HOHM Wrecker 151W TC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Thanks fellas. I should have known better and checked the firmware before becoming peter panic. 1.1.6 was what I believe was on there. Updated, and after a full on day of vaping, and leaving it off overnight, I'm happy to report the reading was the same in the morning.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Thanks fellas. I should have known better and checked the firmware before becoming peter panic. 1.1.6 was what I believe was on there. Updated, and after a full on day of vaping, and leaving it off overnight, I'm happy to report the reading was the same in the morning.
Almost forgot I read that about the G2 way back when (since I had already updated), but it dawned on me later. Sorry I had my head up my tail.

Glad it worked out.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Almost forgot I read that about the G2 way back when (since I had already updated), but it dawned on me later. Sorry I had my head up my tail.

Glad it worked out.

You'll get used to it Tpat, believe me, the air is a little different up there, but you'll get used to it, I know I have.;)

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
Never gonna deal with vaporcube or hohm scam tech either.
Products were trash, all hype (how can you regulate a coil that LOOSES resistance when heated?) (iwepal constant temperature taste control works better)
After ordering slice some Jason Jackson from hello@hohmtech.com (yes that is their official email)
Tried to scam me which I only realized after calling Paypal to see why the extra payment he wanted was not going through, Paypal said vaporpapa and the other account Benjamin j were flagged as being scam and that's why they would not let me pay, that hohm tech employee tried different emails and constantly called trying to get more money even when I didn't even order from those rednecks thiefs, called their number (hohmteck) that guy picked up and refused to answer when I told him I payed regular shipping and didn't want it upgraded (5 people confirmed by Paypal were already victims of these guys and their scamms) if they can't do business honestly, are you really gonna trust those crooks? (Btw got nichrome tc running on my dna75/200, yup it's accurate just have to set it up ;), evolv is a nicer company) sent the crap (no other word for those) back, to their cost. I will never deal with that toilet (that's what the guy at hello@hohmtech said it's their main job) company, dimension engineering at least is an electrical engineering company.
So yea the products are JUNK but what are you to expect from a toilet producing company other than crap?

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Never gonna deal with vaporcube or hohm scam tech either.
Products were trash, all hype (how can you regulate a coil that LOOSES resistance when heated?) (iwepal constant temperature taste control works better)
After ordering slice some Jason Jackson from hello@hohmtech.com (yes that is their official email)
Tried to scam me which I only realized after calling Paypal to see why the extra payment he wanted was not going through, Paypal said vaporpapa and the other account Benjamin j were flagged as being scam and that's why they would not let me pay, that hohm tech employee tried different emails and constantly called trying to get more money even when I didn't even order from those rednecks thiefs, called their number (hohmteck) that guy picked up and refused to answer when I told him I payed regular shipping and didn't want it upgraded (5 people confirmed by Paypal were already victims of these guys and their scamms) if they can't do business honestly, are you really gonna trust those crooks? (Btw got nichrome tc running on my dna75/200, yup it's accurate just have to set it up ;), evolv is a nicer company) sent the crap (no other word for those) back, to their cost. I will never deal with that toilet (that's what the guy at hello@hohmtech said it's their main job) company, dimension engineering at least is an electrical engineering company.
So yea the products are JUNK but what are you to expect from a toilet producing company other than crap?

Didn't we hear all this 2 or 3 months ago?

Reactions: happy valley

MadTemp

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2015
Didn't we hear all this 2 or 3 months ago?

Happened again, this time I tried ordering the plastic crappy one after getting a collection Radeon graphics card and noticing they are using a component of the old gpu cards (1600). thought I'd give it another shot but can't seem to not have to deal with that ....ty company even if you're ordering from a resaler... (for ~$30 thought it was worth dissecting the chip but it turns out it's .... not even worth $5)

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Happened again, this time I tried ordering the plastic crappy one after getting a collection Radeon graphics card and noticing they are using a component of the old gpu cards (1600). thought I'd give it another shot but can't seem to not have to deal with that ....ty company even if you're ordering from a resaler... (for ~$30 thought it was worth dissecting the chip but it turns out it's .... not even worth $5)

You seem to have the worst luck with this company, too bad, when setup right the performance is as good if not better than my DNA and Yihi mods, all of which are a lot more expensive.

Too bad you sent it back, I would gladly have paid you the $5 you say it's worth.

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
I have 2 slices, one se and one le, and bought two more to ship to a friend overseas. They are so "bad" over at vaporcube I bought a G2 several months later to complete the collection.

FSK would be my choice if I had to pick only one between it or a yihi or DNA. Nice to have those two too though.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I have 2 slices, one se and one le, and bought two more to ship to a friend overseas. They are so "bad" over at vaporcube I bought a G2 several months later to complete the collection.

FSK would be my choice if I had to pick only one between it or a yihi or DNA. Nice to have those two too though.

Yeah, as much as I love my SXmini G Class and Finder DNA167 if I had to choose I would keep my G2 over any mod I have and I probably have over 50. I usually have at least 2 G2's in rotation I use everyday and a couple Slice along with whatever new toy I just got. If I get a build that is not working great on one of my DNA or G Class I just pop it on the G2 and set up xxx mode to dial in the exact vape I want. Not all SS316L is the same and the more complex it gets like a Alien of multiple core fused clapton the trickier it becomes. Sure you can put a Yihi and DNA into TCR mode and dial it in there but it is not as easy or fast as just adjusting the FSK %. Nichrome or Kanthal are not possible on a Yihi or DNA chip to TC, the possibilities are endless with a FSK chip, that's why I love it.

One day I need to make a new enclosure for my G2 though, something nice and sexy to make my G Class jealous....haha

Last edited:

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
If I get a build that is not working great on one of my DNA or G Class I just pop it on the G2 and set up xxx mode to dial in the exact vape I want.

Same. It's great. Any time I have something on another mod that just isn't doing it, I always know I can toss it on the G2 and be good to go. I would use mine more if I had more than two of them, so I'm aiming to get another lol.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hohm tech say not to use resistance lock.. Do you guys agree with this? I found both 316SS and Nickel TC modes very weak so far with the wrecker G2. I did have the resistance locked though.. Now i am using it unlocked and i noticed the base resistance doesn't change, so maybe it's like DNA's where you don't need to lock resistance. However still too weak. I had to set SS at 260+ celsius for a 316L joyetech coil, to get any sort of a decent vape, this is 500 Faranheit. Nickel is a little better and almost acceptable at around 440F. on most other mods i vape nickel between 380 and 420. I also can't find a way to adjust TCR therefore it seems I can only use hohm wrecker wire presets. Not so impressed so far, after all the constant raving about FSK chips. i did get it cheap, half price at vaporcube, so i don't regret it, plus it's my first orange mod and i always wanted something in orange, but yeah, the TC is not all that great for me personally.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I don't lock the resistance on my FSK and DNA mods.

Did you do the latest update on the G2? That improved the presets but personally I have never tried nickel coils nor plan too so can't help there. With SS316L coils the TC is good on the preset but I still prefer to use the xXx mode personally to dial in the TC where I like it. The xXx mode is why I love my FSK mods, I can dial in my TC how I like it faster than any other mods. I personally don't care if I am hitting 420 on the nose but I have enough experience with my DNA and SXmini mods that I know what it feels like. Not all SS316L is alike as well so even though I am stuck with whatever my DNA of Yihi mods are doing with it I can tweak it quickly with my FSK mod.

I suggest you get more familiar with the xXx mode and how to adjust the FSK%. I wrote a first time users guide on another forum that should help you out. PM if you can't find it, might take me a little while to respond though, out n about right now.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Vesh

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Very latest, 2.5.7.. first thing I did.

I see the XXX mode is therefore their version of a TCR.. where you choose xXx then go into the advanced menus and go through percentages? I might do some google searching to see what sort of percentages people like for certain wires. At this stage it works with presets as long as i pump the temp up high, so i suppose that's a workaround for now..

Look i have the same problem with my minikin 2.. all temp modes are WAY off, underpowered.. Nickel at 480 F was barely doing anything..

Yet Daniel DJLSB vapes showed the opposite, that the nickel was ever so slightly overpowered. So I think it really depends on the coil, and perhaps these non fancy small single coil MTL pre built ones, just work differently to RTA/RDA coils.. Another example, Daniel shows the Smok factory 316 tcr to always be off by being too weak, but if i change my smok mods to 0.00092 like Daniel does, THEN my vape is weak on the pro CL 0.6 Joyetech coil, and if i leave it at the smok default 0.000105 it's actually one of the best SS316 vapes of all my mods.. DNA 316 presets are awful, for example, and i definitely need to start exploring escribe. DNA's on nickel and TI though are just flawless in every way.

So perhaps the FSK is great with bigger coils/wraps etc as default, and the MTL tiny coils just work totally differently. Right now i have the Joyetech ego one mega tank with pro CL 316L coil, on smok H priv SS mode, default 0.000105 TCR, 23 watts and 430 faranheit and it's pure perfection. (for example).

Reactions: mjag

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Yeah, that's the thing if you use a lot of different wire, you can get varying results. That's the main reason I love my FSK chips, don't have to remembet what wire is in there, just adjust FSK % up if it too cold and down if it is too hot.

For kanthal in xxx mode I like anywhere from 2.5 to 5% FSK. SS316L from 8% to 15%, that is usually based on the build, the simpler the build, the lower the FSK %.

There is absolutely no wire that cannot be controlled via xxx mode that I have encountered yet. Even the kanthal core, nichrome wrapped Aliens I have can be tweaked to be a delicious TC vape.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Well my kanthal ijoy elf 0.5 coil needs about 80% to function properly at all, but it is indeed temp limiting. That goes to show the drastic difference between coil types of the same material.. the biggest difference is with pre made vs others. Cheers
Are you using the kanthal mode or the xXx mode? The FSK % are vastly different for the 2. For kanthal mode I think the FSK starts at about 50%, for xXx mode it starts about 2.5%.

I never use Kanthal mode, I learned early on xXx is usually all you need for kanthal, nichrome and SS or all types. Never used it for ti or nickel though so those I would stick with the presets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread