1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

Hi! Newbie vapor reporting in!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by John81, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. John81

John81 Full Member

My fiancee bought me a starter kit last saturday and I haven't smoked an analog since. I smoked for about 15 years and in less then a week I already feel better, might just be in my head but hey I'll take what I can get lol. Neither my fiancee or myself knew much about ecigs so we kinda overpaid a bit, bought my kit from a Tececig storefront at the mall. So far it's all worked ok, got me off the cowboy killers after all, but could have gotten started at half the price.

In about a weeks time my mom, brother and his gf and a couple coworkers have all ordered starter kits from SmokelessImage. Apparently ecigs are fairly unknown in my area so people have been checking mine out like it's a Ferrari haha.

2. Caridwen

Caridwen ECF Moderator Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Congrats and welcome to the forum!

I wish I could get more of my family members to vape!

3. sara81

sara81 Full Member

Hi John,

I'm also quite new and I do ahve the same problem with people wanting to check my e-cigs out. I live in sweden and e-cigs are not even known in this small country. I have had some negative reactions of people woudnering what I'm doing (perhaps smoking something illigal) but mostly they are actually willing to stop smoking and think that vapping sounds like a nice alternative.

Good luck and best wishes!

4. artt

artt Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome to the forum! Overpriced starter kits are a common mistake but at least your on the right path now. Smokeless Image as you have learned is a great system. They have quite a following.

5. Scottua25

Scottua25 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome to club! I'm relatively new too. Vaped for a bit last year and now I'm back to it. This time, though, I made the leap to the mods and it's so much better! Now I'm working on getting my dad off the butts, here's hoping right.

6. blkhwk07

blkhwk07 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hello and Welcome.

7. dichtefichte

dichtefichte Full Member Verified Member

Welcome to the Forum

8. gjshaw29

gjshaw29 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Welcome, I too spent way too much on my first kit. But hey live and learn right! And it got me to quit smoking, which I never thought would happen.

9. skycheok

skycheok Moved On

Congrats & Welcome to ECF

10. AuBadge

AuBadge Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Congrats to you and welcome, and it's wonderful that your move to vaping influenced people you care about to try it also. That's a contagion I can get behind. :D

11. nansc

nansc Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Congratulations and welcome to ECF.;)

12. motomatt

motomatt Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hello,
    I am new to vapping too, I started with a pro smoke and then went to SmokelessImage and bought a VOLT X2 Clearomizers, The VOLT X2 Clearomizers makes the e-juice taste so much better and produces great vapor.

13. AlKahoilk119

AlKahoilk119 Moved On

Congrats and welcome!!

14. Freddie

Freddie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Congrats and welcome to ECF!

15. Rudakus

Rudakus Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Grats John and good luck with your new addiction :p but seriously it's much better and you will start noticing the effects of cig's going away it's a great feeling!

-Rudy

16. Caelius Felix

Caelius Felix Senior Member ECF Veteran

Welcome and good luck! When you're through with the starter kit, ECF is the right place to be for good advice (sometimes too much) about where to go next.

17. John81

John81 Full Member

I've already decided to get something that will last a little longer before needing a recharge lol. My KR808 is great for work, small enough to be discreet and one battery will last me a 10 hour shift more or less but at home and while driving they don't last long at all.

I've looked into a few options and think I settled on either a 900 or 1300Mah Volt X2. I like that it's compatible with my current supply of cartos and batteries and has 1.6mil clearomizers for longer lasting vaping. Hopefully they come back in stock soon, itching to buy more stuff hehe.

18. MissCanadianVapr

MissCanadianVapr Full Member

I am as new as you and am loving ECF a great compilation of information from both suppliers and real people! I have only tried the Canadian smoke NV sans nicotine and am very excited to get rid of "analog" cigarettes and try vaping!

19. sj74

sj74 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    We have all spent to much money up front when we started trying to find that groove on what we like what is good what is not etc. All that matters now, you are off the "killas" congrats and welcome to ECF!!! You may find yourself trying out a lot of different PV's, juice etc, but you will enjoy the trial and error :)

20. Loki3

Loki3 New Member

Hi and congrats,

I picked up an Ego-C for my first PV back in November '11. I went from a 2-3 pack a day habit (3-4 on weekends), and 26 years on analogs to quitting the day after I got the Ego. Two out of the three smokers in our office have quit after seeing that vaping worked for me. I've also had a few friends switch to vaping, and they've gotten some of their family members to switch too.

So about 5-1/2 months analog free and I think I want try a VV PV. I'm going to wait and see what people here think of the Ego-C Twist when it becomes available. I've read a lot of good things here about the Provari but I'm not sure how pocket-able that is. Was thinking of doing a DCT or some other tank system with whatever VV I get so pocketability might end up going out the window anyway.

Well congrats again, and while these things are not without their issues and a bit of a learning curve, I'm happy to be off analogs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.