Help, I love squonking but I don't have a lot of money, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
@pokemom, I have both the owl and the VF Sqounk Clone. I don't mind the Owl being a mech - I just keep my builds a little over an ohm, and I'm comfy. I have the same issue with the o-ring on the VF, too. Funny, I was just going to clean bottles and load that one back up for "Today's vaping Pleasure". I use my velocities on both of those (I'd love to find a Stumpy with a bottom feed pin! I like that little rda)

From where did you get the LowPro with the BF pin? I will have to have a looksee
The stumpy is very easy to mod for bottom feed.I bought a pack of bottom feed pins from fat daddy,and just used a dremel to cut the pin to the right length,then use a drill with a 1/16" drill bit to drill straight through the center of the positive post on the stumpy.Took maybe 5 minutes to convert it.

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
@rangerrobin, Only a couple of things you need to pay attention to for Reos in the Classifieds, LP stands for low profile and they will take 22mm atties. Unless noted LP, assume it will only take 15mm atties. And the other is the 510. The latest versions have an adjustable 510, otherwise assume non-adjustable.

That said, of all the squonkers out of China, the Steamcrave and the Kangxin Inoy are the only ones I would recommend. You can get a good feel for squonking from others like the Terminator Owl and Reo clone, but the first two I mention are the best value, especially given the other regulated squonking options are Italian and at least $200+.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
The stumpy is very easy to mod for bottom feed.I bought a pack of bottom feed pins from fat daddy,and just used a dremel to cut the pin to the right length,then use a drill with a 1/16" drill bit to drill straight through the center of the positive post on the stumpy.Took maybe 5 minutes to convert it.

Thanks! Do you know if the bf pin for the regular Velocity would also work in the Velocity mini? I'd specifically ordered the Velocities with the bf pins because getting a pin cost more than the RDA (clone) itself :shock:

Reactions: pokemom

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Thanks! Do you know if the bf pin for the regular Velocity would also work in the Velocity mini? I'd specifically ordered the Velocities with the bf pins because getting a pin cost more than the RDA (clone) itself :shock:
It should.I have the full size made by Ivogo,and a mini from Fasttech,and the pin fits both of those.I can't say all the clones use the same threading,but both of mine have.

Reactions: DingerCPA

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
@pokemom, I have both the owl and the VF Sqounk Clone. I don't mind the Owl being a mech - I just keep my builds a little over an ohm, and I'm comfy. I have the same issue with the o-ring on the VF, too. Funny, I was just going to clean bottles and load that one back up for "Today's Vaping Pleasure". I use my velocities on both of those (I'd love to find a Stumpy with a bottom feed pin! I like that little RDA)

From where did you get the LowPro with the BF pin? I will have to have a looksee
I bought the low pro with bf pin form 3fvape. It was really inexpensive. I wish I liked the little thing, but no matter what I do I can't figure out how to build it right. It is a PIA to wick, at least for me. Might be better for vertical coils (really short ones) but I don't know how to do that either.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I bought the low pro with bf pin form 3fvape. It was really inexpensive. I wish I liked the little thing, but no matter what I do I can't figure out how to build it right. It is a PIA to wick, at least for me. Might be better for vertical coils (really short ones) but I don't know how to do that either.

I looked at this RDA. Said you needed to build the coils really low (hence, LowPro?) I don't want anything too finicky. I dig my velocities. Check 3F, but I know GearBest has them with the bottom feed pins (around $9)

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I looked at this RDA. Said you needed to build the coils really low (hence, LowPro?) I don't want anything too finicky. I dig my velocities. Check 3F, but I know GearBest has them with the bottom feed pins (around $9)
Personally,i think the Lowpro clone is an all around pita haha.The screws to hold the wire won't grab smaller gauge wire,mine barely grabbed 24g,i did a single coil 24g,came out to around a .4 ohms,and after the 2nd draw,i started getting a foul taste,so pulled the cap,and the little plastic screen thing in the drip tip had started melting and covered my coil and wick in melted plastic.Not sure if the authentic is any better,but the clone i got is horrible haha,it looks really nice,but that's where it ends haha.

Reactions: pokemom

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Personally,i think the Lowpro clone is an all around pita haha.The screws to hold the wire won't grab smaller gauge wire,mine barely grabbed 24g,i did a single coil 24g,came out to around a .4 ohms,and after the 2nd draw,i started getting a foul taste,so pulled the cap,and the little plastic screen thing in the drip tip had started melting and covered my coil and wick in melted plastic.Not sure if the authentic is any better,but the clone i got is horrible haha,it looks really nice,but that's where it ends haha.

Good to know. I'll be staying away. I like my Stumpy and my Velocities.... There might be "better" ones out there, but these work for me!

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Good to know. I'll be staying away. I like my Stumpy and my Velocities.... There might be "better" ones out there, but these work for me!
I got in a buying frenzy when i first started using a bottom feeder,and i wanted to try every rda that i possibly could haha,so i went through probably 20-25 over a few months.I started out using a Derringer,and really liked it,then tried probably 10 more before i got the Stumpy,that little stumpy blew the Derringer right out of the favorite spot,but i still kept trying others,but always ended up back at the stumpy,so i bought a 2nd one.I like my Velocity mini too,but for me,the stumpy is just about the perfect rda,so i finally stopped looking at others.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    ....as well as the squonk pin provided, has a way undersized hole, for juice.

Vapin Dave

ECF Veteran
    Sep 9, 2015
    California
    is it a tobeco clone or FT / unbranded?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread