How bad do you think Vaping is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I'm not overly swayed by percentages. Some of it depends on the individuals physiology, too. I subscribe to THR (Tobacco Harm Reduction). Vaping is better than smoking. My experience says quite a bit better. I switched and am going to continue vaping.

Just another note; I smoked when I was stressed. I am at 3mg e-juice, I will probably stay there. After all, my MIL does visit...

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway
I smoked for over 15 years and have been vaping for about a month. I currently vape 12 mg I'm working on getting down to 6 mg. I can already feel my lungs clearing out but I still have a cigarette or two a day.I'm not sure how "safe" vaping is but I'd rather take my chances with vaping than sticking with smoking. I think I'm really close to giving up cigarettes once and for all.
Then stick to 12 mg or increase to 16-18 mg until you stopped with those two cigarettes a day. If you haven't quit smoking, then it's not the time to reduce nicotine. Just my two cents for you.

Reactions: PinkCupcake

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway
I started on 18 then dropped to 12 as 18 was terrible tasting, then dropped to 6 and now bounce between 6 and 12 depending on the brand as some manufacturers now only produce in 3 and 6 but some of my favorites are still producing in 12mg.
And that is a shame, because the newbies need more to quit smoking. For a smoker, it will feel strange to lung inhale with a RDA or a sub ohm tank.

Hmmm

Aug 28, 2015
UK
I smoked for over 15 years and have been vaping for about a month. I currently vape 12 mg I'm working on getting down to 6 mg. I can already feel my lungs clearing out but I still have a cigarette or two a day.I'm not sure how "safe" vaping is but I'd rather take my chances with vaping than sticking with smoking. I think I'm really close to giving up cigarettes once and for all.
This might help to ease any concerns you may have: E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review - Press releases - GOV.UK

stacia719

Aug 21, 2015
doctor says good things.

My doctor actually suggested it because of the amount of patients he has that quit smoking by vaping. :thumb:

Inhaling anything besides oxygen is inherantly not ideal, but it is what it is. Also 'typical' nic levels vary based on ohms. I tried 12mg at first cause i smoked a pack or more of Camels a day for 13 years and it was too harsh, but I didn't realize that with a subtank, nic needs to be lower. That may have a lot to do with vendors carrying lower nic liquids.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Wolf

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Personally i guess vaping is probably perfectly harmless. There are variables though.

The safe vaping power chart can help people to avoid common mistakes, apparently over heating your e liquid can produce toxic vapour. Then there's vaping with a dried out wick (a dry hit), obviously not knowing the wick has dried out, (doubt anyone would vape with a dry wick deliberately). Then there's battery safety, i'm no expert but using the right batteries would be a good place to start.

So i suppose avoiding what not to do when vaping would render vaping benign. Recently i've heard of a particucar study which provided results that show what kind of toxins are produced from using too much power, the problem with that is it was made to sound like using high wattage/volts is harmful to a users health. So i think it's down to the user to ensure just how safe vaping can be by learning "How to". If there were a comprehensive "how to" book on the subject of safe vaping then maybe people wouldn't be so put off by studies they hear about.

LuNar

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2014
Hays KS
I've smoked cigs for about 5-6 years. Picked up a ego pen and I quit cigs completely within 2 weeks. Not a single cig since.

I feel pretty good, It's easier for me to breathe, smell, taste, and I don't get winded while I'm working my ... off.

On the other side, my nose is dry as hell lol. I vape a lot so I really need to drink even more water because vaping will dehydrate you. Working in 100+ deg f weather sucks, on top of that getting dehydrated from a vape here and there really means I have to watch my water consumption. Not too much, not to little.

I've actually saved money, Ya I may have a little collection of mods/tanks/and rda's. But in the past year I've saved over $400. I'm happy.

As for the longer term health concerns with vaping... Well we all know cigs will kill you and even the people around you, Giving increased chances of developing multiple types of cancer, disease, and heart problems. So far it seems that vaping is much less harmful than smoking those cigs.

I'll take my chances vaping my blue berry and stawbana :D

Katie G

Aug 27, 2015
I use a subohm tank and 3mg nicotine and I easily get through a 10ml bottle a day. I drink about 10 cups of Earl Grey Tea a day.
Vaping anything beyond 3mg is "crazy" in my opinion. I have NEVER smoked and just vape. I take it that all of you guys are in the vaping game just to come off ciggies? I really hope it will not emerge that vaping does something bad to you because I enjoy it. But then, the effects of vaping may not readily manifest and instead, there may be something long-term. For example, I know quite a few vapers who had had lung infections and pneumonia which I highly suspect may be from vaping since it may create favourable conditions for bacteria to breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread