How Do You Refill The Vapor King?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max thanks for the the reply...for what it is the VK is very good...as a disposable cartomizer ecig. As far as I am concerned it is not a 901 killer as some reviewers were claiming. I was just disappointed that some people were saying that these carts can last a weeks worth of refilling. I don't think they can be refilled effectively once. As you also noted...the draw, vapor production and the most important throat hit just aren't the same with refilled carts. It is obvious that the liquid that are used in these carts is totally different than what we have.

I have to agree with Steve's reply, but to some extent yours as well.

In every e-cig out there, you will get different results depending on the juice used. Another thing to keep in mind is that with every e-cig out there, nothing beats a spanking brand new atomizer. This is the benefit that the vapor king has over all the others. A new atomizer with each cart.

IMO, although refilling is a money saver, it just defeats the purpose of the design.

As far as throat hits, I get throat hits when I refill with 15-20 drops and let it sit overnight using the menthol juice I got from V4L and from PS. More so with V4L. It actually makes me cough then I have to take it easy.

A cart can indeed last a week....if the user vapes once or twice a day.

We all have different vaping habits. I posted one time that I can go through anywhere from 3-5 carts per DAY.

So when it comes to reading what others have posted, you need to keep all these things in mind. At the end, you will be the final judge of things.

I also have a DSE901, a RN4081, and a Longtotem V9 (bloog). I used to own the Janty Kissbox and ePuffer Eaze Magnum.

I can stand ontop of a soap box ranting and raving about how the VK just blows everyone out of the water but I won't. My reasoning for this is that different people have different opinions and it alll boils down to each individual's opinion, taste and needs.

I fell into that same trap when everyone was ranting and raving about the Janty Kissbox. Then I was dissappointed. Then I fell into the same trap again with ePuffer Eaze Magnum, and again I was dissappointed.

Then the raves started about the Vapor King. This time around, I took my time, read the posts, did some more research, waited a few months to read up on customer feedback before I made a buying decesion. I also PM'ed a few people for one on one feedback on the Vapor King. Then the time came for me to make a decesion and I took a chance on the Vapor King.

This time around I can honestly tell you that I am not disappointed.

The VK satisfies all the criteria I put in place for what I would call the perfect e-cig for me.

Do I still use my DSE901? Yes for the different flavored juices I have in stock at home. I use it at home only.

Do I still use the RN4081? Yes for when I need to feel like I'm smoking a real cigarette to fight the urges I get every now and then (It looks like a real cig).

Do I still use the Bloog? Yes, when I'm in the mood for a (for lack of a better word) "Bland" menthol taste and tons of vapor using the pass-thru.

But the above e-cigs are all there to satisfy a need that I am having at the moment.

For general, all day vaping and enjoyment and ease of use, I always turn to the VK.

While others have their strengths (and weaknesses) I have found that the VK is a very 'well-rounded" e-cig and a joy to vape with.

Last but not least, let's talk about Steve and Mark.

These guys have proven without a reasonable doubt that they are in the business to satisfy all their customers. They browse the forums regularly to read up on the feedback by users and do respond within a reasonable amount of time. Based on user feedback, Steve stays up till the wee hours of the morning talking to his manufacturer in China discussing design changes and issues.

Can we ask for anything else?

So I say to you, don't be too dissappointed. The VK will grow on you and you will come to enjoy it like many of us have. I am sure if you are having any issues with your particular VK, then Steve and Mark will do what they need to do to keep you smilin like the rest of us.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Steve...I was one of the unlucky ones who got Vk carts with the big holes....every single one of them has large holes (Marlboro 11mg)....Those don;t vape like the normal smaller holes. So Steve if you have control over this make sure your manufacturer doesn't produce the larger hole atomizers. They don't vape well at all. It is an easy fix...I file them down...so the holes become the appropriate size. That is why I haven't complained to you by email.

MAx everything in your post was spot on....IT is just I got to into the hype....when that happens it is easy to get disappointed. People were telling me they refill them 5 times a day and they would last a week or two. That is just not the case. I can refill a couple of times in one day and I have to throw the cart away. Which makes sense with a disposable device.

nealglover

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
UK - York
I'm sure that some people will experience different results, but my last purchase was 10 carts and 2 bottles of Juice.

I have been refilling the carts with ten drops into the battery end whenever they need it, and using straight away.

I have used 8 carts and almost 2 full bottles of juice refilling them. So I am getting around 3-4 days use out of each cart I reckon. And refilling about a quarter bottle into each cart before I bin it.

Not bad for "disposable" ?

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Dude,

I have ammo boxes and never once did I think of that!!

Thanks!

Yeah I was trolling ebay looking at refill juices, etc, and some guy was selling "a handcrafted filling station".

I looked at the photo, and went wait a minute that fillinf station is just a wood block with holes drilled in it.

So I dug around and found a MTM slip top .38 cal ammo box, and Hey the carts fit like a champ.

nealglover

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
UK - York
Neal what Juice exactly do you use and is it a thick juice? My juices are very thick...I use the pure smoker and bestecigs cigar and french pipe juices. I wonder if that has anything ot do with it?

I'm using Steve's nobacco juices. At $12.50 for 20ml they are cheaper than most and it seemed to make sense to use the Juice/carts from the same place.

(plus I love the flavours)

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Well...I had the vape of my life yesterday with a VK...man that cart is still going strong today....I don't think I did anything different. From the beginning tons of vapor and great throat hit and lots of flavor. I don't get it. Finally I get what the hoopla was about. The only visible difference was that these carts had extra small notches. I played cards with my friends and one of my friends went through three hookah setups and I was still going strong on the VK. I went through two batteries and this cartomizer was going strong...with no refills. I have refilled a few times and it is still going great as I am typing this.....hopefully the rest of my carts are this fantastic.

zagleft1

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2008
Well...I had the vape of my life yesterday with a VK...man that cart is still going strong today....I don't think I did anything different. From the beginning tons of vapor and great throat hit and lots of flavor. I don't get it. Finally I get what the hoopla was about. The only visible difference was that these carts had extra small notches. I played cards with my friends and one of my friends went through three hookah setups and I was still going strong on the VK. I went through two batteries and this cartomizer was going strong...with no refills. I have refilled a few times and it is still going great as I am typing this.....hopefully the rest of my carts are this fantastic.

I have to tell you, EVO, that I'm just as mystified as you on this. I did my 10 cart refill production line thing on Saturday, let them sit overnight. The first one I tried was useless and I thought, wow, what a gigantic waste of time this was. The second one I tried beginning yesterday and it is still going strong with great vapor, hit and flavor. If we ever get this figured out, we'll be in high corn.....:cry:

pwholmes

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN, US
I just refilled a nearly spent cola cart with coffee liquid (have never used liquid until today) and even though it's lower nic (6mg) versus the 11mg cart, I'm suddenly getting a lot more vapor, a much better throat hit and a smooth satisfying experience. I'm think I'm getting close to becoming a full-time vapor!

Paul

P.S. I have both the older Vapor King with the larger noisier holes and the newer ones with the less noisy holes. Like the newer ones better.

Danny H

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
www.e-cigarette-stores.com
Looks like everyone covered everything on refilling these.

I am adding a few drops here and there instead of smoking the cart to the bone when you burn it.

Like a steak, cook it too long and it burns.

I have a good session with it, 10-15 good hits and add a couple drops in the battery end and it stays fresh until my next hypo-toxin-fit-have-to-have withdrawl and then do it again.

Im carrying two or three carts in my pocket and changing them keeping the caps on of course.

And when i put it in my pocket im putting a rubber cap on it so it doesnt dry out.

I have to tell you, EVO, that I'm just as mystified as you on this. I did my 10 cart refill production line thing on Saturday, let them sit overnight. The first one I tried was useless and I thought, wow, what a gigantic waste of time this was. The second one I tried beginning yesterday and it is still going strong with great vapor, hit and flavor. If we ever get this figured out, we'll be in high corn.....:cry:

I'm telling you, these carts, when refilled are hit or miss.

Because they are hand made, some are better/worst than others and remember...they are "disposables" :)

Which reminds me...it's time for me to refill mine!!

DSCN2762.jpg

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Yes exactly....they are hit or miss...A couple nights ago I tried a cart that was incredibly good. BY far the best vaping experience I had. I vaped on it for a couple of days really heavy and was able to refill it a bunch of times. I kept it as a template. I noticed it had the smaller holes. SO if any cart has bigger holes than those I file the edges down a bit to match it (this takes like ten seconds with flat metal file). This makes a huge difference. I also noticed that inside the cartomizer...the wire surrounded with the fire ......ant material was perfectly centered. Also the you could see perfectly right through it with the light coming in from the battery end. Another thing was that cart material was little bit below the fire ......ant material. SO now I open up any new cartridge and look for these things. With a toothpick I center the wire/fire ......ent material so that I can see the light through it. I make sure there is no cart material touching the wire (this gives off the burning taste). I guess when I vape... I vape very hard because I noticed through out the day things shifting. SO I go through all the motions again...and for me the vape gets much better.

Another thing I tried today which improved an old cart was to clean it with water. I let water run through the mouth piece end for 30 seconds. Blew the excess water out from the battery end and then held a hair drier on the mouth piece end for a minute. Then I Refilled it with liquid ...it improved the vape tremendously.

Yes exactly....they are hit or miss...A couple nights ago I tried a cart that was incredibly good. BY far the best vaping experience I had. I vaped on it for a couple of days really heavy and was able to refill it a bunch of times. I kept it as a template. I noticed it had the smaller holes. SO if any cart has bigger holes than those I file the edges down a bit to match it (this takes like ten seconds with flat metal file). This makes a huge difference. I also noticed that inside the cartomizer...the wire surrounded with the fire ......ant material was perfectly centered. Also the you could see perfectly right through it with the light coming in from the battery end. Another thing was that cart material was little bit below the fire ......ant material. SO now I open up any new cartridge and look for these things. With a toothpick I center the wire/fire ......ent material so that I can see the light through it. I make sure there is no cart material touching the wire (this gives off the burning taste). I guess when I vape... I vape very hard because I noticed through out the day things shifting. SO I go through all the motions again...and for me the vape gets much better.

Another thing I tried today which improved an old cart was to clean it with water. I let water run through the mouth piece end for 30 seconds. Blew the excess water out from the battery end and then held a hair drier on the mouth piece end for a minute. Then I Refilled it with liquid ...it improved the vape tremendously.

Your discoveries are very interesting and well worth further looking into.

I'm not going to bother with all that because it will just defeat my purpose for getting the vapor king in the first place...ease of use and low maintenance.

I have gotten so sick and tired of refilling carts, dripping, cleaning atomizers etc. It's all just to time consuming for me.

Being able to drip from the battery end and vape away is as far as I'll personally go.

Kudos to you and keep up the research and let us all know of your results.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Max...thanks to you and others in this forum....I stuck with the VK and now they are going to be my go to Ecigs. At first I thought these were like the 901s in Vapor productions and throat hit..but I must of being doing a lot of things wrong because the last 5 days have been vaping heaven. When properly filled these things blow away any other ecig. Recently I got a 510...great throat hit and taste...but horrible battery life and you have to top off every minute. I get more throat hit with the VK and a lot more vapor and you don't have to drip and top off. Anyway the only way to make our vaping experience even better is if they start making the SD or other Mods compatible with the VK carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread