ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
@ccwaters,
The gus fuse measures .235" x .098".
Thanks for sharing your expertise.

Thanks for measuring!

Anyone know how/where to order a bunch of these on the cheap?

A part # or description would be amazing as it seems it is very easy to order the wrong thing....

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Not a real extensive search (just Digikey) but the closest I've found that they have are .24 x .1 the difference could be in your measuring tool/process, or it could be very slightly larger. Its pretty darn close, how tight is the fit in the mod? Any room for variance?

They are inexpensive, and last time I ordered from Digikey they offered First Class USPS so shipping was pretty cheap.

Here are links to the 12 amp and a 15 amp.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/bel-fuse-inc/SSQ-12/507-1058-6-ND/741962

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/bel-fuse-inc/SSQ-15/507-1059-6-ND/741963

If you don't think they are a go I'll look a little further at a few other places, but in my experience there is a sizing standard with these types of components.

Also are there any markings on the ones supplied by Gus?

Reactions: KentA

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Not a real extensive search (just Digikey) but the closest I've found that they have are .24 x .1 the difference could be in your measuring tool/process, or it could be very slightly larger. Its pretty darn close, how tight is the fit in the mod? Any room for variance?

They are inexpensive, and last time I ordered from Digikey they offered First Class USPS so shipping was pretty cheap.

Here are links to the 12 amp and a 15 amp.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/bel-fuse-inc/SSQ-12/507-1058-6-ND/741962

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/bel-fuse-inc/SSQ-15/507-1059-6-ND/741963

If you don't think they are a go I'll look a little further at a few other places, but in my experience there is a sizing standard with these types of components.

Also are there any markings on the ones supplied by Gus?
Thank You, ccwaters.

I've ordered 10 of the 15 amp fuses. I am confident they'll fit since the one I measured went in/out easily, & you're indeed correct about the standard sizes.

If they fit, I'll send a few to @BreSha6869. If they don't fit, I'll send him even more. LOL. And of course I'll post the results of this Gus Fuse Epic in this thread.

P.S. I saw no markings on the originals.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Thank You, ccwaters.

I've ordered 10 of the 15 amp fuses. I am confident they'll fit since the one I measured went in/out easily, & you're indeed correct about the standard sizes.

If they fit, I'll send a few to @BreSha6869. If they don't fit, I'll send him even more. LOL. And of course I'll post the results of this Gus Fuse Epic in this thread.

P.S. I saw no markings on the originals.
Thanks dude. No need to send me any as I want to order a bunch anyways.

Not until after you confirm they work, of course. :pervy:

P.s. Any long time Gus users able to comment about how long a fuse might last with daily use?

Last edited:

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
I have three 15 amp fuses for my G22 V2 that will last a long time since I swapped out the stock pin for one from one of those cheapo FT Nemi clones.

Gus G22.jpg

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I have three 15 amp fuses for my G22 V2 that will last a long time since I swapped out the stock pin for one from one of those cheapo FT Nemi clones.

View attachment 601335
Thank you. I just recieved two unuseable $6 Nemmy clones from FT. I didn't return them as I wanted the rice pins and other parts for stock. Your post makes the P.O.S. FT clones even more valuable to me now. ;)

Reactions: ericbnc

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
I have power to the atty! I have Vapor!

There was an old original Nemesis on hand so I swapped the Nemi pin for the Gus fuse just like ericbnc said. Because the battery rattled, I installed a " Vape Safe - 2 Cents Fuse" that I had in the junk box but never used.

Gus pic.cropped.JPG

I'm finally vaping my Gus! Thanks everyone!

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
It screws right in, no drilling or changing the Gus top cap.
Woo hoo! Thank you!

I have 8-9 spare fuses from Gus Mods, but I tried using a Nemmy pin and it works perfectly! Authentic and clone.

Note: the older shorter Nemmy pins work as well but there will be a bit of battery rattle... A below are all newer and longer pins...

Authentic on the left and clone on the right....

521FBD87-3C06-4EBF-82CD-A038EBC39496_zpsttq0kfbi.jpg
B456A9D4-F7B6-4CDD-ABDE-DD6B61F73016_zpsknb2aee9.jpg

Last edited:

dingo1799

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
IL
Thank you. I just recieved two unuseable $6 Nemmy clones from FT. I didn't return them as I wanted the rice pins and other parts for stock. Your post makes the P.O.S. FT clones even more valuable to me now. ;)

If you're looking for rice pins, ever been to fatdaddyvapes.com? He also has Delrin pieces, ss atty screw sets, and magnet kits for most mods. Not a huge selection of parts, but extras that will work in a pinch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BreSha6869

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Thanks to @BreSha6869, @ccwaters, & @ericbnc I can finally heat a coil on my Gus Lord.

Using a Nemesis positive pin worked, & now the “surface mount fuses” from Amazon & from Digi-Key arrived & fit nicely.

Now I only need more Gus mods to justify these supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread