HOHM Wrecker 151W TC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo the Torbi

Jul 21, 2015
Couldn't find a thread on this box mod, I heard there was a lot of hype about it. ecig.com just posted it for $80.50 shipped + 5% extra with code TURBO, the next lowest price I could find was for $180 at vaporcube.

HOHM Wrecker 151W TC Box Mod - ecig.com | Electronic Cigarettes

Product description
Specifications:
  • With FSK chip technology, runs on (2) 25A+ 18650 batteries
  • Size: 4.13 x 2.28 x 0.94 in. (105 x 58 x 24 mm)
  • Thread Style: 510 connection with full-face push pin & high-tensile spring
  • Wattage Output: 10W – 151W (also in TC)
  • Voltage Output: FSK Intellichips automation
  • Temperature Range: 200 oF – 700 oF (93 oC – 372 oC)
  • Ohm Resistance Range: 0.05Ω - 3Ω
  • Temp/Watt Increments: .1-1 watts (WATTS MODE) : 10 oF (TEMP MODE) : 1 oC (TEMP MODE)
SPECIFICATIONS:

• With FSK chip technology, runs on (2) 25A+ 18650 batteries
  • Size: 4.13 x 2.28 x 0.94 in. (105 x 58 x 24 mm)
  • Thread Style: 510 connection with full-face push pin & high-tensile spring
  • Wattage Output: 10W – 151W (also in TC)
  • Voltage Output: FSK Intellichips automation
  • Temperature Range: 200 oF – 700 oF (93 oC – 372 oC)
  • Ohm Resistance Range: 0.05Ω - 3Ω
  • Temp/Watt Increments: .1-1 watts (WATTS MODE) : 10 oF (TEMP MODE) : 1 oC (TEMP MODE)

Jeremy Schreiber

May 27, 2015
Looks really good to me. Dual 18650s, aluminum enclosure, and 151 watts in temperature control. If it truly is only 80 dollars it certainly provides an excellent alternative to the Snow Wolf, IPV4S and Sigelei 150 as well as other similar mods for someone who wants something a bit different. At 180 dollars I think I would just go DNA200, although I know others would disagree because of a questionable hatred of LiPos.

Reactions: MarkCM

KennedyKills

Jul 3, 2015
WI
Good reviews, damn you Turbo LOL. I'm weak.... I gave in.

This is a very strange price drop, hope production batch did not have some fatal issues and that's why they are being dumped at this price. Fingers crossed.

That's kind of what I was wondering. I saw a couple reviews and it seemed like a great device but thats a pretty huge price difference..

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
My main concern with this mod is its lack of adjustable tcr. That really limits the types of tc wire that can be used. I wouldn't be able to run any of the Stainless Steel wire options and probably not NiFe70 either. The DNA200 seems much more versatile, especially with the Escribe data logging and custom tcr curve capability.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
My main concern with this mod is its lack of adjustable tcr. That really limits the types of tc wire that can be used. I wouldn't be able to run any of the Stainless Steel wire options and probably not NiFe70 either. The DNA200 seems much more versatile, especially with the Escribe data logging and custom tcr curve capability.

Nope it is not up gradable nor programmable (like the new Sig), but 150 Watts in TC and regular is quite impressive. I looked away A LOT at $180, but at $80.

I ordered an Orange one, I'm sure something is fishy...... more info....

"HΩ" Hohm Wrecker Mod Review | Guide To Vaping

Features
With the Hohm Wrecker, the features are almost endless. This device is feature packed, so I’ll tell you about the basics, then list other additional features.

Starting off, the HohmTech Hohm Wrecker Mod has a full CNC casing made of Aluminum, it has a spring-loaded 510 connection, accepts two 18650 batteries, the shield over the electronics in the battery compartment is also made of Aluminum, and it utilizes the FSK (Flagship Killer) Chip, which has can fire up to 151 watts and able to supports resistances as low as 0.05Ω. Additionally, the Hohm Wrecker also has temperature control with a temperature range of 200F to 700F and can also fire up to 151 watts. This device also has a Insane Temps feature, which fires the device instantly to 151W until it reaches your set temperature – basically it has a pre-heat function much like the DNA40/200 chip.

Read more "HΩ" Hohm Wrecker Mod Review | Guide To Vaping

Last edited:

TheLordWinter

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2010
Detroit, MI
The guys at my local B&M got these in Monday and tested one of them out. Dude choked on his Uwell Crown tank and had to turn the wattage down by about 10-15 watts. Said it had more kick than other mods of the same power. Makes me wonder what differences an oscilloscope would show someone who knew how to interpret the results.

Reactions: suspectK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread