How bad do you think Vaping is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I use a subohm tank and 3mg nicotine and I easily get through a 10ml bottle a day. I drink about 10 cups of Earl Grey Tea a day.
vaping anything beyond 3mg is "crazy" in my opinion. I have NEVER smoked and just vape. I take it that all of you guys are in the vaping game just to come off ciggies? I really hope it will not emerge that vaping does something bad to you because I enjoy it. But then, the effects of vaping may not readily manifest and instead, there may be something long-term. For example, I know quite a few vapers who had had lung infections and pneumonia which I highly suspect may be from vaping since it may create favourable conditions for bacteria to breed.
OK. That's much better information. :)
First off, this:
I use a subohm tank and 3mg nicotine and I easily get through a 10ml bottle a day.
Tells us why you're thinking you may be overdoing the nic. And you may be.

You're an adult, and can use nic if you wish. I personally hope you don't get addicted and decide to stay off it (it's still a vascular constrictor) but that's up to you not me. When you're cloud chasing, you have to know how to control your nic levels a lot more than you might with low-wattage/low-volume stuff. Think nic-level TIMES the volume. And sub-ohm tanks have a lot of vape volume.

Maybe try this:
Get some zero mg juice of the flavor you like. Also get your 3 mg (which is probably the lowest they sell). Mix it 50/50. That will give you the 1.5 mg. Or maybe just try the 0 mg for a while. You can also save some $$$ by cutting it with DIY PG and VG available in 'jugs/jars' from vendors at much lower cost than e-juice with nic and flavor. But you'll have to mix up the cut-solution yourself, and it will also cut the flavor.

Since you didn't smoke before, it's likely you'll feel adverse effects from vaping, since adding anything to your body has an effect. Sure, the nic has some positive effects too...it calms and brings light endorphin effects. There are other things nic does, positive and negative. See the health section off the main page. The PG/VG is not as good for your lungs as clean air...you're coating your lungs with "stuff". That stuff is drying too.

Reactions: David Wolf

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Hi guys, I know that there is no conclusive evidence about the effects of vaping, but what effect does vaping have on you?
    That I've stopped nailing my coffin with cigarettes and my wallet is slowly getting fatter must be related to this dern PV thing. :vapor:

Reactions: David Wolf

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I use a subohm tank and 3mg nicotine and I easily get through a 10ml bottle a day. I drink about 10 cups of Earl Grey Tea a day.
    Vaping anything beyond 3mg is "crazy" in my opinion. I have NEVER smoked and just vape. I take it that all of you guys are in the vaping game just to come off ciggies? I really hope it will not emerge that vaping does something bad to you because I enjoy it. But then, the effects of vaping may not readily manifest and instead, there may be something long-term. For example,
    I know quite a few vapers who had had lung infections and pneumonia which I highly suspect may be from vaping since it may create favourable conditions for bacteria to breed.

Please explain the "favourable conditions for bacteria to breed" statement. This is Classic FUD.
    You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to make things up.

Be safer
    cheers
    I

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 31, 2013
    Spanaway, Wa.
    Well, lets see...

Vaping was something my wife and I tried like 6 years ago when all that was available was the cig-a-like stuff and that proved a dismal failure. A couple years later, we bought 2 new cars and finally decided that it was time to try it again. We both liked that "new car smell" and didn't want to stink up the new rides.

This time it was a different experience. New equipment was out that made the switch for both of us MUCH easier. Neither one of us has picked up a stinky since then and we're healthier, smell better and save money (well she does anyways). I spend way to much money trying new things, while she's very happy with hers.

David Wolf

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 11, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Vaping anything beyond 3mg is "crazy" in my opinion. I have NEVER smoked and just vape. I take it that all of you guys are in the vaping game just to come off ciggies? I really hope it will not emerge that vaping does something bad to you because I enjoy it. But then, the effects of vaping may not readily manifest and instead, there may be something long-term. For example, I know quite a few vapers who had had lung infections and pneumonia which I highly suspect may be from vaping since it may create favourable conditions for bacteria to breed.
    FYI smoking cigarettes is about like vaping 50mg nic in a little pen type Device that doesn't put out much vapor, as far as blood level nic intake goes.The big tobacco Vuse has 4.8% (48 mg) for that reason. That's why ex smokers use higher nic levels. You reduce the nic substantially if you use subohm big cloud devices because you're taking in more vapor thus more nic. Crazy? Crazy is vaping if you never smoked and not using vaping to stay off cigarettes haha ;)

Reactions: AttyPops

Lannie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2015
    The windy plains of South Dakota
    Vaping anything beyond 3mg is "crazy" in my opinion. I have NEVER smoked and just vape. I take it that all of you guys are in the vaping game just to come off ciggies? I really hope it will not emerge that vaping does something bad to you because I enjoy it. But then, the effects of vaping may not readily manifest and instead, there may be something long-term. For example, I know quite a few vapers who had had lung infections and pneumonia which I highly suspect may be from vaping since it may create favourable conditions for bacteria to breed.

Oh. I wrongly assumed that you had taken up vaping in order to quit smoking. Please disregard my previous posts then, as they have nothing to do with your situation.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas
    For example, I know quite a few vapers who had had lung infections and pneumonia which I highly suspect may be from vaping since it may create favourable conditions for bacteria to breed.

Ummm............

THE BACTERICIDAL ACTION OF PROPYLENE GLYCOL VAPOR ON MICROORGANISMS SUSPENDED IN AIR. I

Concentrations of 1 gm. of propylene glycol vapor in two to four million cc. of air produced immediate and complete sterilization of air into which pneumococci, streptococci, staphylococci, H. influenzae, and other microorganisms as well as influenza virus had been sprayed.

I don't think you have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about. Propylene Glycol vapor, even in tiny amounts KILLS bacteria and viruses. In fact hospitals use it specifically for that purpose.

Reactions: GranFumador

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Ummm............

THE BACTERICIDAL ACTION OF PROPYLENE GLYCOL VAPOR ON MICROORGANISMS SUSPENDED IN AIR. I

I don't think you have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about. Propylene Glycol vapor, even in tiny amounts KILLS bacteria and viruses. In fact hospitals use it specifically for that purpose.
    Good point. However, cloud chasers like her vape heavy VG, much less PG, or even 100% VG.
    That doesn't mean I do or don't think there's a correlation. I simply don't know. You have to wonder about infection when you inhale ANYTHING other than clean air. Also, killing the good bacteria can often lead to take-over by bad bacteria. And cleaning of vape-gear may be important. All that said, who knows?

We do know smokers have increased risk.

From a THR standpoint, I'll take vaping any day of the week. From a doing-nothing compared to vaping standpoint....?????

Completely Average

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2014
    Suburbs of Dallas
    Good point. However, cloud chasers like her vape heavy VG, much less PG, or even 100% VG.

Heavy VG still has PG in it. It's near impossible to vape true 100% VG. You have to order special flavorings and nic base for your juice since those are usually suspended in PG. "Max VG" is often still 5-10% PG.

Their units of measurement can be a bit confusing, but what they are basically saying is that if the air contains just .5% PG vapor that is enough to sterilize the air from both bacteria and viruses. .5% PG vapor isn't even enough to be seen. You could vape max VG and the PG in the flavoring alone would be enough to sterilize the air that you vape.

And while yes, killing the "good" bacteria could make it easier for "bad" bacteria to take hold, that would also require you to stop vaping entirely. As soon as you took a puff the "bad" bacteria would be killed. It's also going to kill the bacteria in the air in the room you're in, so your exposure to "bad" bacteria would be greatly reduced as well.

Reactions: Izan
    If you're feeling anxious on 3mg then I'd agree that it's more likely that you're not getting enough nic rather than too much. I'd suggest rather than increase your strength, you try vaping for slightly longer - I've noticed a lot of beginners seem to think they can vape like they smoked - it doesn't work that way; vaping delivers the nicotine slower than an analogue cigarette, therefore if you vape for 5 minutes, then you'd need to vape for longer to get the same effect from the nicotine in vaping.

Lannie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2015
    The windy plains of South Dakota
    If you're feeling anxious on 3mg then I'd agree that it's more likely that you're not getting enough nic rather than too much. I'd suggest rather than increase your strength, you try vaping for slightly longer - I've noticed a lot of beginners seem to think they can vape like they smoked - it doesn't work that way; vaping delivers the nicotine slower than an analogue cigarette, therefore if you vape for 5 minutes, then you'd need to vape for longer to get the same effect from the nicotine in vaping.

But she never smoked... she just wants clouds. I think the problem is too MUCH nicotine in her case, since she never had any before.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010

Hank813

ECF Veteran
    Jul 16, 2015
    I guess that too.
    However, "anxious" is too nondescript.

Maybe this will help her:
    Nicotine - all you need to know about it | E-Cigarette Forum
    I haven't paid 100% to everything that everyone is saying but I think that if it is the woman that says she's drinking 12 cups of Earl Grey tea a day because tea has a lot of caffeine in it I'm not positive that Earl Grey tea has as much caffeine as other tease but that would cause anxiety more than anything. If it was too much nicotine it wouldn't be an anxious feeling it would probably be more like a light headed buzz feeling. At least that's what happens when so One vape way higher nicotine level than there used to.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread