Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Reactions: Super Flex

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
I have been intriqued by this chip since the release of the G2. I am very interested in this mod. Does anyone have a recommended 26650 battery?

*edit

I just noticed that it says that it has a 500day warranty. If that is true, that is amazing, and this will probably be my next mod too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Super Flex

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
Batteries:
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
Source I use:
Earth's #1 source for IMR 18650 Batteries, Chargers, Cases & Wraps | IMRbatteries.com

18650 to 26650 sleeves can be found in a lot of places, ebay, vape shops, even amazon. But I just use a hunk of schedule 40 3/4" PVC.

This chip is different than the G2, though how much is still up in the air, it also has boost instead of just buck as the G2 only has.

Kanthal TC on the G2 is not yet accurate nor repeatable. Though it will limit at some temperature most of the time.

Also W mode on the G2 runs too hot. Though running 32% in xXx mode is within several degrees of set temp.

Both of the above issues *could be addressed in SW but has yet to be done.

Maybe the Slice has additional hardware or firmware on the new FSK-XT board that will address the K TC limitations with the G2 as the Slice is being advertised with the "0.000001 flatline ohm" moniker whatever that means.

Though it sports multiple SS settings, given the over temp performance of the G2 in W mode, it makes me wonder how accurate they will be. And I see no mention of xXx mode as yet on the slice which I consider the saving grace of the G2.

I do like the form factor and hope the 510 with "high tensile pin" is better than on the G2. But at that price point...we'll see.

Given the promise of K TC that the G2 has yet to live up to, I want to see what friend Phil has to say about the slice to see if it really is a "slice of everything good from every mod ever made". But at least they aren't calling it the 007 of mods.

But given my deserved trepidation with Hohm Tech, there are several likable aspects to the slice; Price half that of G2, only uses one battery, 100W more than enough for a lot of people, plastic case (except maybe Limited Edition with layered and baked ceramic symbols), charge port and battery door, "ergonomic" box design, and a bunch of different SS settings.

While I like the 26650 basis, I am surprised as a lot of people like the smaller and lighter 18650. I am also surprised because HT offers 18650s (Life and Work) but not a 26650, at least not yet.

They also advertise the slice as accommodating up to a 25mm atty. Given the battery is 26mm itself and then add a few mm for case wall thickness, I don't see why 30mm attys would look terrible.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I like it, having a portable device with the FSK board is a must have for me.

The price is right, and once again I use stainless so kanthal TC isn't a feature I care about.

I will leave this imagery so folks can see it.

@350ZMO What makes you think it's plastic? It looks like zinc to me.

bcGTspV.jpg

vEM20EF.jpg

350ZMO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Alabama
www.ecigarette411.com
@f1vefour The vaping 360 preview. Plastic for case, at least skin, hides scratches and dings better so it's not necessarily a bad thing. I have a mod that has spun cast zinc sides and is massively heavy compared to aluminum mods. Not sure what the LE for $10 more is made of but it purportedly has layered and baked ceramic symbols.

Reactions: f1vefour

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
The plastic case material was in the preview write-up on 360 Vape (Hohm Tech “Hohm Slice” Preview - Vaping360). The passage:

Finally, the size and form factor of the Hohm Slice are completely different from the Hohm Wrecker G2. The new mod eschews the hard edges of its predecessor in favor of smooth lines. To make the mod more affordable, HohmTech moved from the high-strength aluminum alloy to plastic.

On an semi-related note, got the Basen Black 26650 batteries in today that I ordered in anticipation of the Slice. They were one of the top-rated ones by Mooch, and have been working very well. Using them in my only other 26650 regulated mod (Encom) and can finally get it to fire at 80w. My MNKEs would cause a check battery error once I got past 40w even on a full charge. Got them at Liion Wholesale:
Wholesale Li-ion Batteries for Vaping, Flashlights | Liion Wholesale

heateris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
SEPA
They also advertise the slice as accommodating up to a 25mm atty. Given the battery is 26mm itself and then add a few mm for case wall thickness, I don't see why 30mm attys would look terrible.

Looks like it tapers down on the pin side similar to the stout.

absoluttalent

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Lombard, IL
I have been on the fence about getting the wrecker g2. And now I am on the fence about the Slice.
I like what ive seen and read about their chip. G2 i wasnt sold on the box. Slice Im not sold on having to buy new batteries again. And both, I am definitely not sold on their choice of the little logos all over the ......ned place. The Ohm symbols I can understand... but the gender ones seem out of place. Atleast on the slice it doesnt stand out so much.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
I have been on the fence about getting the wrecker g2. And now I am on the fence about the Slice.
I like what ive seen and read about their chip. G2 i wasnt sold on the box. Slice Im not sold on having to buy new batteries again. And both, I am definitely not sold on their choice of the little logos all over the .......ed place. The Ohm symbols I can understand... but the gender ones seem out of place. Atleast on the slice it doesnt stand out so much.

The performance and battery life makes up for any subjective issue you could have with the G2.

I can't say how this will be on the Slice when boosting, when bucking it should be the same.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
And both, I am definitely not sold on their choice of the little logos all over the .......ed place. The Ohm symbols I can understand... but the gender ones seem out of place. Atleast on the slice it doesnt stand out so much.

I am not seeing the gender symbols on the pictures above. Am I missing them?

*Edit
Never mind. I see them in the original link but not in the brochure above. I wonder if they are doing away with them.

Plainredpanda

Apr 22, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread