How Do You Refill The Vapor King?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I feel a little dissapointed with the VK...I had been vaping with this for a week and yesterday I tried out my BE901 ato on the batteries that came with the VK. Well I was very surprised that the 901 produced much more vapor (with same throat hit) and better taste. I still wouldn't mind all that since you don;t have to drip or top off with the VK but this having to throw each ato out and you can't refill them effectively really...is a deal breaker. I just don;t understand why no one mentioned this with the original VKs. I know they are supposed to be disposable but every one was saying that the they were refilling for a week or two. NOt one person mentioned them getting hot like this. I don;t think most people would buy these if they knew they would have to use a new cart every day.

DJ_Feffen

Mar 6, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I have found that if i pop off the cap on the bottom to refill tehn the carts seem to get hot, maybe the wire is being moved a bit? Since ive been dripping from the battery end its been ok.

Also dont let your carts get dry before you refill. I think the material doesnt absorb as well once it dries out so the liquid you are refilling with kinda just sits there and burns up and gets hot when you pull.

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
I don't know...am I the only one here that sees any logic behind this?

The carts are "Disposable". That is how they are being marketed and true to it's nature, that's what they are.

The original intention of the "disposable" cart was for one time use then throw it out.

No your not Blue!
Just posted that to someone asking about two piece e-cigs, and he mentioned this very "problem", to which I told him that these atty's are disposables. they are not meant to be used for the long haul. Refilling them pushes them to the limit.
So what? They get hot.... then they cool down... then you keep vapin! Not a big deal for a great product.
My best
-VP

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I have found that if i pop off the cap on the bottom to refill tehn the carts seem to get hot, maybe the wire is being moved a bit? Since ive been dripping from the battery end its been ok.

Also dont let your carts get dry before you refill. I think the material doesnt absorb as well once it dries out so the liquid you are refilling with kinda just sits there and burns up and gets hot when you pull.

Can you give detailed explanation of how you refill? How many drops in order to refill? Do you let it rest after refilling? Or do you try to drip through out the whole day trying to keep the cart material moist without overfilling? Any detail would help. Thanks in advance

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
Just a heads up,
You can also just drip 3 - 5 drops in when the cart starts to lose some flavor, and keep on vapin. I will drop in 3 or 5 in the bat end, roll it on a table, and then screw it back on. Good to go for another couple of hours, and no waiting all night. Just sayin, it has worked for me.
My best,
-VP

zagleft1

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2008
I'm of the "refill from the battery side" school of VK refilling as well and haven't yet had any battery problems yet. One time I even zoned out and dripped 5 drops into the BATTERY itself before I realized what I was doing. Amazingly, even that didn't kill it.

I think this is the weekend (rain predicted) that I set up my VaporKing Refill Production Line. I've got this growing bag of used VK (and compatible) cartomizers and all I can think about is how those perfectly good atomizers are sitting there unused while I burn cash on new carts. Here's my plan:

1. Find a piece of styrofoam wide enough to hold about 10 carts pushed into it side by side, battery hole facing up.
  2. 1 drop in Cart 1, move on to Cart 2 and so on down the line
  3. By the time I get to #10, Cart 1 should have had time to soak down a little and I put drop 2 in Cart 1, drop 2 in Cart 2, etc.
  4. Repeat cycle until I've got 15 drops into each cart.
  5. Cap and bag those suckers and let them ferment for at least 24 hours.

I'll report back on my results :thumb:

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
  1. Find a piece of styrofoam wide enough to hold about 10 carts pushed into it side by side, battery hole facing up.
  3. By the time I get to #10, Cart 1 should have had time to soak down a little and I put drop 2 in Cart 1, drop 2 in Cart 2, etc.
  5. Cap and bag those suckers and let them ferment for at least 24 hours. :thumb:
Well, I am liking your train of thought......sounds organized and I love organization, so I will try it also, and report back.

Thanks for the tip! :)

I feel a little dissapointed with the VK...I had been vaping with this for a week and yesterday I tried out my BE901 ato on the batteries that came with the VK. Well I was very surprised that the 901 produced much more vapor (with same throat hit) and better taste. I still wouldn't mind all that since you don;t have to drip or top off with the VK but this having to throw each ato out and you can't refill them effectively really...is a deal breaker. I just don;t understand why no one mentioned this with the original VKs. I know they are supposed to be disposable but every one was saying that the they were refilling for a week or two. NOt one person mentioned them getting hot like this. I don;t think most people would buy these if they knew they would have to use a new cart every day.

Have you ever had a cigarette last you a whole day?

People that opt to buy this particular model for the most part is for the ease of use and convienece. Many refill to save themselves a couple of bucks. I personally go throught an average of 3 carts a day.

As far as using the atomizer from a different model and getting different results, did you notice the number of holes on the other atomizer? The new VK's have 4 holes for which air is vented through. If the atomizer from your other model e-cig has less than 4 holes and/or the holes between battery and cart do not align up, of course you're going to get more vapor and flavor because of the lack of air. Because of the lack of air, the atomizer will heat up alot hotter, burn more juice resulting in more vapor and flavor. But that does not neccessarily mean it's better. Because it is hotter, you'll burn more juice alot faster and the atomizer will not last as long.

From what I read from original VK users who also have the newer version, The original VK's were different than these newer models. The newer models have 4 holes for an easier drag than the originals. This can lower the vapor amount to some extent but really not by much.

But Vapor does not make the e-cig. I use to own the ePuffer eaze magnum and the dam thing was steam engine. I have yet to see an e-cig come close to the vapor production the eaze magnum produces. However, the carts had no taste and the batteries did not last long at all.

IMO, a great e-cig has a good balance of ease of use, vapor, flavor, drag, throat hit, battery and cart life. Although there is no such thing as the perfect e-cig, I believe that the vapor king to date, has come very close to acheiving this well roundness.

The only set back is when the carts heat up when using a refilled cart. Again, I say, if one does not like to fact that it heats up, then don't refill the carts.

If one is having a heating issue with a new cart, then they need to watch and observe how hard they drag on the vk. Steve has mentioned plenty of times to take slow drags. I have found through trial and error that when I take the deep hard drags, my atty will heat up. when I take a slow drag, but not to long, I do not have the heat up issue.

With carts that I have refilled, I take my drags very slowly for about 2-3 seconds then put it down. Doing it this way, my carts are not heating up to the point that it becomes a "problem".

BTW, people have been talking about carts heating up for some time on other threads.

I think overall, everyone has their own needs and criteria for the ultimate cig. what it boils down to is whatever works for the individual person.

VK works for me :D

Last edited:
I'm not understanding this. If I were to drip liquid into the bat end of the cartomizer, won't it just come out the other end? What hole in what middle? What the hell am I dabbing with a napkin? I thought it had to sit for several hours and not mintures after refilling.

PLEASE BE SPECIFIC!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!! ONCE!!!!!!!!! SPECIFIC!!!!!!!!!!!

For a quick refill - 2-5 drops - Wait a few minutes - Cart will last you another hour or two (depends on your vaping)

For a full refill - 10-15 drops - Best to let it sit overnight. Cart will last you another day or so (again, depends on your vaping)

Unless you over fill it, the juice will not come out the other end. The juice is absorb by the filling insde the cart.

Note there are other ways to refill but this is the way I do it with good results. No need to blow into it on the battery end or suck on it from the mouth end.

I'm not into doing videos but here is a video that I did extremely quick just for you in the hopes that it can clear up whatever confusing you are experiencing.

YouTube - Vapor King Electronic Cigarette - Refilling Cart

Specific enough ?? :D

Last edited:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Max thanks for the the reply...for what it is the VK is very good...as a disposable cartomizer ecig. As far as I am concerned it is not a 901 killer as some reviewers were claiming. I was just disappointed that some people were saying that these carts can last a weeks worth of refilling. I don't think they can be refilled effectively once. As you also noted...the draw, vapor production and the most important throat hit just aren't the same with refilled carts. It is obvious that the liquid that are used in these carts is totally different than what we have.

SMILIN

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
CHITOWN USA
www.vapor4life.com
Max thanks for the the reply...for what it is the VK is very good...as a disposable cartomizer ecig. As far as I am concerned it is not a 901 killer as some reviewers were claiming. I was just disappointed that some people were saying that these carts can last a weeks worth of refilling. I don't think they can be refilled effectively once. As you also noted...the draw, vapor production and the most important throat hit just aren't the same with refilled carts. It is obvious that the liquid that are used in these carts is totally different than what we have.

Edo,

How may cartomizers have you used, as these are hand made, they do have variations. I own EVERY ecig available, and to me, the VK BOLWS em away. I just have a feeling you have some poorly constructed atomizers.;)

JMO, If you read my very first post, I point out inconsistency's, and have been trying to get better QC at the factory. Please pm me, and maybe I can help:D

Vape-on Brotha

Steve:cool:

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
I'm of the "refill from the battery side" school of VK refilling as well and haven't yet had any battery problems yet. One time I even zoned out and dripped 5 drops into the BATTERY itself before I realized what I was doing. Amazingly, even that didn't kill it.

I think this is the weekend (rain predicted) that I set up my VaporKing Refill Production Line. I've got this growing bag of used VK (and compatible) cartomizers and all I can think about is how those perfectly good atomizers are sitting there unused while I burn cash on new carts. Here's my plan:

5. Cap and bag those suckers and let them ferment for at least 24 hours.
I'll report back on my results :thumb:

I'm from the opposite side of the refill cart. school.

I pull out the plastic mouthpiece, and fill from that end.

What I found was a hard plastic ammo box works great to hold the cartridges.

I have several slip top ammunition boxes. You know the kind that are in 2 pieces, a top and bottom that just slide together.

Easy to clean-up, just hose it off with hot water.

Anyway, the 9mm, or .38 caliber ammunition box is an almost perfect size to hold the cartridges vertically.

You can pick these up for a few dollars at any gun shop.

I'm from the opposite side of the refill cart. school.

I pull out the plastic mouthpiece, and fill from that end.

What I found was a hard plastic ammo box works great to hold the cartridges.

I have several slip top ammunition boxes. You know the kind that are in 2 pieces, a top and bottom that just slide together.

Easy to clean-up, just hose it off with hot water.

Anyway, the 9mm, or .38 caliber ammunition box is an almost perfect size to hold the cartridges vertically.

You can pick these up for a few dollars at any gun shop.

Dude,

I have ammo boxes and never once did I think of that!!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread