost certainly played a role in my concern. Happy to put my mind at ease. I appreciate your time.

Brethauer04

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2016
Good luck with your new mod.

Squonking has got to be one of the most enjoyable everyday experiences of my life.
Loving it so far! I'm vaping at my normal ohm and wattage range, but the vape seems so much smoother to me. I'm guessing because you're not constantly flooding your coil with juice. Just feels so much cleaner to me.

Last edited:

jwj63

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2013
NC, CA, Thailand
There is an updated spring for that which solves battery life issues. There's a list on Facebook where you can signup for one for the cost of shipping only if you want to DIY the replacement. I'm sure Paolo would hook you up if you email him also. He provides outstanding customer service.

It's just a single coil, 26g Kanthal. 7 wraps around a 2mm reading at around .7 ohms. I tried to grab some pictures o the inside o the mod where the negative spring is. Not sure if this is normal or not. I have no other sunbox to compare with. Not sure if you can see this, or if one of you guys can look at yours and tell me if it looks similar. It almost looks like where the wire is soldered on, there is a hole, but looks like it is part of the solder job. I'd think if that was causing a short or something, I'd have bigger problems though, but now it's got me worried without anything to compare to just want to be sure. By the way, one of my batteries is just about done charging at 4.19v.

wQTcIcy.jpg

0CSfLfW.jpg

wQTcIcy.jpg

Brethauer04

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2016
There is an updated spring for that which solves battery life issues. There's a list on Facebook where you can signup for one for the cost of shipping only if you want to DIY the replacement. I'm sure Paolo would hook you up if you email him also. He provides outstanding customer service.

Interesting, because I have been noticing battery life is not that great on this compared to say a Vaporshark rDNA40. I have an ongoing email string with Paolo, so I will certainly ask him. Yes, seems like a very nice fellow from the few emails we have sent back and forth. Any idea how hard the spring is to replace yourself?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread