Squonk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
I've been looking at the squonk machines and was thinking if anybody here could tell me is it hard to change the cotton? And is this basically a way to put the e-liquid on the Cotton without opening the top am I right?
From what I'm reading about it it seems interesting. Do any of you have a squonk and do you like it. And would you recommend a squonk?
Thanks.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The only difference between a squonk rda and a regular rda is the hollow center pin, so it’s the same as any RDA. So a good bit easier than an RTA, but more complicated than a drop in coil, mostly because you need to have a pair of scissors to cut the cotton. If you ignore the scissor requirement it’s about the same. RDA wicks aren’t nearly as size sensitive as RTA wicks.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I love my mech squonks. Now I just need a few single and dual battery regulated squonks, and to convert all my old drippers to squonkers, so I never have to drip again. I still use some RTA's but once my squonk collection grows some I have a feeling all those old RTA and non-Squonk devices will get put into storage.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

A bottom feeder or squonk mod is basically a battery device that has the juice bottle inside of the mod. The cotton wick is replinished with additional e-liquid by pressing the juice bottle through a window in the mod. Excess goes back into the bottle.

It has the advantages of dripping on a RDA with the conveniences of a tank.

There is an art form and some skill to wicking a coil. Sometimes it helps to have a pair of fine pointed tweezers available.

I like the theory of a squonker, I've just not found one to my liking. I can build coils, but as of late I've become a "lazy vaper". Building coils and making a new wick every 3 - 4 days is a chore I no longer like to perform. I like the convenience of using factory-made, drop-in coils in a clearomizer tank. (Uwell Crown 1)

Might want to browse this thread:
Well Hello There . . . Best Squonk?

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
My problem with squonking has always been finding an atomizer that is good for MTL vaping. Most are more for DL.

Lately, I've gotten the NarDa to work pretty well and have a couple of different ones on the way to test.

The concept is great once you get used to it and learn how often and how much to squonk.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
have a couple of different ones on the way to test.
dead rabbit sq? I haven't seen a review on YT yet from anyone that is a real MTL vaper but it looks like one of the more promising new RDA I have seen for those that like MTL and DL.

I rarely MTL anymore, and when I did recently it was a cubis pro with a 0.6 mtl coil wide open at 27 watts, but I am hoping the DR SQ might be able to do something similar. It could come in handy for those times I want a low power squonk setup when out and about so I can be sure a single battery and bottle could last all day.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017

A bottom feeder or squonk mod is basically a battery device that has the juice bottle inside of the mod. The cotton wick is replinished with additional e-liquid by pressing the juice bottle through a window in the mod. Excess goes back into the bottle.

It has the advantages of dripping on a RDA with the conveniences of a tank.

There is an art form and some skill to wicking a coil. Sometimes it helps to have a pair of fine pointed tweezers available.

I like the theory of a squonker, I've just not found one to my liking. I can build coils, but as of late I've become a "lazy vaper". Building coils is a chore I no longer like to perform. I like the convenience of using factory-made, drop-in coils in a clearomizer tank. (Uwell Crown 1)

Might want to browse this thread:
Well Hello There . . . Best Squonk?

I don't think I could put a Wic in. Bad eyes and hands. I'd like to try one though maybe I can get my wife to do all the maintenance on it. Well it was a good idea anyway.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Well, since I've been using nothing but squonk mods for 7+ years, yes, I'd recommend them;)

Poke your head in the Liquid Feed APV section, and you'll learn a great deal:

Liquid Feed APV Discussion

I used mechanical mods for 6+ years (mainly REO's, then Coppervape). For a regulated mod, I think the Hcigar VT Inbox is a great bargain - very solid mod. I've had one since last April and it has worked flawlessly every day. I just got a Hotcig RSQ mod in the mail a couple days ago, but it's too early to give a recommendation. As for an RDA, there are now tons to choose from, depending on your vaping style.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Squonk? Squonk!

Yah, that's the general idea. It's a mod with a regular old RDA on top, except the RDA has a juice feed hole in the bottom, and the mod has a plastic bottle of juic in it. Give her a squeeze, and you re-wet the cottons (rayon!) Changing the cotton is no harder than changing it in any RDA. And it's easier if you change it to rayon :)

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I own 2 Rdas (rebuildable dripping atomiser)
I use a Gbox squonk kit from Geekvape with my peerless rda, i absolutely LOVE it.
However i went up the chain from the beginning (started with a mtl setup,then sub 0hm, then rebuilding and now rdas and squonkers). I would never say i recommend squonking as it's not for everyone, specially not for beginners. Changing cotton is pretty easy imho but only once you get the hang of it, until then it's a kind of frustrating experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread