How can I get a more powerful feeling vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
What exactly is meant by rebuilding? Rebuilding the coil? Or a mechanical mod or what?

I've been thinking I should just do that but then it's a whole new set of decisions and learning curve, lol
I have been thinking about the REO Grand or maybe one of these? Super T ~ Simplicity

What exactly will be different in the way I have to use or maintain one of those compared to my spinner?

You'll probably want to do a little more vaping and learning before diving into that aspect of it.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Yes wrapping a coil around a wick and attaching it to your atomizer is what I mean by rebuilding. The nice thing about the Octo is it is less than 10 bucks to find out if you like mucking with that stuff.

As for the REO. My Reo + RM2 arrived today. So far I am loving the thing. I have not had a chance to play with builds on the RM2 yet. I have just been using a standard 510 non rebuildable dripping atty. The TH on the standard 510 dripping atty I have is not all that strong. I expect the RM2 will be better since I can wrap the coil to my own specs and get the TH and amount of vapor dialed in to my taste.

That level of rebuilding takes some practice and some homework to do correctly and safely but then again that is true of the Octo as well.

I'll definitely try the octopus, they have them at my local store. Can you also recommend a 510 non rebuildable dripping atty that I could try?

How do you know how many times to wrap the wire around and what ohms you end up with?

Can you carry the REO in your purse without it dripping fluid?

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I'll definitely try the octopus, they have them at my local store. Can you also recommend a 510 non rebuildable dripping atty that I could try?

How do you know how many times to wrap the wire around and what ohms you end up with?

Can you carry the REO in your purse without it dripping fluid?

Honestly this 510 dripping atty I have is not any particular name brand. It is one I picked up 5 months ago to test flavors when making juice and I just never used it much. No clue where I got it or what it is.

How many wraps and or what wire around what wicking material is part of the homework you need to do. You will need a multimeter to read the ohms as well. Watch some youtube videos do some homeworks. Get comfy with Ohm's Law. Learn about battery safety. I THINK you will have to hit min 1.7 ohms for it to fire on the spinner but I am not sure. I know my ego bats wont fire below that. DO some homework and find out:)

On the REO I have only had it a day. I stuck it in the outside pocket of my purse that is meant for cell phones. Not a drop leaked. It does have a lock on the fire button so no worries about it firing unexpectedly.

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
So when you can buy coils already made why are the homemade ones so much better? Other than saving you money that is.

Because I know what I am doing at this point I can get the exact ohm level I prefer for my preferred juice. That lets me tailor how much vapor and TH I get using the atty. With a premade coil (assuming it is a well done coil) you get what they give you.

Let me add something here. I got into doing the rebuildables because there are not close B&Ms to me. If the FDA comes down on vaping hard we could lose the ability to buy supplies via the internet. Wick and wire they cannot touch so a rebuildable can be kept going for a VERY long time no matter what the FDA does.

Paraniod? Maybe, but vaping broke a 30+ year old habit and I am not going to risk the FDA sending me back to cigs for lack of vaping supplies.

Last edited:

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Because I know what I am doing at this point I can get the exact ohm level I prefer for my preferred juice. That lets me tailor how much vapor and TH I get using the atty. With a premade coil (assuming it is a well done coil) you get what they give you.

Let me add something here. I got into doing the rebuildables because there are not close B&Ms to me. If the FDA comes down on vaping hard we could lose the ability to buy supplies via the internet. Wick and wire they cannot touch so a rebuildable can be kept going for a VERY long time no matter what the FDA does.

Paraniod? Maybe, but vaping broke a 30+ year old habit and I am not going to risk the FDA sending me back to cigs for lack of vaping supplies.
That said, I'm starting my homework and taking notes starting NOW!!! :) thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread